Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › elding..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 108 Guests

elding..

This thread currently has 4,779 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
October 31, 2011, 8:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Can't understand why eldings agent told him to turn down a 2 year contract ? Oh yeah they weren't paying any of their players and were staring bankruptcy in the face . Silly me .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
moosey_club
October 31, 2011, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 1mickylyons
In my opinion the 3 Town strikers are the best weve had for ages.Last season we just had Connell and before that Conlon and the hardworking but goal shy Akpro and you would probably have to go back to Sladehead and Jones/Reddy/Parky to find 3 strikers who could all find the net?

Lol. By find the net i take it you mean it literally as opposed to actually putting the ball in it every now and then.
As much as i like Parky and appreciated his constant efforts he had a pretty poor record in front of goal.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
AndyGTFC
October 31, 2011, 9:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
You need players like Elding, he knows where the net is and I wouldn't want him to leave already but you can't argue against Hearn and Duffy being our front two. They're the two that work best together.

Like others, I do find it strange that someone would tell you all of this though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
DubaiMariner
November 1, 2011, 7:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -1
saw him at the ground today with a bloke in a very smart suit i said hello anthony, he reply yes very good thank you and shook my hand nice man..he then give a hand shake to the man in the suit and off he went....so i spoke to the bloke witch happened to be his agent..he said hes had a few phone calls for anthony from league 2 an blue square teams regarding his availability, as anthony isnt happy at sitting on the bench and being the back up. fair point. obviously wants to play football. he then said anthony was in league 1 last season had this year left on his contract but decided he wanted to try and play most weeks an that anthony was desperate to join town, but on the other hand is disapointed that he turned a 2 year contract down at plymouth to be sat on the bench in blue squre...his agent was a good guy we had a chat for about 20-25 mins..

maybe he could be on his way in jan? hope not as im a fan of elding and think he as done all he can in the time hes been on the pitch i think given reg football he would get us 20+ this season..

Not sure about this Elding guy. Say hello to him and he says he's great and shakes your hand?! A hello back would probably suffice for me.

I'm a big fan of Elding, when i'm not booing him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
oldun
November 1, 2011, 7:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
He has a shiny red car too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
ticker_1610
November 1, 2011, 8:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
I don't think Duffy is very good, average at best in his role of target man. I wouldn't complain seeing him leave n being replaced. Elding is a clever player but needs the ball into his feet or the gaps between defenders, I would much prefare us to play the ball into feet but lately it's been aimed at Duffy. Perhaps both are going to be replaced in the summer!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
the Grimbarian
November 1, 2011, 9:12am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
To be honest this reaction was on the cards especially when the muppets weve got in charge change a winning side (after beating Alfreton) I cant understand why we persist with Duffy when everyone else around him are scoring.
This just proves how naive we are at this level when it would have served us better getting a manager that either managed at this level or even above but that common sense but at GTFC we never use that

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
gobby
November 1, 2011, 9:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from the Grimbarian
To be honest this reaction was on the cards especially when the muppets weve got in charge change a winning side (after beating Alfreton) I cant understand why we persist with Duffy when everyone else around him are scoring.
This just proves how naive we are at this level when it would have served us better getting a manager that either managed at this level or even above but that common sense but at GTFC we never use that

Your right about Duffy not scoring but has anyone got an assists list? I would like to bet that Duffy is top.  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
forza ivano
November 1, 2011, 11:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
i'm still trying to fathom why we signed (or wasted so much money!) on elding. i can only think that he is a very expensive insuirance policy in case hearn din't work out/didn't score/got injured/ got jailed( ) it seems blindingly obvious that hearn and elding doesn't work so it has to be either duffy or spencer paired with either elding or hearn. furthermore as someone else pointed out elding looks like the sort of player who needs a ball to feet and we really aren't good enought o do that
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
80sglory
November 1, 2011, 12:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from ticker_1610
I don't think Duffy is very good, average at best in his role of target man. I wouldn't complain seeing him leave n being replaced.

I doubt you'll find a great deal better in this league.
Can't you see he's provided a lot of assists + chipped in with a few goals too ?
He's a better player than he was last year(due to a full pre-season) and has a touch of quality.
Take him out the team I think you'll find we end up creating a lot less chances (like vs Luton)
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › elding..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.