13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
coddy60
January 23, 2017, 8:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
If he has much say I reckon hed probably stay, hes certainly enjoyed working his way through the young female population of Cleethorpes (allegedly)...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 124
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2017, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Civvy at last
I do like Henderson, we have been lucky to get him.
But can people stop using him to have a pop at Macca.  If/when he goes back to Manure it won't be the end of the world.  Macca hasn't suddenly turned sh1t. We just have an exceptional young goalie on loan.

No-one said Macca was sh!t - just that mistakes by a goalie are more likely to cost goals and points at this level. This season Macca has made too many.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 124
ginnywings
January 23, 2017, 8:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
The defence definitely looks more relaxed with Hendo behind them. I think Macca is a very decent goalie and will benefit from a spell on the sidelines to focus the mind. He hasn't had much serious competition for a few seasons and maybe got a bit complacent. As good as he is, he isn't in the same class as Henderson, who is clearly bound for the top. I've seen a few young keepers at BP over the years and you could tell from just the one or two viewings that they were going on to bigger things. Hart, Hislop and James spring to mind.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 124
HertsGTFC
January 23, 2017, 8:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
I hope this thread des not denigrate into Hendo V James as Dean has come up in a coaching system in one of the top 10 clubs in the world and you can see that not only in his performance but also his behaviours. James however has served a lot of his time in  the "Tin Pot" leagues and has usually had a part time coach or at times non at all. I am not Gary Neville (who is a self appointed GK expert all of a sudden) a keeper or coach so don't feel qualified to talk about skills technique etc.. but what I do know is that both are 100% committed to doing well for GTFC.

If Dean stays we will be in a very good place for the rest of this term either way we will have a decent keeper behind our defence.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 124
lew chaterleys lover
January 23, 2017, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,731
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ginnywings
The defence definitely looks more relaxed with Hendo behind them. I think Macca is a very decent goalie and will benefit from a spell on the sidelines to focus the mind. He hasn't had much serious competition for a few seasons and maybe got a bit complacent. As good as he is, he isn't in the same class as Henderson, who is clearly bound for the top. I've seen a few young keepers at BP over the years and you could tell from just the one or two viewings that they were going on to bigger things. Hart, Hislop and James spring to mind.

Indeed he is a real class act. You will remember when we had Dave Beasant on loan and he was the best keeper I ever saw for Town, and that includes Charlie Wright, Nigel Batch and Danny Coyne. The reason Henderson and Beasant stand out is their ability to command their area. Many many keepers are great shot stoppers but the very best make the penalty box their domain and command it. Mckeown is a decent keeper, but no where near the class of Henderson. Why we didn't play him straight away I have no idea.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 124
HertsGTFC
January 23, 2017, 9:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228

Indeed he is a real class act. You will remember when we had Dave Beasant on loan and he was the best keeper I ever saw for Town, and that includes Charlie Wright, Nigel Batch and Danny Coyne. The reason Henderson and Beasant stand out is their ability to command their area. Many many keepers are great shot stoppers but the very best make the penalty box their domain and command it. Mckeown is a decent keeper, but no where near the class of Henderson. Why we didn't play him straight away I have no idea.

Batchy used to command his area usually with foul language....... Good keeper Nigel (like the others above) and as mad as a box of frogs like they all are, I also remember he used to kick from hand with one foot and off the ground with the other, never seen that before or since.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 124
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2017, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Without doubt, he's the most talented keeper I've seen in a Town shirt - Lurch was the finished article with years of experience. He looks every bit as talented as Joe Hart did when he played for Shrewsbury at BP and I suspect that we will have given a League debut to a future international - let's hope so!
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 124
KingstonMariner
January 23, 2017, 10:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
Does anybody know his gran ?

We could send her some flowers and chocs,

Just to be nice mind not a bribe for her to work on Dean to stay.

We could send you round to work your magic on her Pete. I'm sure you'd like to befriend a younger woman.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 124
dapperz fun pub
January 23, 2017, 11:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,963
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from coddy60
If he has much say I reckon hed probably stay, hes certainly enjoyed working his way through the young female population of Cleethorpes (allegedly)...

Young lad doing well at gtfc but who is signed for man u pulling the birds shocker.. what should he be doing watching is nan knitting all night ? He strikes me a very switched on young man, I can't see no scandals with this lad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 124
marinerrick
January 24, 2017, 12:13am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
I rate macca but as soon many have said doesn't command the box very well, I do think however having these games in the dugout may well have made macca realise that if he commands the box like Deano does he will be a much better stopper. he will have been watching Deano and probably learned a lot so when Deano goes back to manure macca will be better stopper when he starts back again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 124
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dean Henderson Interview on RH

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.