Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › And you can Stick the FA Trophy up your bottom
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 164 Guests

And you can Stick the FA Trophy up your bottom

This thread currently has 8,311 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Tangerine Chris
May 6, 2016, 12:50pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Quoted from barralad

No-one outside of the club can know what targets P.H. has been set but it cannot be any more than promotion. There would be absolutely no justfication for sacking a manager who had just got us back in the league. The Trophy in that respect IS irrelevant....

JF has said a few times, the minimum he expects is play offs.  Hurst has managed that for the past 4 years, so his job is safe.  AT NO TIME has JF mentioned getting promoted.

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
MuddyWaters
May 6, 2016, 12:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

No-one outside of the club can know what targets P.H. has been set but it cannot be any more than promotion. There would be absolutely no justfication for sacking a manager who had just got us back in the league. The Trophy in that respect IS irrelevant....

It's the cumulative effect of signing players who were only deemed good enough to play/bench-warm in the Trophy but not good enough to get in the first team.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
IlkleyMariner
May 6, 2016, 1:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
In business, life and footy, there comes a time when you have to ask whether a manager is capable of moving the situation forward, irrespective of what has been achieved in the past.

PH is not capable of moving it forward.

Even if he gets us promoted, he should not be rewarded for that. The question is when not if to part ways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Paris Mariner
May 6, 2016, 1:09pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
In business, life and footy, there comes a time when you have to ask whether a manager is capable of moving the situation forward, irrespective of what has been achieved in the past.

PH is not capable of moving it forward.

Even if he gets us promoted, he should not be rewarded for that. The question is when not if to part ways.

But getting us promoted is moving us forward.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 50
IlkleyMariner
May 6, 2016, 1:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Not if we immediately get relegated or stagnate for another 6 years.

That would happen under PH

Get a good manager like Coleman from Accrington, Still from Dagenham or Johnson from Cheltenham.

I am sick of failure
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
HertsGTFC
May 6, 2016, 1:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Not if we immediately get relegated or stagnate for another 6 years.

That would happen under PH

Get a good manager like Coleman from Accrington, Still from Dagenham or Johnson from Cheltenham.

I am sick of failure

Not a big fan but surely Ronnie Moore would inject a bit of much needed energy into the club.

Though I did not like their tact tics Cheltenham impressed me at their place in that it looked like Johnson had used his experience to start building for league 2 before they had actually won the National League by building a fit, strong, bullying physical side that won't get bossed around next season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
nightrider
May 6, 2016, 2:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Stranger things have happened but I cant see how he'll have a job by Monday morning if we lose. What would be the point?
Unless he's staying on for next season of course. That doesn't bare thinking about

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
arryarryarry
May 6, 2016, 6:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Tangerine Chris

JF has said a few times, the minimum he expects is play offs.  Hurst has managed that for the past 4 years, so his job is safe.  AT NO TIME has JF mentioned getting promoted.

And you believe everything that JF says?

What he should be saying to PH is failure on Sunday means the sack.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Davec
May 6, 2016, 8:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I'll be at the trophy final, only because I've promised somebody already and I don't let people down, but I won't be happy even if we win, promotion is priority and winning the trophy will not make up for not gaining promotion, therefore it shouldn't save Hursts job
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
May 6, 2016, 8:12pm
Guest User
I'm not going to this tin pot final, I'm also genuinely on the verge of walking away from the club. Any club that allows it's 36 goal strikers contract to expire isn't right in the head. One of many reasons, after 32 years I've had enough.

That said, I'll be there on Sunday, I'll be behind the players and the manager until Braintree are through. Then I will turn on the illegitimates! Go on Paul, shove my words down my throat.
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › And you can Stick the FA Trophy up your bottom

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.