7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
October 1, 2016, 5:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Just seen his injury, large gash to upper leg, completley cut open, how on earth that isnt a red card i will never know
Logged Online
Private Message
RossFish
October 1, 2016, 5:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +46
[tweet]782251469227556864[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
Kris2
October 1, 2016, 5:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Ref looks at that "Oh that's only a booking" bloody dangerous to have these refs on the pitch who don't deal with this stuff he'll let more people get hurt by not stamping down on this stuff that's disgraceful.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
Mariner Ronnie
October 1, 2016, 5:46pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
In my observation I don't think he saw it, this is were he's relying on his assistant, who as proven again today, ineffective.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 66
Marinerz93
October 1, 2016, 5:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I'm not squeamish but how their player stayed on the pitch after that challenge is disgusting, studs have done that which means the Hartlepool player has gone into the challenge with studs up that's a straight red.

The club should look at the video and possibly complain to the FA.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 66
Hagrid
October 1, 2016, 5:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Even after not seeing the challenge though, you only have to look at the players leg, how high the defender must have had his studs to cut open a wound like that. Its really poor officiating
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 66
Marinerz93
October 1, 2016, 5:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
In my observation I don't think he saw it, this is were he's relying on his assistant, who as proven again today, ineffective.

He was on the ground long enough not moving for the ref to bimble over and see what was up with Chambers. Upon finding an open wound like that you don't need to be a surgeon to know that studs have caused that, straight red.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 66
Kris2
October 1, 2016, 5:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Clearly a case of a ref bottling making the decision because it was so early in the game for them to be down to 10 men and it was in front of their fans, wonder if that's what he was taught when he was training to be a match official? Let yourself be intimidated by away fans and the away team instead of making the right call because you're in charge.

It should be reviewed for dangerous play and the player should be suspended and fined for that, no place in the game for it.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 66
topuphere666
October 1, 2016, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Surely 4 -6 weeks out as a result. Horrendous injury!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 66
topuphere666
October 1, 2016, 6:10pm
Vodka Drinker
That looks like it could be super close to a main artery. How the lad didn't get sent off is beyond me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 66
Skrill
October 1, 2016, 6:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Bloody hell. Might want to put a warning sign on this post!

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2016, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
It's a straight red whether it's in the first minute or the last. Linesperson on Youngs side looked like they were guessing most of the game.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
Balthazar Bullitt
October 1, 2016, 6:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from topuphere666
That looks like it could be super close to a main artery. How the lad didn't get sent off is beyond me

That would be the femoral artery and no it isn't.

Still should have been a straight red though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
topuphere666
October 1, 2016, 6:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt

That would be the femoral artery and no it isn't.

Still should have been a straight red though.

Cheers Doc 😜
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
Nelly GTFC
October 1, 2016, 7:20pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,750
Gold Stars: 31
I hope the club can take this further, Jake Carroll should of been definitely sent off for dangerous play.  The referee totally bottled it.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
KingstonMariner
October 1, 2016, 7:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Ouch!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
BackHeelTony
October 1, 2016, 7:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Didn't think it was a sending off myself. You can't judge an offence by the extent of the injury. Ball was off the ground so both players feet were high. Chambers just got there first. Didn't look malicious to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
moosey_club
October 1, 2016, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,263
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from BackHeelTony
Didn't think it was a sending off myself. You can't judge an offence by the extent of the injury. Ball was off the ground so both players feet were high. Chambers just got there first. Didn't look malicious to me

You are correct about judging by the extent of the injury but serious foul play ( Red Card Offences) is defined as endangering an opponent which he clearly did more than.

Law 12
SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2016, 8:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,943
Gold Stars: 228
So..............You can cause an injury like that and not get sent off? Feels odd to me! From what we have seen of Chambo he is a good hard working pro who deserves better.

Not a doctor but I know there is some really main arteries around there so I guess he is a,lucky lad,    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
chaos33
October 1, 2016, 8:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from HertsGTFC
So..............You can cause an injury like that and not get sent off? Feels odd to me! From what we have seen of Chambo he is a good hard working pro who deserves better.

Not a doctor but I know there is some really main arteries around there so I guess he is a,lucky lad,    

I think you've missed the point about judging foul play purely on the extent of the injury alone.
What do you mean he 'deserves better'?
There aren't any main arteries round there.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
Japers
October 1, 2016, 8:23pm

ABsaid put it in corner,thought meant top corner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +13
I wonder if the guy had studs or blades on as i seem to remember reading an article several years ago that blades on boots cause these gaping wounds.
awaits many jokes about blades....
hope Chambers gets sorted soon.

