Marinerz93
October 1, 2016, 9:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75

There's a millisecond in it. It was in the middle right of the park, plenty of defenders in front of him. Their lad had to make the challenge, only he knows in his mind if he wanted to take Chambers out. If it was me, I'd have tried to win the ball, as soon as I'd stretched and lost out, I'd have made sure the lad didn't make me look a mug and gone through him, with the knowledge the ref would have know I'd played the ball, but in my head I'd have known I'd have taken the man as well. To be fair, he was so committed, he wouldn't have had much choice. Come on lads, most of us here have played the game at some crap level, it's the same at league 2 I'm sure!

You might have a point if the challenge was on the ground but it wasn't and if he did that to me he could have taken my old boy out  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
October 1, 2016, 9:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

You might have a point if the challenge was on the ground but it wasn't and if he did that to me he could have taken my old boy out  

Haha, I'd had six pints and can't remember to be honest! Will look at the footage if I can bear to after the shocking result.
Reply: 41 - 66
October 1, 2016, 9:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from MarinerWY

Blades are certainly allowed at Sunday league level. Although regarding checking of boots, I agree this is something that used to happen before every match only a few years ago, however I haven't had boots checked with one random exception for quite a few seasons now.

Fair one, it seems gloves and tights are as well. What next? Big flipping hats? It's all gone to excrement.
Reply: 42 - 66
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2016, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 75
Will both have to see the challenge again Herts, I've no problem with the tackle as above. Will look again when it's online and we'll maybe comment again. I don't condone any tackle where the perpretrator tries to genuinely injure a fellow professional like that shithead Parkin on Josh Gowling in the final, but I've no issue with someone doing his job when the odds are against him in a fast moving environment. Or even if he knows he's beaten (not in this case) and taking one for the team.

It comes down to was there intent to inflict that injury? For me, I was ten yards away with a clear view. No, no intent. Intent to win the ball when up against it, intent to make sure the opponent didn't get away and take one for the team. Yes, yellow maybe at worst for me.

Get all that BPV and actually there is a lot of sense on what you say and you where closer than me as I was in the Upper Findus just above the incident on seat 29.

Looking at the pic that Ash has posted it looks like that the players boot has made contact above Ash's knee. If you think about if a players boot makes contact at that part of an opponents leg then it appears it was a dangerous tackle with intent..........Sending off? Maybe maybe not but excusable under the guise of "professionalism" definitely not.  

So a dangerous challenge can go unpunished............? In this league when the ref was so far away from the play yes without a doubt. A fitter ref may have seen it closer and differently, who knows? Agree about watching it again and I will, also maybe the ref should and he may see it as red rather than a yellow.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
ginnywings
October 1, 2016, 10:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Hurst thinks the ref had a good game and didn't seem overly concerned with the tackle on Chambers. My view is that with or without the injury, which some are right in pointing out shouldn't have a bearing on the punishment, it was a dangerously high tackle and i've seen reds given for less.

Hurst also said that Tombola was good until he 'blew up' and said he isn't fit enough for 90 minutes of football, which is a concern this far into the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
LH
October 1, 2016, 10:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
[tweet]782323854874214404[/tweet]

Not dangerous at all that.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2016, 10:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from LH

Every picture tells a story...............

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
essexexile
October 1, 2016, 11:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Straight red for me, played the man not the ball and we fell apart without Ash
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
Marinerz93
October 1, 2016, 11:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from LH

This picture needs to be shoved in the ref's face and the lino sacking.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
Hagrid
October 1, 2016, 11:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,433
Gold Stars: 536
Its a bloody kung fu kick
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chambers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.