6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
July 24, 2016, 7:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Another pre season match that we hear not overly worried about the result , i might agree but this new formation paul has gone with which we haven't in the slightest picked up yet has me more concerned.

We look totally clueless with it and yes its pre season but its not the beginning we are 2 weeks out until the start of the season.

We got to get our act together and sharpish and before i get accused of having a go im not what im saying is we dont look ready as a team going into the football league regardless of pre season or not.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
July 24, 2016, 7:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,392
Gold Stars: 534
I do agree johnny, i thought yesterday the system just did not work, but with only 2 strikers i guess whats the alternative, unless he goes 3 up top with 2 wingers as forwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 55
Tangerine Chris
July 24, 2016, 7:55am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Its Hursty, they dont call him Mr Tinkerman for nothing.  Once we went to 442, I saw the improvement in the players.  Once we get a goalscorer, we should do better

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 55
zorro_is_a_Mariner
July 24, 2016, 8:02am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
What i would say is weve lost our identity a bit, with all the changes and that it has distrupted us and it will take tine to gel. We need a big strong target man in my opinion that can hold the ball up well and bring others into play. We will click eventually i wouldnt play just one striker up front though leaves them too isolated.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 55
BackHeelTony
July 24, 2016, 8:05am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Surely after 6 Years in none league it's now time to enjoy a season.

We no longer need to get 90 points. 50 will keep us up and 75 will get us in the play offs.

I really hope the fans are patient with this team, it may take time but there's no pressure to be at the top.

Instead of worrying about performances in July, let's just enjoy the ride and support our team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 55
The Singing Fisherman
July 24, 2016, 8:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
It is only pre-season. 13 new players. Enough said. WE WILL BE FINE. DONT PANIC!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 55
LH
July 24, 2016, 8:15am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,505
Gold Stars: 173
Hear hear Tony. We all want Town to do well and win every game but the pressure is off now.  Pre-season is the time to experiment but he priority is fitness. The challenge we had yesterday was tough but we will gain a lot from it.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 55
The Singing Fisherman
July 24, 2016, 8:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Exactly! I would rather he experiment now and get it wrong then in the season. We will learn more than this pre-season than one if we won all the games! get the losses out the way now  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 55
crusty ole pie
July 24, 2016, 8:28am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Yes I will say it only pre season against a very well organised team from a league above us some of their players have played together for years we are new team, time is needed confidence needs to be built but I think I saw enough yesterday to be optimistic that we will hold our own
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 55
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 24, 2016, 8:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
We have learned one thing already - we will struggle to score goals unless another Amond or Connell appears pretty soon.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 55
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › some will say its only pre season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.