The boss told me to put it in the corner.....i thought he meant the top corner.
Jim Dobbin after 1-0 victory at Newcastle wonder strike
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 66
October 1, 2016, 8:23pm
Guest User
I was sat in the lower findus, as I always am. In my opinion, their left back would have been wrong if he didn't take Chambers out. Ashley was slightly, very slightly ahead of him and the ball was played ahead of the slightly out of position full back. I do not believe, for one minute the lad tried to slash Ashley's leg open. He won't have been wearing 'blades' or dodgy boots, they are checked by the officials.

Just because there is a nasty looking injury, it doesn't mean there should be an instant red card, it was one of those injuries, it happens. Their full back had to do the professional thing and either win the ball or take Chambers out.
Reply: 21 - 66
chaos33
October 1, 2016, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Exactly. It's very nasty and very unfortunate, but does happen.
Somebody saying he 'deserves better' seems to me to fundamentally misunderstand the nature of accidents and freak occurrences.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 66
Japers
October 1, 2016, 8:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
not suggesting anything untoward about the players boots just wondering if he had good old fashioned stud or moulded blades on. i will try to find the report about the introduction of blades onto football boots and causing bigger cuts then simple studs

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 66
mariner91
October 1, 2016, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Good luck to Ash, that is going to be sore for at least a few days! Hope we see him back sooner rather than later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 66
Japers
October 1, 2016, 8:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
there have been numerous injuries caused by blades or hybrids to back up his theory. In 2002, Burnley striker Andy Payton was forced to retire after needing 38 stitches in his leg – "It was like a carving knife slitting it open," he said last year. Gillingham player Andy Hessenthaler had suffered a similar injury the year before, with a cut so deep he reported that he could fit a whole mobile phone inside it, while last month 13-year-old schoolboy Kavan Ryan was rushed to hospital with a 10-inch gash sustained in a youth match in the Midlands.

But while Sir Alex Ferguson went as far as banning blades at Manchester United in 2005 after he claimed they were responsible for Roy Keane breaking his foot and several junior leagues around the country followed suit, it wasn't until Wayne Rooney suffered a horrific gashed leg against Fulham last year that the problem was once again highlighted on the big stage. In the immediate aftermath of that incident, PFA chief executive, Gordon Taylor, called for tighter regulations and raised the issue in a meeting with the FA's Medical Committee, although no action was taken.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 66
October 1, 2016, 8:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from Japers
not suggesting anything untoward about the players boots just wondering if he had good old fashioned stud or moulded blades on. i will try to find the report about the introduction of blades onto football boots and causing bigger cuts then simple studs

Going back just a few years at Sunday level, the refs check for suitable boots. I can't imagine 'blades' are allowed at that level or that the checking of boots isn't enforced.
Reply: 26 - 66
Mariner93er
October 1, 2016, 9:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,737
Gold Stars: 28
I do find it bizarre to suggest that their guy should have been sent off solely based on the injury, even if non of the officials saw it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 66
sydney
October 1, 2016, 9:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Worse decision I've seen in ages and I've seen some bad ones
excrement ref again thought we had left them behind in conference
Someone who reads this thread should report this ref and he should get a ban or relegated
Chambers was obviously hurt bad
Red card 110%
Here is to a swift recovery Chambers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 66
Maringer
October 1, 2016, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,517
Gold Stars: 185
Any challenge with raised studs which causes injury like that is surely dangerous play, even if there was no intent, just clumsiness?

Ah well, hope Chambers makes a prompt recovery. Guess it will be several weeks before he's able to play.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 66
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2016, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75
I was sat in the lower findus, as I always am. In my opinion, their left back would have been wrong if he didn't take Chambers out. Ashley was slightly, very slightly ahead of him and the ball was played ahead of the slightly out of position full back. I do not believe, for one minute the lad tried to slash Ashley's leg open. He won't have been wearing 'blades' or dodgy boots, they are checked by the officials.

Just because there is a nasty looking injury, it doesn't mean there should be an instant red card, it was one of those injuries, it happens. Their full back had to do the professional thing and either win the ball or take Chambers out.

Read what you have posted here back to yourself FFS ............ is taking another player out "professional" that's a term that can be used to describe many more good things in the game than that challenge.

Why is it right to take a player out? Agree he did not try and gash his leg but he clearly went in with enough force to cause what could have been a dangerous injury. You are right the officials check boots so if he was not wearing anything unsafe so he clearly went in with real intent to cause that type of gash.

