8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikey
September 18, 2016, 2:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -237
Quoted from Davec
Hagrid I stand in the corner so I can quickly make a quick get away to my car to try and avoid being hemmed in and then stuck in traffic, I don't leave early, I don't stand in front of people, I simply stand in the corner then leave when the whistle blows, if we have won I stop to applaud the players, even when applauding the players I still get home like 15 mins earlier than if I stay in my seat

Aaron we all know you don't drive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 71
barralad
September 18, 2016, 4:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
There was a bit of booing from behind me at half time but to be honest I thought that was aimed at the ref. No booing at all from the right hand side of the Pontoon goal at full time as far as I could hear.

If we can have a six page thread on the merits/demerits of leaving early then I reckon things in general are pretty much OK (which of course they are)

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 71
willows fc
September 18, 2016, 5:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +12
a few did leave as the second goal went in an am sure a lot of them was in the que to get one of the remaining tickets for Mansfield away on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 71
KingstonMariner
September 18, 2016, 5:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It intrigues me this 'beat the traffic' thing. Having spent most my adult life in the London suburbs being worried about traffic in north Cleethorpes would never cross my mind - I'd be a happy man if I faced bad traffic once a fortnight  . To be the traffic round here you'd have to leave the game around 6:30 AM.

Frustration with a performance, I get. Although the last time I left BP early was in the mid-80s. What a callow, spoiled youth I was - it was a bad performance against Sheff U in the Second Division.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 71
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 18, 2016, 5:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It intrigues me this 'beat the traffic' thing. Having spent most my adult life in the London suburbs being worried about traffic in north Cleethorpes would never cross my mind - I'd be a happy man if I faced bad traffic once a fortnight  . To be the traffic round here you'd have to leave the game around 6:30 AM.

Frustration with a performance, I get. Although the last time I left BP early was in the mid-80s. What a callow, spoiled youth I was - it was a bad performance against Sheff U in the Second Division.

As a lad in the late 50s I used to go and stand at the Cons Ave entrance for the last 5 minutes (along with a lot of others) ready to make a run for the bus stop at the whistle and get a seat on the football special to Riby Square.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 71
golfer
September 18, 2016, 6:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115

As a lad in the late 50s I used to go and stand at the Cons Ave entrance for the last 5 minutes (along with a lot of others) ready to make a run for the bus stop at the whistle and get a seat on the football special to Riby Square.

I remember you well young un, I was the bus conductor and it was my last job before I retired.You used to wait until we pulled out and then swing on round that pole. It was a wonder you didn't hurt yourself you cheeky little sod.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 71
promotion plaice
September 18, 2016, 9:30pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from golfer

I remember you well young un, I was the bus conductor and it was my last job before I retired.You used to wait until we pulled out and then swing on round that pole. It was a wonder you didn't hurt yourself you cheeky little sod.

I can see it now          

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESHWi8FI9z4

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 71
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 18, 2016, 9:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

I can see it now          

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESHWi8FI9z4

She was never on the bus when I was, I would have noticed ..... I think.

I remember Golfer though, he always had the strap too low on his ticket machine and kept punching his willy with a ticket to the Bathing Pool.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 71
KingstonMariner
September 19, 2016, 12:11am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

She was never on the bus when I was, I would have noticed ..... I think.

I remember Golfer though, he always had the strap too low on his ticket machine and kept punching his willy with a ticket to the Bathing Pool.

Did it get longer every time he cranked the handle?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 71
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 19, 2016, 8:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Did it get longer every time he cranked the handle?

Only if you asked for a fourpenny one.

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leaving Early

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.