Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › gone.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 104 Guests

gone.

This thread currently has 25,251 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariners_15
October 23, 2016, 10:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Can I just plead with Fenty now not to take the cheap easy option please. And when a new gaffer comes in let's back him and update the backroom staff setup as having no fitness/conditioning coach at this level is a urine take to be quite frank.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 159
MuddyWaters
October 23, 2016, 10:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mariners_15
Can I just plead with Fenty now not to take the cheap easy option please. And when a new gaffer comes in let's back him and update the backroom staff setup as having no fitness/conditioning coach at this level is a urine take to be quite frank.

I would like to plead with him too. But I doubt he'll take any notice of what you or I say  
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 159
Sigone
October 23, 2016, 10:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Can someone explain to me what the cheap option is?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 159
moosey_club
October 23, 2016, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Sigone
Can someone explain to me what the cheap option is?

Hurst staying  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 159
Meza
October 23, 2016, 10:32pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,640
Gold Stars: 50
Some fans i assume, are blaming JF for PH leaving and then bringing up the past 10 years.

Why do we always bring up the shite from the past.  Have they forgotten who got PH in the first place.  I just cant stand fickle people drumming on about towns downfall it does my head in.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 159
mr b
October 23, 2016, 10:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +27
Hurst gone 6 figure yearly salary apparently 💷💷💷💷
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 159
Grim74
October 23, 2016, 10:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Thanks for the few good memories Mr Hurst but if I'm honest most of them are excrement, and good luck with your sideways move but if I'm honest I hope you fail miserably.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 159
Mariner_09
October 23, 2016, 10:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Paul Hurst, sadly in my period of watching Town, has been by far and away our most successful manager. He will leave the club in a position incomparably better than it was when he took over. In my opinion we are forever indebted to him. My sentimental thoughts may not mirror across this forum but I didn’t give two hoots about how we got out of the doldrums that is non-league and I was perfectly happy to give Hursty this year at least. He seems to adapted quite well, we have almost totally carried over our Conference form, we can win away but can’t win at home and we seem to get punished for very little and then create a whole host of chances but fail to take any.

I do not begrudge Hursty’s stubbornness and his dealings with Podge and Arnold as he needed to show who was boss as he did with Thomas, Neilson, Brown and Mackreth. He has shown to be a terrific man manager as players as you never hear of any believable rifts in the dressing room as these things invariably creep out. I also admired his determinism on three occasions.

Firstly, when Shouty got the bullet, he could easily have walked out with him, and that decision seems to have benefitted him in the long run. The second was after the Halifax shenanigans. He was personally insulted with very prominent chants of “Hurst out” and “Hursty is a w*****”which was totally tasteless and uncalled for. I wouldn’t have criticised him in the slightest had he turned round and stuck two fingers up at us and said, “I’m not putting up with that lot”. Thirdly was after Braintree at home that was the lowest I’d ever been, I did begin to think Hursty’s teams were predictable and too many half clever managers had sussed him out. He proved us all wrong with a wonderfully executed tactical masterplan at Braintree, where we exhausted them with midfield dominance and then exploited that tiredness with pace on both flanks. Utter genius. We then completely dominated FGR at Wembley and were in no trouble bar a wonder goal and a ridiculous miss by Parkin.

He was in my opinion totally within his rights to come out with emotions running high and let everyone know how difficult it has been for him personally. He is a human being after all and we shouldn’t forget the amount of abuse he received, no matter how thick his skin, will eventually get through.

After the torrid decade we had endured and the particularly awful 2 years under Newell and then Woody, he and Shouty, came in and steadied the ship, we eventually started to show progress between seasons and he spotted some of the best players that some of us have seen at BP. McKeown, Pearson, Dis, Hearn, Amond, Toto, Arnold, the list goes on. We finally had a team that was evidently trying and played for the shirt and the badge. Then when Shouty left, our footballing style improved exponentially over the coming months and better players were brought in as players weren’t afraid to work for him and not that foul mouthed buffoon, Shouty.

Some of his decisions have been almost instinctively criticised. His decision to repeatedly play John Lewis, was correct, he offered lots to us and we benefitted from his tireless running and his footballing ability is indicative of a number of decisions he has taken. Perhaps the fact we played well at Braintree and Wembley with Monkhouse out the side wasn’t entirely unrelated. We will never know but I have my doubts. Against almost this entire forum’s expectation he achieved what he set out to. He guided us back to where we belong, he stopped the rot that could have continued and made the momentum alter to the other direction.

He has his faults, undoubtedly. He has prickly demeanour, and when things don’t suit he has a propensity to bite when he possibly shouldn’t. He seems unwilling for one reason or another to give a formation other than 4-4-2 an extended period. I personally believe, Comley and McAllister sitting with Bolarinwa, Vose and Chambers behind Bogle would create havoc in this league. He also never found an effective way to win games like yesterday but I’d rather have been better against good teams than poor ones.

But his pros certainly outweigh his cons. He has a ruthless streak, he didn’t mess about last year, he cleared out the dead wood and didn’t respond the Amond’s gamesmanship off the pitch. He can spot a player and he can set his teams up to be very effective away from home and he got us promoted. I have so many questions I want answering though.

Why Shrewsbury? What is wrong with us now? Why either Mr Fenty, Hursty, Shrewsbury or whoever has let this situation be played out like this? He will now leave with a cloud over him. Some of us were already ambivalent about him and some even want him gone. The concern I now have going forward is that we lost two key players to Hartlepool and a manager to Shrewsbury, is there somebody being too tight, i.e. Mr Fenty, or has he simply decided a change was better for him? Maybe it will be for everyone, someone like Adkins or Bignot could come in and guide us to the next level and hopefully cross paths with Shrewsbury next year.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 159
moosey_club
October 23, 2016, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from mr b
Hurst gone 6 figure yearly salary apparently 💷💷💷💷

a pay cut then ?

We were paying him a 7 figure sum .. £10,000:00p  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 159
davmariner
October 23, 2016, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Buckley should be installed as Caretaker Manager. He's an experienced pair of hands and knows the team. It will give us a bit of breathing space to choose the right replacement for Hurst.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 159
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › gone.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.