7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Career Underdogs
October 5, 2011, 4:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34
Approval: +1
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Now let's do some maths once apon a time fenty had 46% and Parker had 52% shares in our club and for unknown reason both threw their toys out of the pram and Parker gives 50% of his shares away leaving mr f still with 46% mr p 21% and the trust with 22ish % now how does that make them the major shareholder

Your stats are wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 68
Career Underdogs
October 5, 2011, 4:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinerian
why do the idiots have such a problem with GTST. FFS the Trust would give the supporters a real voice, yet those morons who criticise have no real alternatives.

A voice? This club does not need a voice it needs hard cash !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 68
Career Underdogs
October 5, 2011, 4:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Listen it is a simple fact : - The Trust now owns the majority of the shares. The shares are a non-tangiable paper figure that just means they own X% of the football club. But that means absolutely nothing.

In order for the football club to survive, it relies heavily on cash injections from outside. This has been in the manner of Mike Parker and John Fenty. They very clearly will not put any further amounts of money into the club, only a fool can fail to see this.

So then you have to look for other shareholders to put the much needed money in. But The Supporters Trust doesn't have money.

This all adds up to an incredible disaster trail.

We actually need a new very rich person to come in like Fenty and Parker did, to acquire shares and put money in and take their turn at steering the football club back to prosperity. I fear that there isn't this person out there.

Summary - The Supporters Trust has absolutely nothing tangiable to bring to the table apart from well meaning lovers of the club with no financial substance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 68
flash1
October 5, 2011, 4:41pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Quoted from Career Underdogs
Listen it is a simple fact : - The Trust now owns the majority of the shares. The shares are a non-tangiable paper figure that just means they own X% of the football club. But that means absolutely nothing.

In order for the football club to survive, it relies heavily on cash injections from outside. This has been in the manner of Mike Parker and John Fenty. They very clearly will not put any further amounts of money into the club, only a fool can fail to see this.

So then you have to look for other shareholders to put the much needed money in. But The Supporters Trust doesn't have money.

We actually need a new very rich person to come in like Fenty and Parker did, to acquire shares and put money in and take their turn at steering the football club back to prosperity. I fear that there isn't this person out there.

Summary - The Supporters Trust has absolutely nothing tangiable to bring to the table apart from well meaning lovers of the club with no financial substance.

l,m not so sure!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 68
Shiver
October 5, 2011, 5:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09

An even simpler fact is that 27% is NOT a majority, it might be the highest single holding but that doesn't make it a majority.

You say it's obvious no-one else will put money in, however, holding these shares meant Parker would end up being forced (by the take over panel) to buy up Fenty's shares (and/or others) which would get Fenty some money back and let him leave. Fenty and the board had to agree to allow this share exchange to happen, so Fenty has let Mike Parker walk away in effect, when he/they could have refused to allow the share transfer meaning Parker would have had to buy up more shares (probably). So why let him do that if Fenty isn't planning to continue controlling GTFC?

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 68
0ld timer
October 5, 2011, 5:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from STB

You've probably seen a lot more at both levels Chris so I respect your judgement.
Luke Mascall looked a class act to me and I was impressed with Luke Beecham.
Brad Beattie in the Borough goal looked brilliant and despite only leaving school in May gave a superb performance.
Maybe they are miles away from GTFC's standard but it was better to watch than many games I've seen at BP.

i hope brad is taller than his old man  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 68
forza ivano
October 5, 2011, 5:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from 0ld timer

he couldn't be any shorter
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 68
forza ivano
October 5, 2011, 5:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Listen it is a simple fact : - The Trust now owns the majority of the shares.
OH dear, where do we start with this? basic year 7 maths?? 27% does not represent a majority; anything above 50% represents a majority

The shares are a non-tangiable paper figure that just means they own X% of the football club. But that means absolutely nothing.
WRONG AGAIN! it means that the trust is amongst the biggest, if not the biggest, shareholder. That means that at an AGM they represent the most powerful voice and in all probability will be the deal maker or breaker. It would be nigh on impossible for the club to be run without taking account of the views of the majority shareholders. I think most sane individuals would agree that this equates to a little more power and influence than 'absolutely nothing'

In order for the football club to survive, it relies heavily on cash injections from outside. This has been in the manner of Mike Parker and John Fenty.
maybe that has been the case, butit  does not mean to say that it has to be the way in the future. I'm sure by looking at the div 1 & 2 tables and comparing the average attendances there will be a host of examples of more successful, better run clubs with less financial resources than ourselves.
They very clearly will not put any further amounts of money into the club, only a fool can fail to see this.
WRONG AGAIN! if you actually read their statements they have NOT categorically said this - both have left themselves 'wriggle room' and I suspect that neither would be want to be cast as the villain of the piece who condemned gtfc to the annals of history

maybe not at present, but who knows what a concerted effort might produce - nearly 40 years ago £12,000 was raised within a week or 2 to buy Joe waters and more recently £50,000 was contributed in a similar timescale for the enhancement of Ivano's bank balance

Who knows who might be out there - 1 or 2 people may now be interested, given the changed political/shareholder landscape, to get involved in the club

time will tell CU, time will tell...

PS sorry it was like a 80s gloryhole post, but there was so much wrong with this, it merited dissection!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 68
STB
October 5, 2011, 5:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from 0ld timer

Brad is 4 times the height of his diminutive, ginger father.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 68
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 5, 2011, 7:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from STB

You've probably seen a lot more at both levels Chris so I respect your judgement.
Luke Mascall looked a class act to me and I was impressed with Luke Beecham.
Brad Beattie in the Borough goal looked brilliant and despite only leaving school in May gave a superb performance.
Maybe they are miles away from GTFC's standard but it was better to watch than many games I've seen at BP.

It's true that many local players are capable of playing at GTFC level - for half a game. That is where the difference comes and why so few lads make it through the ranks to the first team. They can be decent players but they are not good enough often enough.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Supporters Trust - The End of GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.