mariner91
May 28, 2016, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from horsforthmariner

Thats because they inexplicably played Amond on the wing. Morcambe's board is hilarious on Amond. It's starts off with "it's nice to see Podge getting some goals" but as the season goes on it becomes more and more a source of  recriminations and anger.

Absolutely! Comes back to what I was saying to Rick, just because a player has been released from somewhere doesn't make them a bad player. Podge is a perfect example, not good enough for Morecambe but because they played him as a sub and out of position. As soon as he starts playing in his preferred position he shows how good he is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 84
Rick12
May 28, 2016, 3:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

Absolutely! Comes back to what I was saying to Rick, just because a player has been released from somewhere doesn't make them a bad player. Podge is a perfect example, not good enough for Morecambe but because they played him as a sub and out of position. As soon as he starts playing in his preferred position he shows how good he is.
Whilst I agree there are bad management  decisions especially in the case of this one with Amond Iam still surprised though that Amond didnt show enough whilst he was playing as a striker(assumed he must of played there on occasion)  to impress and nail down a position there considering the success he has had here.

By and large though if a player has been released from a lower level club in the leagues I would still be concerned. Hence being released from Accrington Stanley is slightly different to being released from Sheffield Wednesday for example.But I accept at the lower level not so much at the top in this country where the money is eg champ and  prem there are a lot of players with not that much to choose  between them and things like mentality/Injurys whether a manager likes you or not  all come to the fore.Just shows what a tough environment it is to play in particularly at lower league level

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 84
mariner91
May 28, 2016, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

By and large though if a player has been released from a lower level club in the leagues I would still be concerned.  

Tait, Arnold, Nolan, Clay, Amond, Pittman, McKeown, Disley, Toto, Robertson, Monkhouse have all been released from clubs at L1 level or below but all performed well enough to collectively get us promoted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 84
Rick12
May 28, 2016, 3:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Tait, Arnold, Nolan, Clay, Amond, Pittman, McKeown, Disley, Toto, Robertson, Monkhouse have all been released from clubs at L1 level or below but all performed well enough to collectively get us promoted.
But we were in non league then

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 84
Cayman_mariner
May 28, 2016, 3:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
Is a ginger wig day in order first away game ?

I reckon 2nd game Moosey.  What about GTFC Zombies ala Town coming back from the Dead(Non League) for the first game - especially if the outfits are modelled on Alan Partridges efforts

[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/rgy2Opes2LGOk/giphy.gif[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 84
Brazilnut
May 28, 2016, 3:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
just been watching play vids on you tube.....like you do lol..........havent come across one yet that shows disley being interviewed in center circle and starts "the" song by screaming into mic........anyone got that footage

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 84
Garth
May 28, 2016, 4:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Rick12
Whilst I agree there are bad management  decisions especially in the case of this one with Amond Iam still surprised though that Amond didnt show enough whilst he was playing as a striker(assumed he must of played there on occasion)  to impress and nail down a position there considering the success he has had here.

By and large though if a player has been released from a lower level club in the leagues I would still be concerned. Hence being released from Accrington Stanley is slightly different to being released from Sheffield Wednesday for example.But I accept at the lower level not so much at the top in this country where the money is eg champ and  prem there are a lot of players with not that much to choose  between them and things like mentality/Injurys whether a manager likes you or not  all come to the fore.Just shows what a tough environment it is to play in particularly at lower league level

Strikers are only as good as the service they receive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 84
mariner91
May 28, 2016, 4:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
But we were in non league then

We're going in to L2, not La Liga.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 84
Rick12
May 28, 2016, 4:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

We're going in to L2, not La Liga.
Yes but you can always aim as high as you can and aim to do the best you can with the resources you have.Eg maximise your potential be it at whatever level of the game for players and management.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 84
Swansea_Mariner
May 28, 2016, 5:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Nolan was released by Lincoln but will be playing next season in league 1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Disley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.