Reply: 20 - 69
lee65
February 18, 2017, 7:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Really enjoyed the game today, first half, if Mansfield had finished better it could've been different but as it was their attack looked powder puff

I'm sure there'll be many ups and downs as we move towards the end of the season, but many positives today.

Osborne again
Sam Jones looks like a real find
Great goal for Dyson, pleased for him (he wins a lot in defence at set pieces too)

No bad performances, and even a Pantomime villain thrown in  

Well done all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 69
buckstown
February 18, 2017, 7:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,234
Gold Stars: 79
I'm not an MB out man, but I have questioned the performances at Stevenage and Crewe where we were beyond crap.
On a public forum I don't think we should be calling anyone out because they were dissatisfied at those performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 69
February 18, 2017, 7:50pm
Guest User
I've enjoyed nearly all the matches I've watched and listened to on RH, last week the exception.
Hey, we're in the football league again where the proud Mariners should be.
I am convinced we will be in the Play offs.
Great game today, lots going on. Town edged the first half and deserved to be 1-0 at halftime.
Mansfield are not a poor side, played the ball forward quickly but not big boot.
Town seemed to have a plan, knock the ball beyond their central pair either on the ground or in the air.
before we scored second I thought it was getting a bit end to end and next goal would dictate the result.
Once Town got that goal the confidence followed.
Tom Bolarinwa was my man of the match.
Well done UTM
Reply: 23 - 69
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2017, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from buckstown
I'm not an MB out man, but I have questioned the performances at Stevenage and Crewe where we were beyond crap.
On a public forum I don't think we should be calling anyone out because they were dissatisfied at those performances.

I'm not saying anyone should be satisfied. I'm asking fans to put into context the difficulty of bedding a new team in in the middle of a season, understanding why the manager has chosen to do it and remember just how far we've come in 12 months. We've got no divine right to win a football match but today showed what this squad of players can achieve, particularly if we get behind them.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 69
Cloudy
February 18, 2017, 8:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
A great win, no doubt.
A great performance? No, not for me. Yes we played ok but some of the reaction is over the top IMO

Mansfield were toothless and shocking defensively, we had a few players who performed very well but we are not the finished article
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 69
I Hate Chris Hollins
February 18, 2017, 8:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 5
Cloudy by name. Tw@t by nature.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 69
lew chaterleys lover
February 18, 2017, 8:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Grimal

Tuesday night was a massive improvement to the Crewe Fiasco and was unlucky to come away with just a draw after completely outplaying a much improved Newport team. I said to a mate before kickoff, if we play like we did at Newport we should take something from todays game,didn't expect to outplay Mansfield all over the park as we did today. Great result and 3 important points, well done lads and management.

I didn't go to Newport but all credit to those that did.

The radio commentary intimated it was a poor game, not helped by the pitch but my comments have been based on all the games that I have seen.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 69
Cloudy
February 18, 2017, 8:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Cloudy by name. Tw@t by nature.

Not acceptable!
I posted it was a great win and that I do not think we are the finished article, I don't think MB thinks so either.
Either way your abuse is unwarranted despite you maybe think differently
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 69
I Hate Chris Hollins
February 18, 2017, 8:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 5
Get behind your team apropos Rob Scott
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › congrats to the players/Bignot thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.