Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Approx quarter of the season gone . . .
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 181 Guests

Approx quarter of the season gone . . .

This thread currently has 2,976 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
September 25, 2011, 10:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Paris Mariner
It is not realistic to write off our play off chances in September. Yes, we could be higher up the table and have won a lot more games but as things stand we still have a chance and we maybe just our luck to change. Take yesterday for example, at 0-1 we had two goals disallowed for offside. On another day, they both go in an count because you get the rub of the green. People talk like we get outplayed every game. This is clearly not the case. I appreciate people's frustrations but the doom and gloom that surrounds BP is tiring. We're a Conference team who are still a good bet for the play-offs. Get over it.

'Get over' what? I am a GTFC supporter for 4 decades, seen good times and bad, desperately want
the best for the club, but happen to feel we aren't good enough to obtain a place in the play-offs, my opinion, which i am entitled to and i feel many will agree with.
To say 'Get over it' suggests i WANT us to stay where we are - nothing is further from the truth, tbh i find that fairly insulting, so how about chosing your words appropriately?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
dapperz fun pub
September 25, 2011, 10:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from petethemariner

'Get over' what? I am a GTFC supporter for 4 decades, seen good times and bad, desperately want
the best for the club, but happen to feel we aren't good enough to obtain a place in the play-offs, my opinion, which i am entitled to and i feel many will agree with.
To say 'Get over it' suggests i WANT us to stay where we are - nothing is further from the truth, tbh i find that fairly insulting, so how about chosing your words appropriately?

the french are allways llike that pete
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
Paris Mariner
September 25, 2011, 11:03am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
The get over it wasn't directed at you personally. It was more for the people just coming on here talking with expectations and demands of a League club which we no longer are. It wasn't a suggestion that we have a desire to stay put, more a required recognition of the state of affairs for some quarters. I'm sorry you were insulted - in all fairness it was difficult to predict that from this side of the computer screen.

Oh, and Dapperz, je ne suis pas francais.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 28
dapperz fun pub
September 25, 2011, 11:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
The get over it wasn't directed at you personally. It was more for the people just coming on here talking with expectations and demands of a League club which we no longer are. It wasn't a suggestion that we have a desire to stay put, more a required recognition of the state of affairs for some quarters. I'm sorry you were insulted - in all fairness it was difficult to predict that from this side of the computer screen.

speak the queens boy speak the queens
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
petethemariner
September 25, 2011, 11:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16

Fair enough - insult NOT taken!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
marinette
September 25, 2011, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 1600

Relegation ? No chance !

That's going in the prediction box, 80s.    

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
upthestripes
September 25, 2011, 12:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
It's not time to panic imo, just time to lower our expectations.
We're not going to be challenging this year I don't think. It's all about next season.
Wrexham are a good side but it's taken them a while to get there. But our team isn't good enough yet to be a contender, it needs building on (and not fecking dismantling).

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
GrimRob
September 25, 2011, 12:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from upthestripes
It's not time to panic imo, just time to lower our expectations.
We're not going to be challenging this year I don't think. It's all about next season.
Wrexham are a good side but it's taken them a while to get there. But our team isn't good enough yet to be a contender, it needs building on (and not fecking dismantling).

Quite agree. Give these guys two whole years minimum. The players we have are mostly young and should improve in a settled side. If the financial problems, ironically the one thing we haven't had to worry about during our long slide, manage to sort themselves out, then wiith a less trigger happy board we may stand a chance of turning the corner.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 28
killingholmemariner
September 25, 2011, 2:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -8
aslong as we finish around 5-11th i'll be happy! its rob and pauls first season at this level, and there not doing such a bad job! next season is the one!

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Approx quarter of the season gone . . .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.