I am not living in the dark ages thinking that we should play in a "corinthian spirit" but your logic suggests that you condone what is a really bad challenge.............I'd give Dave Challoner a call he likes that sort of thing.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 66
October 1, 2016, 9:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from sydney
Worse decision I've seen in ages and I've seen some bad ones
excrement ref again thought we had left them behind in conference
Someone who reads this thread should report this ref and he should get a ban or relegated
Chambers was obviously hurt bad
Red card 110%
Here is to a swift recovery Chambers

Not IMO. Was a 60/40 and the full back wasn't the favourite. He had to stretch, had to catch him or he's be a shite full back! When he missed the ball, it was probably a yellow. The injury doesn't make it a straight red for me, unless there was intent to hurt our player. There was intent to stop him, but not to injure him like that. My opinion anyway, the game is too soft now.
Reply: 31 - 66
bigdavemariner
October 1, 2016, 9:31pm
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
Impossible for a ref to send a player off based on a resulting injury.
As an example, 2 players come together at the same point. One player breaks his ankle on impact . Doesn't make it a bad challenge so isn't a red card.
The same thing with chambers. I'm not saying if it was a foul or not as I couldn't tell you, but the defender could have won the ball and momentum took him through chambers and caused the injury. It's an awful injury but doesn't make it a red card.
Wish him a speedy recovery. Missed his hard work defensively today

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
MarinerWY
October 1, 2016, 9:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from 75
Going back just a few years at Sunday level, the refs check for suitable boots. I can't imagine 'blades' are allowed at that level or that the checking of boots isn't enforced.

Blades are certainly allowed at Sunday league level. Although regarding checking of boots, I agree this is something that used to happen before every match only a few years ago, however I haven't had boots checked with one random exception for quite a few seasons now.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
October 1, 2016, 9:35pm
Guest User
Will both have to see the challenge again Herts, I've no problem with the tackle as above. Will look again when it's online and we'll maybe comment again. I don't condone any tackle where the perpretrator tries to genuinely injure a fellow professional like that shithead Parkin on Josh Gowling in the final, but I've no issue with someone doing his job when the odds are against him in a fast moving environment. Or even if he knows he's beaten (not in this case) and taking one for the team.

It comes down to was there intent to inflict that injury? For me, I was ten yards away with a clear view. No, no intent. Intent to win the ball when up against it, intent to make sure the opponent didn't get away and take one for the team. Yes, yellow maybe at worst for me.
Reply: 34 - 66
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2016, 9:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Impossible for a ref to send a player off based on a resulting injury.
As an example, 2 players come together at the same point. One player breaks his ankle on impact . Doesn't make it a bad challenge so isn't a red card.
The same thing with chambers. I'm not saying if it was a foul or not as I couldn't tell you, but the defender could have won the ball and momentum took him through chambers and caused the injury. It's an awful injury but doesn't make it a red card.
Wish him a speedy recovery. Missed his hard work defensively today

Sorry, can't agree. Any challenge that causes an injury like that is a red card all day long.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
Marinerz93
October 1, 2016, 9:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75

Not IMO. Was a 60/40 and the full back wasn't the favourite. He had to stretch, had to catch him or he's be a shite full back! When he missed the ball, it was probably a yellow. The injury doesn't make it a straight red for me, unless there was intent to hurt our player. There was intent to stop him, but not to injure him like that. My opinion anyway, the game is too soft now.

60/40 is about right in Chambers favour and your comment about taking Ash out is also right, therefore it was deliberate and a straight red. Intent to stop him has resulted in Chambers being out for 4 to 6 weeks, too soft, it's not Rollerball (film from 80's)

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
sydney
October 1, 2016, 9:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
It's on his thigh isn't it
Seems pretty high to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 66
promotion plaice
October 1, 2016, 9:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,066
Gold Stars: 198

Red card all day long.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 66
October 1, 2016, 9:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

60/40 is about right in Chambers favour and your comment about taking Ash out is also right, therefore it was deliberate and a straight red. Intent to stop him has resulted in Chambers being out for 4 to 6 weeks, too soft, it's not Rollerball (film from 80's)

There's a millisecond in it. It was in the middle right of the park, plenty of defenders in front of him. Their lad had to make the challenge, only he knows in his mind if he wanted to take Chambers out. If it was me, I'd have tried to win the ball, as soon as I'd stretched and lost out, I'd have made sure the lad didn't make me look a mug and gone through him, with the knowledge the ref would have know I'd played the ball, but in my head I'd have known I'd have taken the man as well. To be fair, he was so committed, he wouldn't have had much choice. Come on lads, most of us here have played the game at some crap level, it's the same at league 2 I'm sure!
Reply: 39 - 66
Marinerz93
October 1, 2016, 9:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75

There's a millisecond in it. It was in the middle right of the park, plenty of defenders in front of him. Their lad had to make the challenge, only he knows in his mind if he wanted to take Chambers out. If it was me, I'd have tried to win the ball, as soon as I'd stretched and lost out, I'd have made sure the lad didn't make me look a mug and gone through him, with the knowledge the ref would have know I'd played the ball, but in my head I'd have known I'd have taken the man as well. To be fair, he was so committed, he wouldn't have had much choice. Come on lads, most of us here have played the game at some crap level, it's the same at league 2 I'm sure!

