Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Approx quarter of the season gone . . .
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 143 Guests

Approx quarter of the season gone . . .

This thread currently has 2,974 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
STB
September 24, 2011, 7:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
The chairman's jumped ship.
We're in 17th place.
7 points from the playoffs.
4 points from the relegation places.
A -7 goal difference.
Is it time to panic?

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
headingly_mariner
September 24, 2011, 7:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from STB
We're in 17th place.
A -7 goal difference.
Is it time to panic?

Gotta be positive, the past is past and if we dont lift the negativity and realise we are not in the championship anymore and are now a long ball conference side that is not very good, we will never get out of the conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
voice of reason
September 24, 2011, 7:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from STB
We're in 17th place.
A -7 goal difference.
Is it time to panic?

The tide will turn and when it does it'll come in quick...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
voice of reason
September 24, 2011, 7:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Actually STB it is a fair question... I do believe the managers said in an interview at the start of the season, to judge them at the end of September because they will have played a quarter of their games...

I would say i'm pretty disappointed with how they've done... I hoped for better but feel we are probs further back than last season... We lack  pace, make too many mistakes at the back, don't press enough and win enough second balls in midfield and don't take nearly as many chances as we should... Effort and work rate is normally there but even them basics have been missing a couple of times this season...

In summary, comparing this team to last seasons, I would say...

GK has improved...

Def has got worse...

Mid has improved but still not good enough...

Att has got worse...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
we will return
September 24, 2011, 10:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Out of this years and last years team my best would be this

Mckeown
Wood  Atkinson  Kempson  Green

Coulson  Disley  Church  Eagle

Hearn  Connell

So in my opinion we've only lost 2 good players from last year and gained 5 so I think we've got a better squad than last year but we're just lacking a goalscorer, but now Hearns got his first, hopefully he can push on and get more.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
darren9
September 24, 2011, 10:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from STB
We're in 17th place.
A -7 goal difference.
Is it time to panic?

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/15/!Bmu()GQ!mk~$(KGrHqEOKiEEtkl9YNWOBLgrCNn2Nw~~_35.JPG[/img]

Definately time to panic. The club is going nowhere. while we have a lot of effort we don't have very much quality. We don't seem to have a player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck no-one to command the defence, no-one to boss the midfield and no-one you'd back to take any chance which comes their way.

As well as all this we have the doubt over who will be in charge of the club after christmas and longer term if we'll even have a club.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
80sglory
September 24, 2011, 10:37pm
Guest User
No need to panic - we're slowly getting better.
Relegation ? No chance !
Just as long as the managers learn from it, we'll be a stronger team and wouldn't at all be suprised if we hammer Alfreton on Saturday.
Tell me you're panicking then !  
Reply: 6 - 28
bobbyturtle
September 24, 2011, 10:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
the halmarks of another depressing season for town fans

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
jackfoster
September 24, 2011, 10:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
It's a terrible situation: 17th place and the prospect of having to sell players if there is no further funding, i'm afraid we are all going to have to lower our expectations, just surviving in this league will be success for gtfc, forget the play offs, it's not going to happen...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
Happy_Mariner
September 25, 2011, 9:35am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +69
Quoted from jackfoster
It's a terrible situation: 17th place and the prospect of having to sell players if there is no further funding, i'm afraid we are all going to have to lower our expectations, just surviving in this league will be success for gtfc, forget the play offs, it's not going to happen...

I think we're a long way off hoping to survive in this league but also seem to be a way off the teams at the top. That equates to mid-table obscurity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Approx quarter of the season gone . . .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.