Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › gone.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 124 Guests

gone.

This thread currently has 25,259 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Wrawby_Mariner
October 23, 2016, 11:40pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Well, it's just that you've not mentioned it before. Or are the gloves allowed to come off now with Hurst, like Podge when he left?

And there were two parties in that transaction (and I don't mean Rob Scott).

I believe I said at the time.. That it was bound to happen to us.. I don't think I said anything when Podge left either unless you care to find it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 100 - 159
Badger57
October 23, 2016, 11:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Garth

Also a big thanks must go to the guy who hauled Gowling down in the Braintree game, Hurst or no Hurst without his generous action we could have been home to Ferriby this Saturday

TRUTH!

Without that crazy, wreckless and totally unnecessary challenge I'm certain we wouldn't be playing league football this season. Call it fate, but from the second that the ensuing scuffed penalty hit the back of the net there was an inevitability about the whole thing. Destiny had decided our fate. It was our turn (finally)and I for one didn't doubt it for a second from that very moment!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 159
KingstonMariner
October 23, 2016, 11:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I believe I said at the time.. That it was bound to happen to us.. I don't think I said anything when Podge left either unless you care to find it.

Didn't say YOU said anything about Podge. Just that it's like the Podge situation when everyone suddenly decided he was excrement.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 159
Kris2
October 23, 2016, 11:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136

Didn't say YOU said anything about Podge. Just that it's like the Podge situation when everyone suddenly decided he was excrement.

Well people don't like rejection in any form, they want to keep some pride so they'll lash out like "always thought he was rubbish anyway!" etc etc. People tend to be fickle about this stuff anyway and are quick to moan when things aren't going well but as soon as we get a couple of wins anyone saying anything negative is quickly hushed and only positivity is allowed.

But yeah in this case people are going through the various stages, first denial "Oh he'd never leave us for that crappy club" then anger "Never liked him, he wasn't even a very good manager!" eventually people will accept it and move on.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 159
Wrawby_Mariner
October 23, 2016, 11:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6

I don't for a second think think Hurst is/was shite. Yes I think some of his decisions have been odd but who hasn't? Never called Podge  for that matter but If someones here that no longer wants to be id gladly drive them to their next destination, simple as that. Non of want a player or manger whose heart lies elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 104 - 159
forza ivano
October 24, 2016, 12:04am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
Mariner 91s post is spot on. If he's gone then the best f luck to him. Wish I could get a six figure salary and
Iive in salop.id be off quicker than u could say mariner. Howeve with Adkins Shakespeare Stubbs being available plus numerous other possibilities, I'd love Crowley to come here, means it's a great time for him to leave
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 159
arryarryarry
October 24, 2016, 12:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mariners_15
Can I just plead with Fenty now not to take the cheap easy option please. And when a new gaffer comes in let's back him and update the backroom staff setup as having no fitness/conditioning coach at this level is a urine take to be quite frank.

We could do with a "corner kick" coach as well.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 159
Mrs Doyle
October 24, 2016, 4:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from chaos33

I think/hope they'll go as a pair.

"Not in this game let's have a look at the ole scoreboard"............................ Hursty one Fenty nil arf......arf.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 159
Mrs Doyle
October 24, 2016, 4:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
He leaves the club in a much better state than when he took over.  It's possible that he even helped save it by eventually getting us promoted back to the league.  He's built a good side.  We should all wish him well.

This in spades. whoever takes over as a strong side in a great position to move on for that I thank him.

We move on a new chapter as dawned "FISH"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 159
cannylad68
October 24, 2016, 7:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
What a mess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 159
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › gone.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.