4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
July 23, 2016, 6:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Thought we played OK, its just that they were better and looked more of a team against our individuals, two mistakes cost us the game, although the score was not that important.

We have to face the fact that this season will bring more upsets and disappointments than last season, the quality is better and it shows, they were a lot stronger in the tackle to win the ball back than we were, some good points though Pearson had a strong game as did the new lad and Omar looked a threat without troubling their keeper, Summerfield`s goal was well taken and was probably the goal of the match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
Madeleymariner
July 23, 2016, 6:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
Just watched the goals on youtube, shocking defending-wheres the midfielder that should be protecting the back four (a term I am using quite loosely).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
jimgtfc
July 23, 2016, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Sigone
Maybe i should clarify my commitment comment seen as though i didn't do a very good job of it before , dont have a problem with us today when we didn't have the ball they all worked hard.  But when we got the ball no forward movement, no desire to give the guy an angle to pass.  I agree sheff u were very good and seemed to me like they had an extra man.  Still its only pre-season, and i really didn't expect us to really function fully as a unit till 10-15 games in.

Agree with the lack of movement, don't think Berret is a natural wide player and doesn't offer the width and pace you'd get from a Bolarinwa or a Browne. Not Berretts fault though who I actually like and for me would play in a midfield 3 with Vose dropping out.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
Mrbump53
July 23, 2016, 7:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Their second goal was the luck of the bounce just happened to go straight to their player at the right height after being blocked. We were outplayed mostly but it still is pre season and that they are a league above. Early days to start with the negativity! The guy behind the goal who verbally laid into McKeown was bang out of order and fully deserved the response he got back!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
Garth
July 23, 2016, 7:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Mrbump53
Their second goal was the luck of the bounce just happened to go straight to their player at the right height after being blocked. We were outplayed mostly but it still is pre season and that they are a league above. Early days to start with the negativity! The guy behind the goal who verbally laid into McKeown was bang out of order and fully deserved the response he got back!

Agree its only a friendly FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
immariner
July 23, 2016, 8:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Garth
[/b]

Agree its only a friendly FFS

The meaningfulness of the game is irrelevant, it shouldn't happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
golfer
July 23, 2016, 8:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
I seem to remember us outplaying Shrewsbury home and away. If our team is better after all the "kick bottom out " surely we are going to urine this league [ not ]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
Mendonca1995
July 23, 2016, 8:43pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
I don't know what sort of formation we are looking for at present but it was plain to see when we went with two strikers second half it did start to work but today showed we are crying out for a target man as we never held the ball up or won a header up top all game some good things to come out of the game Andrews getting better and better but some shockers too gowling for one who I do rate had a bit of a nightmare and I'm yet to see anything from chambers I'm not quite sure what he offers us,in the write up when he signed it mentioned bags of pace skill and direct play I haven't seen him go on one run or take a man on yet in the games I've seen him ??? Hope it's just early days for him and he does improve,all in all good test for us though and the difference in class showed in the end with billy sharp he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile UTM

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
Grim74
July 23, 2016, 9:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
I hope this isn't the start of things to come this 433 obsession of Hurst just doesn't work for him let it go FFS

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
Grimbiggs
July 23, 2016, 9:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
I was sat in front of promotion plaice, and we both agreed we lack a strong target men, together with the central midfield, which just comprised of two younger versions of Disley, terriers that just run all day..we are going to need far more creativity, width (wingers), pace at the back, together with somebody with the ability of Billy Sharp, if we are going to compete for promotion....i know it's early days, but either Sheffield Utd are very good ( could of been double figures,with a couple of strong penalty appeals) and are going to be pushing for promotion, or we are very bad... anyway be postive, it was only a friendly, keep believing, things can only get better...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.