7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 27, 2017, 8:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
I think Andrew is a prime example of giving players time to bed in. He was getting a fair bit of criticism at the beginning of the season and has turned out to be our best player. That's why i think some of those that are not happy with the way the team are performing need to give it a bit more time before getting too downbeat.

I think he may well get a better offer next season and wouldn't be surprised if he moved on. You can't begrudge him if he does.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
lee65
March 27, 2017, 9:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
I like Danny Andrew, and it's fair to say he has become one of our best and most consistent players, but if he is being tempted elsewhere I find that a bit hard to take. We took a chance on him and have given him regular league football, does that not count for something in terms of his loyalty to us?, at least for one more season?

Hopefully, as has being mentioned before on the thread, people are simply reading too much in to this, and Danny is keen to see where the Mariners can push on to next year and wants to be a core part of this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
Mariner_09
March 27, 2017, 9:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I reckon because the football has become so bland and there's nothing to play people have become bored and decided to look for things that simply aren't there.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
Maringer
March 27, 2017, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
I suppose it is nice (in a small way) to be enjoying mid-table mediocrity in League Two. Better than our last two attempts at this level, that's for sure!

That said, we could really do with a few good performances and results before the end of the season (at BP especially) to finish it off on a positive note. Something to build on in the close season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
Garth
March 30, 2017, 9:15am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
What has disappointed me is the fact that we have been 5 to 7 points off the playoffs for weeks now and have not had the nouse to put in that little bit extra required to get over the line.
Past season in non league admittedly, we always at this time of the year something interesting to look forward to, now we will be just going through the motions I'm afraid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
Mariner93er
March 30, 2017, 9:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
You really think a little bit of nouse is what we needed? Let's be honest, we've not been good enough all season for the playoffs, which is acceptable if our first season back.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
Maringer
March 30, 2017, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Quite true. The only reason we were close to the play-offs was due to Bogle's remarkable goalscoring exploits and (not unsurprisingly) we haven't been able to replace like with like following his late departure to Wigan.

After quite a few years of our strikers finishing as the top scorers in the division, I think we need to expect to be back to normality next year where the goals are spread out through the team. Would be nice if we managed to get a few strikers into double-figures next season because it's risky to have to rely so much on a single player as Hearn's injuries with us showed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 30, 2017, 11:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Funny how we differ in views on end of season "nothing to play for games". Firstly, I would much rather have these than relegation battle six pointers, secondly, often with no pressure for a result, sides can go out and to a certain extent enjoy themselves.

As MB says it also provides opportunity to see what certain squad players (& hopefully the odd youngster) can do at first team level. So I expect we will see Dan Jones and maybe the young striker Rose given some game time. Personally, over the years I quite enjoy seeing these matches as often they can be pretty open games. Plus if we lose not the end of the world as to some extent if you come twelth or sixteenth is pretty irrelevant.

I would like to see some evidence that MB is going to provide a more attacking & entertaining team, as he suggested on arrival, but most of all want to see evidence that the players brought in will have the qualities that will improve us going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
Garth
March 30, 2017, 12:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
When you get within 5/7 points off a playoff position with say 10 or 12 to play, a different mood should descend on a squad of players in the shape of we will not get beaten at home at any cost and do our very best to take something away from home, its called togetherness/teamwork which was in abundance in last seasons squad.

Too many changes with new team members have not been able to generate that backs to the wall syndrome that we were proud of last season,(Braintree away) and that fight is what was missing in the past two months, lets see if we can add to the squad during pre season, it seems its more important to be strong at the finish rather than do a Scunthorpe and drop off when it matters most.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
MuddyWaters
March 30, 2017, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Garth
When you get within 5/7 points off a playoff position with say 10 or 12 to play, a different mood should descend on a squad of players in the shape of we will not get beaten at home at any cost and do our very best to take something away from home, its called togetherness/teamwork which was in abundance in last seasons squad.

Too many changes with new team members have not been able to generate that backs to the wall syndrome that we were proud of last season,(Braintree away) and that fight is what was missing in the past two months, lets see if we can add to the squad during pre season, it seems its more important to be strong at the finish rather than do a Scunthorpe and drop off when it matters most.

Oh yeah, Braintree away when Hurst had to change things because Monky was injured
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Danny Andrew

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.