5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TWAreaTownSupporter
October 17, 2011, 10:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from davmariner

Why would anyone volunteer to do that?! From 1.30 - 3.30 and you'd miss the first half of the match.

That's how most clubs do it. Not wanting to take money off people mind.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
upthestripes
October 17, 2011, 10:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7

That's how most clubs do it. Not wanting to take money off people mind.

I bet quite a few people would do it for a free ticket. Not as though the club won't have any spare seats to give away.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
nelly_gtfc
October 18, 2011, 3:05am
Guest User
How many administration staff is there? either get rid of them or tell them everyones getting put on mininum wage - Fiona Fenty as well, she can get tax credits to top up her wage if shes on alot, maybe she isn't.

Why don't they employ a few people on modern apprenticeships? £2.60 an hour, a good way for 16 year old school leavers to gain a qualification and work experience?

Times are hard, if we want this club to save money then sacrifices have to be given right in the heart of it.

Get local schools more involved with youth team setups, so we can scout around for potential talent? Does Grimsby Town even do this?

York City signed Adriano Moké from [url=http://www.glennhoddleacademy.com/]http://www.glennhoddleacademy.com/[/url] loads of potential recruits from there.
Reply: 22 - 40
AdamHaddock
October 18, 2011, 11:34am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,834
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Pontoon Steve

Might aswell move to Bradley.

I don't know if you're taking the mick but I'm serious about the above. The financial consequences of failing to go up next May will be bloody severe with the youth grants and parachute payments gone, and the fact that we may not have benefactors willing to underwrite the £900,000 losses we already have. We'll still have no TV money coming in (whoever negotiated that contract on behalf of the conference should have their genitals put in a George Foreman grill).

All sorts of things could end up happening to try to balance the books - scrapping the youth, scrapping FITC, getting rid of the goalkeeping coach, putting Cheapside up for sale, closing the main stand, ticket and merchandise prices going up 10%, playing budget halved.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
Les Brechin
October 18, 2011, 2:54pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from AdamHaddock

I don't know if you're taking the mick but I'm serious about the above. The financial consequences of failing to go up next May will be bloody severe with the youth grants and parachute payments gone, and the fact that we may not have benefactors willing to underwrite the £900,000 losses we already have. We'll still have no TV money coming in (whoever negotiated that contract on behalf of the conference should have their genitals put in a George Foreman grill).

All sorts of things could end up happening to try to balance the books - scrapping the youth, scrapping FITC, getting rid of the goalkeeping coach, putting Cheapside up for sale, closing the main stand, ticket and merchandise prices going up 10%, playing budget halved.

So you seriously think that moving to a stadium with a capacity of 1000 which wouldn't even pass the safety standards for a 3rd tier non-league team is the way forward?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
AdamHaddock
October 18, 2011, 2:59pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,834
Gold Stars: 26
When did I mention moving to a new stadium?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
malkamalka
October 18, 2011, 3:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from 470

Why don't they employ a few people on modern apprenticeships? £2.60 an hour, a good way for 16 year old school leavers to gain a qualification and work experience?

Actually, it would only cost half that because  the council have a scheme going that pays up to a half of the wages for 16 - 17 year olds. You would think local councillors with club associations would have been all over that.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
malkamalka
October 18, 2011, 3:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from AdamHaddock

If the club owns Cheapside, it might be a better idea to sell BP and develop Cheapside. Could never understand why it wasn't an option for a new ground. I'm sure it would be a more attractive site for a retail partner than Great Coates anyway.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
Les Brechin
October 18, 2011, 3:10pm

Quoted from AdamHaddock
When did I mention moving to a new stadium?

Errm, Pontoon Steve said "We might as well move to Bradley" you responded "I'm serious about that"

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Les Brechin
October 18, 2011, 3:11pm

Quoted from malkamalka

If the club owns Cheapside, it might be a better idea to sell BP and develop Cheapside. Could never understand why it wasn't an option for a new ground. I'm sure it would be a more attractive site for a retail partner than Great Coates anyway.

As far as I know the club only leases Cheapside. I might be wrong though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › cut the 1 million quid

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.