diehardmariner
September 19, 2016, 9:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,424
Gold Stars: 532
Personal choice isn't it?

Leaving early isn't for me but people are free to do as they wish.  Those suggesting otherwise might do well to remove their head from their own arses.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 71
Garth
September 19, 2016, 10:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Its a mass way of showing disappointment I suppose, people pay their money and do as they wish regarding staying or leaving, long may it remain so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 71
WittyScreenname
September 19, 2016, 7:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +26
I left early to jump on a bus and not get stuck in traffic so i could have a nap before my night shift.

Was still knackered though so probably should've stayed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 71
MarinerWY
September 19, 2016, 8:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,983
Gold Stars: 47
the only game I've ever left early was Halifax away when we lost 4-0. that was mostly because I had some non-town supporting friends with me and couldnt force them to watch any more of that dross rather than get to the pub quicker. left with 5mins to go.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 71
chaos33
September 19, 2016, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
You idiot....we smashed in 5 goals in the last 5 minutes and won 5-4 at the death.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 71
GrimRob
September 19, 2016, 11:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
If you don't like it.....

Seriously if you want to get away early get yourself a seat near the exit

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 65 - 71
GYinScuntland
September 19, 2016, 11:56pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Mikey
The amount of people that left today after their second goal went in is disgraceful.
Fair enough leave two minutes early to beat the traffic but 5 minutes+ injury time?

The team had just gone 2-0 down and need motivation, the fans could provide this by GETTING BEHIND THE PLAYERS in their time of need and helping them pull the game back. How the f*ck do you think a player feels when he sees hundreds upon thousands of people leaving at this time?

I'd much rather the plastic tw@s who think it is okay to leave early stay completely away rather than affect the team in this negative manner.

In my humble opinion one of the most cuntish posts I have read. Who the intercourse do you think you are?
Plastic twits? Really? At Blundell Park?
Hundreds upon thousands leaving eh?
And if these hundreds upon thousands choose to leave a few minutes early what the hell has it to do with you matey?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 71
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 20, 2016, 9:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob
If you don't like it.....

Seriously if you want to get away early get yourself a seat near the exit

OK if you're anxious for some personal reason Rob like catching a bus or you can't walk well in a crowd or whatever.

But for most people it would have to be -

"Lower Smiths please. Make it at the end of the row ..... I know it's going to be a really crap game today so I want to leave early ."

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 71
monkeyboy
September 20, 2016, 11:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
If a movie was crap do you always watch it to the end?????? No probably not!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 71
GrimRob
September 20, 2016, 12:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113

OK if you're anxious for some personal reason Rob like catching a bus or you can't walk well in a crowd or whatever.

But for most people it would have to be -

"Lower Smiths please. Make it at the end of the row ..... I know it's going to be a really crap game today so I want to leave early ."

I didn't mean that. If you have a seat near the exit you can leave on FT and get outside quickly. If you have a seat near the top of the stand it can take a long time to make your way down to the exit (unless you are young and sprightly and can vault over seats). Hence the need to leave early.

I actually think the problem at BP is minor compared to big stadia. At Wembley when I have been to England games people start streaming out on 80 mins whatever the score. I have not been to many Prem games but I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar there.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 69 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leaving Early

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.