This thread currently has 10,581 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikey
September 17, 2016, 8:41pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -237
The amount of people that left today after their second goal went in is disgraceful.
Fair enough leave two minutes early to beat the traffic but 5 minutes+ injury time?

The team had just gone 2-0 down and need motivation, the fans could provide this by GETTING BEHIND THE PLAYERS in their time of need and helping them pull the game back. How the f*ck do you think a player feels when he sees hundreds upon thousands of people leaving at this time?

I'd much rather the plastic tw@s who think it is okay to leave early stay completely away rather than affect the team in this negative manner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Green27
September 17, 2016, 8:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Mikey
The amount of people that left today after their second goal went in is disgraceful.
Fair enough leave two minutes early to beat the traffic but 5 minutes+ injury time?

The team had just gone 2-0 down and need motivation, the fans could provide this by GETTING BEHIND THE PLAYERS in their time of need and helping them pull the game back. How the f*ck do you think a player feels when he sees hundreds upon thousands of people leaving at this time?

I'd much rather the plastic tw@s who think it is okay to leave early stay completely away rather than affect the team in this negative manner.

U ok hun?

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
Marinerz93
September 17, 2016, 8:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
People leave in numbers when they think there is no point staying any longer, we were losing and rarely tested their keeper when they scored the 2nd. I don't leave early but I can see why others do so it's up to the players to make sure bums stay on seats.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 71
gobby
September 17, 2016, 8:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
I left early today! Half time in fact. Bloody gutted that I had to be at work for 1630.  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
MarinerWY
September 17, 2016, 9:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
I must admit I'm not a fan of leaving early. Perhaps if there's no effort going in but if town have put in a shift then whatever the result I'll still be there to clap them off at the end.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
Kris2
September 17, 2016, 9:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Well some people are driving or they want to get out the ground before the crowds pile up when there doesn't seem much to stay for. Some also probably want to avoid the final whistle and being a loser nobody likes the feeling of losing. I don't personally leave early by choice except in very rare cases, apart from being a kid and having to leave because my Dad wanted to the last game I walked out of was actually against Crewe when we had Tommy Forecast in goal and put in one of the worst performances I've ever had the misfortune of paying to see I left after their fourth goal went in.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 71
MarinerRob
September 17, 2016, 9:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
I always have to leave early most games as I have to walk to Cleethorpes station for the 5.26 train. Even then it's gone 10.00 before I get home in Surrey. That's why it's a nuisance when someone gets injured and delays the game. But I do feel for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
LH
September 17, 2016, 9:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,515
Gold Stars: 173
Paid to get in to see 90 minutes - therefore I'll watch 90 minutes. I'm the stingy sort though.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
Grimal
September 17, 2016, 9:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MarinerRob
I always have to leave early most games as I have to walk to Cleethorpes station for the 5.26 train. Even then it's gone 10.00 before I get home in Surrey. That's why it's a nuisance when someone gets injured and delays the game. But I do feel for them.

Rob, if it helps you I live 100yds from Grimsby Town station and drive to BP every game, if you want I will give you a lift to Town station.  Even in heavy traffic I usually get home by 5.15pm.That would save you having to rush off for the 5.26 out of Cleethorpes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
dapperz fun pub
September 17, 2016, 9:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Rob comes from the south to watch us great effort in its self , puts me to shame if I'm honest and then grimal offers a bit of help ... We are a great club regardless of today's result with fans like these
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leaving Early

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.