13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
BottesfordMariner
January 21, 2017, 9:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I think the lad has a bright future ahead of him.

He said teams from higher leagues have shown an interest in him (unsurprisingly) but he is happy here at the moment. Sounds like its down to United whether they want him to continue his development in League 2 or move higher.,

Obviously i would like him to stay at least to the end of the season as he has already showed his ability. I think he might well do so.

From United's perspective he is now playing regular 1st team football in a decent League 2 side. He's only played a handful of games so he is still at the very start of his career. Why rush him? He's not going to get near the 1st team at Old Trafford in the near future. He is staying with family in the area which must be beneficial for him on and off the pitch as he adapts to playing league football. He had to bide his time here and warmed the bench for the first half of the season. Having finally got into the team and having a run in the side it would seem the wrong time to me to go somewhere else and start all over again. He might go to a League 1 side and end up not playing which will be of no use to his development at all. The sensible choice for United would be let him stay here and play. At the moment its his shirt (and his performances merit that...no knock on Macca). Get half a season of regular football in this League under his belt then decide in the summer what the next step for him is. That may well be away from BP.

C'mon United you know it makes sense.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 124
Tinymariner
January 21, 2017, 9:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I can't stand badge kissing / chest beating and thought it was a bit false, however now I know his family live here it changes that. He probably grew up a Town fan then! Superb.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 124
pontoonlew
January 21, 2017, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
He's got the right mix of confidence, arrogance and ambition for me. He'll go right to the top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 124
moosey_club
January 21, 2017, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
kind of hope we give away a penalty just to see how he does..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 124
Mariner_09
January 21, 2017, 10:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
He inspires confidence in the back 4 and the fans as he invariably comes to claim tricky balls in his area. Can also play football and you don't panic so much when the balls at his feet and he gets the play moving quickly with very accurate and forceful throws and he's made at least 2 wonderful saves. The one today and that one at Carlisle. Really hope we keep him but if not we'll have a revived McKeown who will have a point to prove to come back in and his inclusion wouldn't worry me in the slightest.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 124
IlkleyMariner
January 21, 2017, 10:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
One of the few players who gets full fan support.

Suggests that he is capable of playing at a higher level.

Hope he stays for the rest of the season and gets Wembley experience!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 124
MuddyWaters
January 21, 2017, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
LISTEN - he'll go where Manure tell him to go. Up to a month ago, we had no chance of him staying because he hasn't played, now I think they'd be crazy to move him - but then again, I'm not paying his wages. Pssst Jose, you know it makes sense!
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 124
Davec
January 21, 2017, 10:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
Sign him peramantly in the summer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 124
chaos33
January 21, 2017, 10:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Think Codger is right. That was the overriding message I took out of his excellent interview.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 124
HertsGTFC
January 21, 2017, 10:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chaos33
Shrewsbury aren't letting many in. Do they need another first choice goalkeeper?

Having a decent 2nd choice keeper never seemed a priority for Paul when he was at GTFC so not sure what his motives are for signing Dean on loan if the interest is true. It will be a waste for the lad if he moves just to "put pressure" on a number one with good performances in training but never starting.

BTW I thought he handled JT really well maybe they give the youngsters media training at Man U as well as developing them to be prem stars?
Also well done to MB for investing Dean a 19 year old to do his first interview, that kind of thing helps when you want to make a player feel wanted which he definitely is.  

Have to say from what he said he is convinced he will be playing for Man U in the prem and I for one would not doubt that from the small amount we have seen from him, the boy loves a goal celebration too.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 124
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dean Henderson Interview on RH

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.