You might have a point if the challenge was on the ground but it wasn't and if he did that to me he could have taken my old boy out  

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
October 1, 2016, 9:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

You might have a point if the challenge was on the ground but it wasn't and if he did that to me he could have taken my old boy out  

Haha, I'd had six pints and can't remember to be honest! Will look at the footage if I can bear to after the shocking result.
Reply: 41 - 66
October 1, 2016, 9:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from MarinerWY

Blades are certainly allowed at Sunday league level. Although regarding checking of boots, I agree this is something that used to happen before every match only a few years ago, however I haven't had boots checked with one random exception for quite a few seasons now.

Fair one, it seems gloves and tights are as well. What next? Big flipping hats? It's all gone to excrement.
Reply: 42 - 66
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2016, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75
Will both have to see the challenge again Herts, I've no problem with the tackle as above. Will look again when it's online and we'll maybe comment again. I don't condone any tackle where the perpretrator tries to genuinely injure a fellow professional like that shithead Parkin on Josh Gowling in the final, but I've no issue with someone doing his job when the odds are against him in a fast moving environment. Or even if he knows he's beaten (not in this case) and taking one for the team.

It comes down to was there intent to inflict that injury? For me, I was ten yards away with a clear view. No, no intent. Intent to win the ball when up against it, intent to make sure the opponent didn't get away and take one for the team. Yes, yellow maybe at worst for me.

Get all that BPV and actually there is a lot of sense on what you say and you where closer than me as I was in the Upper Findus just above the incident on seat 29.

Looking at the pic that Ash has posted it looks like that the players boot has made contact above Ash's knee. If you think about if a players boot makes contact at that part of an opponents leg then it appears it was a dangerous tackle with intent..........Sending off? Maybe maybe not but excusable under the guise of "professionalism" definitely not.  

So a dangerous challenge can go unpunished............? In this league when the ref was so far away from the play yes without a doubt. A fitter ref may have seen it closer and differently, who knows? Agree about watching it again and I will, also maybe the ref should and he may see it as red rather than a yellow.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
ginnywings
October 1, 2016, 10:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,142
Gold Stars: 548
Hurst thinks the ref had a good game and didn't seem overly concerned with the tackle on Chambers. My view is that with or without the injury, which some are right in pointing out shouldn't have a bearing on the punishment, it was a dangerously high tackle and i've seen reds given for less.

Hurst also said that Tombola was good until he 'blew up' and said he isn't fit enough for 90 minutes of football, which is a concern this far into the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
LH
October 1, 2016, 10:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,527
Gold Stars: 173
[tweet]782323854874214404[/tweet]

Not dangerous at all that.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2016, 10:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

Every picture tells a story...............

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
essexexile
October 1, 2016, 11:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +186
Straight red for me, played the man not the ball and we fell apart without Ash
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
Marinerz93
October 1, 2016, 11:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

This picture needs to be shoved in the ref's face and the lino sacking.

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
Hagrid
October 1, 2016, 11:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Its a bloody kung fu kick
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
Chrisblor
October 1, 2016, 11:35pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,845
Gold Stars: 235
urine weak referring. You slash an opponent's leg open and put them in hospital you should be off, completely regardless of intent or circumstances.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
davmariner
October 2, 2016, 12:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 79
Might sound a bit dramatic but a centimetre or two deeper and it probably catches his main artery and he risks bleeding to death. Injuries like that don't happen unless there's serious foul play involved and that's a straight red card.

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play".

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
gaz57
October 2, 2016, 12:21am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Is it possible to send this thread to the FA..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
BackHeelTony
October 2, 2016, 12:31am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Think some on here are being extremely harsh on their player.

He got beat to the ball and caught Chambers with his follow through.

I know it's our player, and we all feel sorry for him but you can't expect opposing teams not to compete against us.

