Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › And you can Stick the FA Trophy up your bottom
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 136 Guests

And you can Stick the FA Trophy up your bottom

This thread currently has 8,314 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 6, 2016, 8:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Despite living in the London area*, unless we win on 15th I don't think I'll have the heart to turn up on 22nd. I've had enough of this under-achievement. The more people who go in those circumstances the more the board will be encouraged to persist with a failed strategy.

* I could totally understand someone not wanting to travel 160 miles to do it.

Not so long ago I would have made alternative arrangements for the family commitment I have on Sunday, and got myself a ticket by hook or by crook. I can't do it any more.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2016, 9:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,986
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 75
I'm not going to this tin pot final, I'm also genuinely on the verge of walking away from the club. Any club that allows it's 36 goal strikers contract to expire isn't right in the head. One of many reasons, after 32 years I've had enough.

That said, I'll be there on Sunday, I'll be behind the players and the manager until Braintree are through. Then I will turn on the illegitimates! Go on Paul, shove my words down my throat.

You make an interesting point BPV I just wonder if the apathy on the pitch may be down to certain players being p1ssed off with not having their immediate futures secured until after the Trophy final.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
IlkleyMariner
May 6, 2016, 9:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Think it's pretty clear
Win on Sunday or close the club
We can all get on with our lives then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
May 6, 2016, 9:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You make an interesting point BPV I just wonder if the apathy on the pitch may be down to certain players being p1ssed off with not having their immediate futures secured until after the Trophy final.

You'd be worried about going into 50/50's when you're a leg break away from losing your house.

The policy of not rewarding excellence bit us on the bottom last season when we lost our player of the year for free. It's shortsightedness at best and sums up our club. When Hurst has gone, we need to get the manager right. Cheltenham's manager won them the league, we finished 21 POINTS behind a squad no better than ours IMO. If I'm not happy with the managerial appointment then don't bother sending me the renewal pack.
Reply: 33 - 50
IlkleyMariner
May 6, 2016, 9:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Agreed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2016, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,986
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 75

You'd be worried about going into 50/50's when you're a leg break away from losing your house.

The policy of not rewarding excellence bit us on the bottom last season when we lost our player of the year for free. It's short shortsightedness at best and sums up our club. When Hurst has gone, we need to get the manager right. Cheltenham's manager won them the league, we finished 21 POINTS behind a squad no better than ours IMO. If I'm not happy with the managerial appointment then don't bother sending me the renewal pack.

I am not sure I know another supposedly ambitious club who will lose their player of the year tow seasons but it looks highly likely we will do exactly that.

PH says that awarding deals mid season p1sses other players off but its part of the game at every professional level, we could have saved cash on the Straker, Jennings and Stewarts and spent it towards a deal for Podge. It might not have covered the whole of it but it would have been a start.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
KingstonMariner
May 6, 2016, 10:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I always thought the policy of waiting until we know what division we're in before offering new contracts was the board's. Not Hursty's fault.

That being the case, my advice to the board for next season is, if the manager is Paul Hurst you can safely offer contracts for the next two seasons.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
Rik e B
May 7, 2016, 12:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I've always said it and we've been relatively lucky with regards to player loyalty but that not the norm. Still our best players get cherry picked and massive uncertainty every single year.

Because of a job balls ups in past (Makofo three year deal etc) we don't dare do it anymore.

Write in clauses to trigger pay increases if go up for God's sake. Or 30 gsmes triggers a year extension or whatever, sure there's plenty of fair ways to sort the wheat from the chaff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
jonnyboy82
May 7, 2016, 5:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Its a win win for me.

Win on sunday win at wembley = win all round , we are promoted.

Lose on sunday  = win all round, paul hurst will no longer be Grimsby town manager and the club gets a fresh approach.

Surely .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
May 7, 2016, 8:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Its a win win for me.

Win on sunday win at wembley = win all round , we are promoted.

Lose on sunday  = win all round, paul hurst will no longer be Grimsby town manager and the club gets a fresh approach.

Surely .

Not really. We will still have the same regime running the show if we lose on Sunday and that is where the real problems lie. Our only hope is success on the pitch so let us hope we can turn it around tomorrow.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › And you can Stick the FA Trophy up your bottom

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.