7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
devs
February 19, 2017, 10:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
I don't mind fans expressing anger and constructive opinion over bad results but it's the fact it can become personal, abusive and just so ill thought out it is embarrassing
Read last week (and I quote) "Bignot has obviously lost the dressing room" - what utter bo*llocks!

It is why fans are fans and not people who run a business/organisation (unless you are an Italian owner of course) because we'd have 46 managers a season

Yesterday showed we are very comfortable in this league; we have a lot of promise with a young, inexperienced manager and team... I think I'm right that only two players yesterday had more than a one season's football league experience?? Collins and Clements?? Might be wrong??

If that is true then what that shows me is great promise, some astute signings (from a manager and staff who obviously know the game), a lmid/long-term view of GTFC's squad make up, and also the fact we will have a few scary/bad days due to lack of experience

No-one has a clue how this will all unfold but MB is my manager and he gets my 100% support through good times and bad

Angry, irrational posters...in future please take a breath before you write your pearls of wisdom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 69
forza ivano
February 19, 2017, 8:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,271
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from devs
I don't mind fans expressing anger and constructive opinion over bad results but it's the fact it can become personal, abusive and just so ill thought out it is embarrassing
Read last week (and I quote) "Bignot has obviously lost the dressing room" - what utter bo*llocks!

It is why fans are fans and not people who run a business/organisation (unless you are an Italian owner of course) because we'd have 46 managers a season

Yesterday showed we are very comfortable in this league; we have a lot of promise with a young, inexperienced manager and team... I think I'm right that only two players yesterday had more than a one season's football league experience?? Collins and Clements?? Might be wrong??

If that is true then what that shows me is great promise, some astute signings (from a manager and staff who obviously know the game), a lmid/long-term view of GTFC's squad make up, and also the fact we will have a few scary/bad days due to lack of experience

No-one has a clue how this will all unfold but MB is my manager and he gets my 100% support through good times and bad

Angry, irrational posters...in future please take a breath before you write your pearls of wisdom

This
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 69
Rick12
February 19, 2017, 10:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from forza ivano
Strangely quiet on here tonight after such a convincing win, lot of posters who were very active last week are as usual noticeable by their absence.
So thought we could have a special thread where we can all say well done to the players and Bignot, especially as we are only 3 points off the play offs. Won't hold my breat waiting for the Gang of Four to post
Anyway well done town, especially putting one over that fat Scottish twit
The yo yo of the the fishy.Just hope Bignott doesnt read the fishy and get affected by some of the ludicrous comments on here following defeats.Feel 20 years ago must have been far easier being a footballer/manager when social media wasnt around!

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 69
HertsGTFC
February 19, 2017, 10:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Rick12
The yo yo of the the fishy.Just hope Bignott doesnt read the fishy and get affected by some of the ludicrous comments on here following defeats.Feel 20 years ago must have been far easier being a footballer/manager when social media wasnt around!

If you are bothered about what people think about you I would suggest that football manager is not the chosen career path to take.

I doubt he reads the Fishy TBH

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 69
Cloudy
February 20, 2017, 7:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Rick12

Can't people post if we lose then?

Fans who have travelled to Crawley, Stevenage and Crewe in recent weeks were well within their rights to complain, to be dissapointed, even worried were they not?

Personally I think it was correct to question Bignot when, For example, we had 4 forwards on the pitch at Stevenage towards the end and then put our 19 goal striker in what looked like a deep midfield role. It was madness and IMO deserved criticism.

I am sure everyone would be much happier after Saturday's fine win which showed some promise
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 69
Rick12
February 20, 2017, 8:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

Quoted from Cloudy

Can't people post if we lose then?

Fans who have travelled to Crawley, Stevenage and Crewe in recent weeks were well within their rights to complain, to be dissapointed, even worried were they not?

Personally I think it was correct to question Bignot when, For example, we had 4 forwards on the pitch at Stevenage towards the end and then put our 19 goal striker in what looked like a deep midfield role. It was madness and IMO deserved criticism.

I am sure everyone would be much happier after Saturday's fine win which showed some promise
Agree to a point but some comments Ive read have been beyond belief and quite frankly just litters the forum with garbage thus lowering the authenticity of the site

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 69
Mariner93er
February 20, 2017, 8:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
It's the fact certain people only engage on the forum when we lose too. Just sad quite frankly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 69
Cloudy
February 20, 2017, 8:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Rick12

Agree to a point but some comments Ive read have been beyond belief and quite frankly just litters the forum with garbage thus lowering the authenticity of the site

Think it may be best to ignore the 10% that are outrageously critical/vicious and the 10% who are gushingly praiseworthy even after a hammering . Just focus on the 80% who are reasonable even if you differ from their opinion
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 69
chaos33
February 20, 2017, 9:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,981
Gold Stars: 361
But it's a very small handful of cranks who can be dismissed or ignored. There's overreaction to results bad and good and overstatement by many, and then issues like this just become overexposed and overplayed.

Most people just give it a swerve and keep a sense of balance and perspective and then involve themselves in discussions with others who do the same. Criticism, excitement, concern, confusion - all part of the mix. Bit of calm balance in short supply from a few (usual suspects) and many more who respond to that, and use words like 'brigade'.

To be honest, overreaction and overstatement are so prevalent in social media and society in general that it's probably no surprise to see it rife here

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 69
A Brace Of Tees
February 20, 2017, 9:12am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from forza ivano

Nobody's saying that a team shouldn't get criticism after a 5-0 defeat but there were idiots saying Bignot needed to be sacked, he's out of his depth, he hasn't a got a clue or a plan etc. It was way over the top and mainly came from the usual sources, who are unfailingly negative nut never post when we play well. My other point is that the fishy goes into meltdown after a defeat but is strangely quiet when we win and or play well.

It's true that there was some very irrational criticism after some of the recent hopeless performances, but don't ignore the fact that there was also rational criticism. The two should never be confused.

On Saturday it definitely improved after the first stuttering half hour, and when we scored against the run of play you could see the confidence lift it gave the players. We then started to boss the midfield (how I've longed to be able to say that this season!) and we kept a very solid shape throughout the rest of the match. But we shouldn't get too carried away by this until we see a definite pattern emerge in Town's play over the next few weeks.

I agree there needs to be a balanced view after poor results; equally there needs to be a balanced view after good ones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › congrats to the players/Bignot thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.