Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hint of handball....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 65 Guests

Hint of handball....

This thread currently has 3,716 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
timmo
November 23, 2011, 10:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
Law stats deliberate, we get told as part of the term deliberate to also include controlling it. Its what the referee deems as deliberate. As Gobby stated those things are what we are traught to look at, in the ponny at the time my 1st thought was handball because his used his arm/hand to gain an advantage, 'intentionally' or not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
upthestripes
November 23, 2011, 10:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from timmo
Law stats deliberate, we get told as part of the term deliberate to also include controlling it. Its what the referee deems as deliberate. As Gobby stated those things are what we are traught to look at, in the ponny at the time my 1st thought was handball because his used his arm/hand to gain an advantage, 'intentionally' or not

So if a defender had done what Serge did (though obviously booting the ball away from goal instead of in it*) for you it'd be a definite peno?

* Unless you're Rob Scott

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
timmo
November 23, 2011, 11:52pm
Beer Drinker
yeah, the player gained an advantage. Doesnt matter where an offence is committed if its an offence it should be punished. I thought it was a crazy decision, by the assistant, but hey whos complaining its about time we had a little bit of luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
Maringer
November 23, 2011, 11:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from timmo

Trust me on this 1. If you control the ball with your hand its an offence.

Intent? There is no such word in the Laws of the Game. Youve got that from the pundits on MOTD

Believe me, MoTD has nothing to do with my viewpoint - most of the pundits on there don't seem to have a clue about the rules, despite decades playing the game.

If you do something deliberately, you have an intent to do it. If it is not deliberate there is no intent. In the context of my previous post they mean the same thing.

If the ball hits your hand and you didn't intend it to i.e. you didn't let the ball hit you deliberately or deliberately touch the ball, it doesn't matter if it lands straight at your feet or bounces up into row Z, it shouldn't be penalised.

Gobby quotes the particular law of the game in his post above so I'm not quite sure how you can read that and believe that controlling the ball accidentally with your hand somehow becomes an offence?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
bobbyturtle
November 24, 2011, 12:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
just seen the look north's view.
great goal and celebration

utfm  

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
LH
November 24, 2011, 12:16am

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,609
Gold Stars: 177
Personally, I don't think there's any doubt that there's deliberate control from Serge. Who cares? Round Two, bit of prize money and a bit of excitement and magic in an otherwise dull season. Long may the luck continue.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
timmo
November 24, 2011, 12:21am
Beer Drinker
Ok i see what you mean now regarding intent. Intent gets thrown around too much such as when people say 'aww ref come on he didnt intend to' etc no but he did.

We get told if your arms are in an 'un natural' postion aka not the normal walking position, if there is no chance of the player pulling his arm away.

In our situation the balls stuck his hand then fell at his feet for him to then put it in the back of the net, if thats not gaining an advantage then i dont know what is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
Maringer
November 24, 2011, 10:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
I think the thing is that referees tend give a handball when the ball clearly hits the hand or arm whether or not it was deliberate. However, whether or not this is given usually depends where on the pitch the incident takes place and by which side.

For instance, few referees would have awarded a penalty if the ball had bounced up onto the arm of the defender in that manner but most would have awarded a free-kick when the ball hits an attacker in the same way. On the other hand, if the incident had been in the middle of the pitch, referees would give the free-kick most of the time!

The fact that the ref applied the rules correctly on this occasion is unusual, but I'm not complaining!

I've now seen the brief replay on Look North and still think it was accidental - I don't think Serge is clever enough to control it like that deliberately.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
ticker_1610
November 24, 2011, 1:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
You must be the only one then, even the tv replays showed it from different angles and used the basketball analogy!! Glad I pay no interest to your opinions on matches! Hand at shoulder level not a natural position and blatant downward movement to control the ball. But eh oh as previously said Goal counted so no handball! Spec savers next stop for you I suggest, then the upcoming refs course n learn the application of the laws of the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
Maringer
November 24, 2011, 2:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Oooh, get her!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hint of handball....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.