February 18, 2017, 6:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Well done boys...Great result.

Any thoughts on retracting some of the knee-jerk cr@p that you've been posting all week?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 69
grimsby pete
February 18, 2017, 6:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
Yes well done to Marcus and all the players.

I predicted a 4 - 2 win so 3 - 0  is even better,

I was watching final score and the goals going in when I thought who would take a pen if we got one with  Omar no longer  with us,

Then up it popped  Town 3  0  Dyson pen    

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 69
lew chaterleys lover
February 18, 2017, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from forza ivano
Strangely quiet on here tonight after such a convincing win, lot of posters who were very active last week are as usual noticeable by their absence.
So thought we could have a special thread where we can all say well done to the players and Bignot, especially as we are only 3 points off the play offs. Won't hold my breat waiting for the Gang of Four to post
Anyway well done town, especially putting one over that fat Scottish twit

Oh sod off. Last week was rubbish - hence the criticism. This week was much better and gives us a lot of hope, but if anybody could see it before todays performance I dont believe them, unless it was based on blind optimism.

I report on what I see. At the time. Not with a crystal ball, not criticism for the sake of it but as I see things as I see it, otherwise we might as all well post after the seasons ended. Even Bignot had to apologise after last weeks non show. If he can see it, why can't you accept people have every right to voice their concerns?

We all support the team by paying for season tickets and giving a lifetime's loyalty to the club, and we will obviously voice concerns when things are not going according to plan.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 69
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2017, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Oh sod off. Last week was rubbish - hence the criticism. This week was much better and gives us a lot of hope, but if anybody could see it before todays performance I dont believe them, unless it was based on blind optimism.

I report on what I see. At the time. Not with a crystal ball, not criticism for the sake of it but as I see things as I see it, otherwise we might as all well post after the seasons ended. Even Bignot had to apologise after last weeks non show. If he can see it, why can't you accept people have every right to voice their concerns?

We all support the team by paying for season tickets and giving a lifetime's loyalty to the club, and we will obviously voice concerns when thins are not going according to plan.

Last week was rubbish - yes. Every team in every league has an off day but some of the reaction on here was near on pathetic last week, when a club signs a shed load of players mid-season then there's going to be games when they don't gel. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone from last week but when one player gets caught out for three goals, he deserves to be dropped - he was and we've kept two clean sheets since.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 69
newarkmariner
February 18, 2017, 7:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Awesome today from back to front,Osbourne is a class above,im also waiting for the MB out of his depth  brigade because there silence is deafening
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 69
lew chaterleys lover
February 18, 2017, 7:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Last week was rubbish - yes. Every team in every league has an off day but some of the reaction on here was near on pathetic last week, when a club signs a shed load of players mid-season then there's going to be games when they don't gel. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone from last week but when one player gets caught out for three goals, he deserves to be dropped - he was and we've kept two clean sheets since.

I accept that of course I do, but there should not be a witch hunt on any forum were somebody posts what they see as the truth at the time. I hope I never have to post anything negative again for the remainder of my days but it is not going to happen, as there will be ups and downs. I have posted 100's of supportive posts even after a defeat if I thought we were going in the right direction under various managers, but I admit to being very dubious of the new manager and his ability to take us forward. If I turn out to be wrong, nobody will be more pleased than I, but this is a forum for goodness sake, not a fan club.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 69
Skrill
February 18, 2017, 7:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
We're good at breaking teams with great form. Only Exeter we're the ones that got away. Plymouth, Carlisle, and now a Mansfield nine match un-beaten run smashed by town. Congrats to Bignot and the players, the aim now is for some consistency!

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 69
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2017, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I accept that of course I do, but there should not be a witch hunt on any forum were somebody posts what they see as the truth at the time. I hope I never have to post anything negative again for the remainder of my days but it is not going to happen, as there will be ups and downs. I have posted 100's of supportive posts even after a defeat if I thought we were going in the right direction under various managers, but I admit to being very dubious of the new manager and his ability to take us forward. If I turn out to be wrong, nobody will be more pleased than I, but this is a forum for goodness sake, not a fan club.

I'm not singling you out at all. Last week, in my mind, was a cacophony of cra@p that sounded like the mighty GTFC could not and should not ever lose a game of football 5-0.

Of course it hurts, and anyone who went deserved to be pi$$ed off but calling for the manager's head a few weeks after he'd rebuilt his squad was way over the top. As some have pointed out, it's a year since the Halifax shambles and we have come a long way since then and sometimes posters on here have very selective memories.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 69
Grim74
February 18, 2017, 7:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Well done boys very good result against an inform team.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 69
Grimal
February 18, 2017, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9

We all support the team by paying for season tickets and giving a lifetime's loyalty to the club, and we will obviously voice concerns when things are not going according to plan.

Tuesday night was a massive improvement to the Crewe Fiasco and was unlucky to come away with just a draw after completely outplaying a much improved Newport team. I said to a mate before kickoff, if we play like we did at Newport we should take something from todays game,didn't expect to outplay Mansfield all over the park as we did today. Great result and 3 important points, well done lads and management.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › congrats to the players/Bignot thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.