Marinerz93
October 4, 2011, 11:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice
Why not offer these shares to any new investor willing to invest in the club long term. Any default and shares returned to GTST.

Probably because they don't want to pay Fenty £2 million for his mistakes.  MP was the man to move this club forward and look how he has been treated.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 68
STB
October 4, 2011, 11:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Ram the big boy investors, it hasn't worked.
Local lads playing and being paid as as part timers, 1200 fans per game needed to break even, gates of at least 2000, result, a bit of profit and a chance of progression - see Braintree for details.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 68
petethemariner
October 4, 2011, 11:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from STB
Ram the big boy investors, it hasn't worked.
Local lads playing and being paid as as part timers, 1200 fans per game needed to break even, gates of at least 2000, result, a bit of profit and a chance of progression - see Braintree for details.  

Ideal plan if it would work STB, unfortunately it wouldn't! We are an outpost as far as football is concerned, we do not have the catchment area of say Leeds, Nottingham or Manchester - you know, quality players who have escaped the pro net - i used to  play at a reasonable standard, nothing brilliant, but  light years better than the standard round here now ,i look around here at the standard of our local teams and it makes me despair, mostly egos turning up when they feel like it, not turning up when they haven't had their tints/perms, or nights on the urine* delete where necessary* i cannot even bring myself to watch them, let alone even try to coach them!
Local lads (with a few exceptions, granted) would spell the end i fear.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 68
October 5, 2011, 12:15am
Guest User
I fear the trust will be stuck in the middle of Fenty and Parker, each wanting the trust to be "on thier side".
Reply: 33 - 68
petethemariner
October 5, 2011, 12:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Let me back up my last post with i think a  few relevant facts - re-emerging, re-vamped clubs come from good
footballing areas - FC United of Manchester can have the pick of the failed Pros around probably a dozen decent clubs, AFC Halifax can have the pick of the failed pros around the Leeds/Bradford  area, AFC Wimbledon have the catchment area of fringe pros from the many  London clubs, we do not have that luxury,
there is nothing around here, sorry,  but with all respect to the Gy Boro players/Clee Town players it would have us at NE Counties (Maybe Prem)standard at best.
It doesn't give me any pleasure in the slightest to post this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 68
BIGChris
October 5, 2011, 7:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from petethemariner

Ideal plan if it would work STB, unfortunately it wouldn't! We are an outpost as far as football is concerned, we do not have the catchment area of say Leeds, Nottingham or Manchester - you know, quality players who have escaped the pro net - i used to  play at a reasonable standard, nothing brilliant, but  light years better than the standard round here now ,i look around here at the standard of our local teams and it makes me despair, mostly egos turning up when they feel like it, not turning up when they haven't had their tints/perms, or nights on the urine* delete where necessary* i cannot even bring myself to watch them, let alone even try to coach them!

100% agree.

AFCW are a fine example but there are at least a 100 semi pro clubs within their catchment area. They had the pick of that cream. We have precisley nowt!

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 68
STB
October 5, 2011, 8:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from petethemariner

Its the few exceptions we need to employ !
I watched the Clee Town V GY Borough rezzies last night and there were quite a few on that pitch that looked capable of playing at what I've seen of GTFC's current level.
If there is no cash injection, this seems the only viable alternative.

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 68
BIGChris
October 5, 2011, 9:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from STB

Its the few exceptions we need to employ !
I watched the Clee Town V GY Borough rezzies last night and there were quite a few on that pitch that looked capable of playing at what I've seen of GTFC's current level.
If there is no cash injection, this seems the only viable alternative.

All due respect STB but that standard is a million miles away from even the low level GTFC now play.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 68
forza ivano
October 5, 2011, 9:10am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Rich Boy
Not everybody trusts the trust. Are the people who used to be on the GTST board still there? These are the people that the fans do not trust. If the supporters trust wants to gain some credibility they should have a clear out.  Lets see if those people with the big egos can let it go?

LETS TAKE THIS VERY SLOWLY RICH BOY! every membe rof the Trust has an equal vote. They vote the people onto the trust board. I think the present chair has clearly said on several occasions that she is more than willing to pass the reins on to a new set of enthusiastic supporters - indeed this was one of the main reasons that the meeting was held on Saturday (and did get a number of new people coming forward to volunteer their services) Therefore if you feel that things need to be changed, then it can be done very easily. You and your fellow minded souls join the Trust and argue your case. I hope you can get your head round the concept and that you're not the one of those typical gtfc fans who moan about anything and everything but do feck all about it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 68
STB
October 5, 2011, 9:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris

All due respect STB but that standard is a million miles away from even the low level GTFC now play.

You've probably seen a lot more at both levels Chris so I respect your judgement.
Luke Mascall looked a class act to me and I was impressed with Luke Beecham.
Brad Beattie in the Borough goal looked brilliant and despite only leaving school in May gave a superb performance.
Maybe they are miles away from GTFC's standard but it was better to watch than many games I've seen at BP.

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Supporters Trust - The End of GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.