It's a physical game these things happen

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
rancido
October 2, 2016, 11:22am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,570
Gold Stars: 96
The linesperson on that side of the pitch was very weak and didn't even flag for the offence against Chambers even though she was only a few yards from the incident. She very rarely flagged for the ball out of play until the ref had indicated as such and appeared to look in his direction before she gave any decision at all. Even though we are back in the League we are still witnessing a lot of very weak officials, certainly vastly inferior to that we see in Premier League games every week. I thought all officials worked to the same guidelines but my observations this season at BP seem to disprove this.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
KK_DOG
October 2, 2016, 12:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Having seen that photograph it alters my view. Should have been a straight red. Great photo though, photographer certainly was on the ball. Maybe he should take up refereeing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
Boglesbuttocks
October 2, 2016, 4:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -50
Nan went to hospital yesterday, she was waiting to be seen at the same time as ash- he was chatting to my mam "nice chap" apparantly. Hopefuly his on the mend quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
gytone
October 2, 2016, 4:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
That lineswoman should've stayed in the kitchen were she belonged  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
sydney
October 2, 2016, 5:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Red card all day
Jesus FA take a look at this and speak to ref or demote him and liner for missing this
Speedy recovery Ash
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
Nelly GTFC
October 6, 2016, 3:54pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,750
Gold Stars: 31
Wow abit of positive news,  I thought he would of been out for months.
Quoted from Grimsby Telegraph | Posted: 6th October 2016
Some good news for Ashley Chambers after his horrific-looking injury last weekend.

The winger is due to have the staples on his wound taken out next week, and he's looking at just a couple of weeks out of the side.
Info found in here >> [url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/exeter-city-v-grimsby-town-press-conference-pre-match-updates-from-cheapside/story-29783997-detail/story.html]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/exeter-city-v-grimsby-town-press-conference-pre-match-updates-from-cheapside/story-29783997-detail/story.html[/url]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
Civvy at last
October 6, 2016, 4:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,204
Gold Stars: 131
Ahh, the old 'Staples' trick.  I had to perform this once when involved in Jungle warfare in Sierra Leone.  My mate Dean 'X' (on secondment from the RAF Regiment) had his arm lopped off whilst tackling 60 vicious rebels armed with machetes.  I ended up stapling it back on using a stapler from WH Smiths that Dean had with him 'just in case'.

Top top bloke.  Despite his horrific injuries, just 24 hours later he was 'taking out' scuds in Iraq.  

Bravest guy I ever met  

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
chaos33
October 6, 2016, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Wow abit of positive news,  I thought he would of been out for months. Info found in here >> [url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/exeter-city-v-grimsby-town-press-conference-pre-match-updates-from-cheapside/story-29783997-detail/story.html]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/exeter-city-v-grimsby-town-press-conference-pre-match-updates-from-cheapside/story-29783997-detail/story.html[/url]

Indeed good news but he was never going to be out for months with a bad cut.
If there's no muscle damage, he just needs the flesh wound to heal - few weeks, regain a bit of lost fitness - back in contention by the time Guy Fawkes is doing his thing (if not sooner)I reckon. One thing though - he will need a pretty bl00dy big plaster.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
Marinerz93
October 6, 2016, 5:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last
Ahh, the old 'Staples' trick.  I had to perform this once when involved in Jungle warfare in Sierra Leone.  My mate Dean 'X' (on secondment from the RAF Regiment) had his arm lopped off whilst tackling 60 vicious rebels armed with machetes.  I ended up stapling it back on using a stapler from WH Smiths that Dean had with him 'just in case'.

Top top bloke.  Despite his horrific injuries, just 24 hours later he was 'taking out' scuds in Iraq.  

Bravest guy I ever met  

Deano mentioned he was patched up by a Sailor, codename Bubble Ship Matey but he said you were dressed like this...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/5NN6RFJ.jpg[/img]

Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
Civvy at last
October 7, 2016, 9:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Deano mentioned he was patched up by a Sailor, codename Bubble Ship Matey but he said you were dressed like this...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/5NN6RFJ.jpg[/img]

I would have absolutely no idea where to find a picture like that. In your case I guess you just clicked on 'favourites' !!

I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
cmackenzie4
October 7, 2016, 9:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Civvy at last

I would have absolutely no idea where to find a picture like that. In your case I guess you just clicked on 'favourites' !!

Or maybe his screen saver?  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
Civvy at last
October 7, 2016, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Or maybe his screen saver?  

Yeah, with a protective cover on the screen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

You know what these 'crabs' are like  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
KingstonMariner
October 7, 2016, 9:47am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The logo on the grey teeshirt (bloke on zebra crossing) does say "Mariner.." Maybe the rest is "z93"  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chambers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.