Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just an idea?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 158 Guests

Just an idea?

This thread currently has 3,024 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Guttedgate
September 23, 2011, 12:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
I have been mulling this over for sometime and i have an idea.
If we as fans could get enough people together who are share holders at the club we could do the following!
1) Arrange for as many share holders as possible to attend the up coming AGM and propose and vote onto the board somebody selected by the shareholders involved, this would get some influence on the board and as long as we had enough votes then it would happen as with any AGM it is one vote per shareholder no matter how many shares (unless it is the mojority holder who then has a casting vote in a deadlock situation)
This may seem like a far fetched idea but things have to change and it wont happen outside the boardroom.
2) Once the person is on the board the shareholders pool there shares to allow that person to have greater voting rights (an agreement that they are returned after say 10 years could be agreed) Once this is in place the shareholders who have pooled the shares will in essence set up a board of there own which will make choices and give ideas to be put at board level, it is simple currently we are going round in circles and it will take balls from the two men involved or something unique from others to move the club forward and i belive that a club run by people who have the club at heart (and not the money) is the best way forward.

Right so i can hear you thinking but if they get on the board they wont have the money to move the club on!
So here are just a few ideas!
There is so much untapped support from local business and if the story is spun in the right way and not in the normal bundled pr disaster it will generate intrest from national and international business. Multi use of the ground and the future move away from Blundell park to a ground that would allow club to operate sensibly and to a tight budget.
If the figures are to belived then we have a wage budget of around 17k a week and based on a 52 week year (due to contracts) the income based on 2500 gates is less than half that! looking at players that can play at this level and that dont demand high pay is vital for the club to thrive and that will require scouting the non leagues!!!
I appreciate that not everybody wants to be so involved but just imagine a true supporters voice with fresh ideas and instead of knowing nothing been involved in the very fabric of the club we all love.

If you could keep the negative remarks to a minimum i have delicate eyes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Wrawby_Mariner
September 23, 2011, 1:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from the Grimbarian
why dont you ask the Trust they keep saying theyve got 20,000 shares and by the looks of things theres no Trust anymore so theres 20000 shares doing nothing!!

Asking the trust would be a great place to start. However the second half of your sentence lacks substance, so I suggest you get off your arze, walk into the kitchen and make yourself a nice big cup of shut the fu(k up.. . . .Thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 1 - 36
Guttedgate
September 23, 2011, 2:11pm
Coke Drinker
I would only be intrested in working with the trust on any future plans. They are in a difficult position as they have had very little say in the day to day running of the club if any at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 2:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Guttedgate
If we as fans could get enough people together who are share holders at the club we could do the following!
1) Arrange for as many share holders as possible to attend the up coming AGM and propose and vote onto the board somebody selected by the shareholders involved, this would get some influence on the board and as long as we had enough votes then it would happen as with any AGM it is one vote per shareholder no matter how many shares (unless it is the mojority holder who then has a casting vote in a deadlock situation)
This may seem like a far fetched idea but things have to change and it wont happen outside the boardroom.
2) Once the person is on the board the shareholders pool there shares to allow that person to have greater voting rights (an agreement that they are returned after say 10 years could be agreed) Once this is in place the shareholders who have pooled the shares will in essence set up a board of there own which will make choices and give ideas to be put at board level, it is simple currently we are going round in circles and it will take balls from the two men involved or something unique from others to move the club forward and i belive that a club run by people who have the club at heart (and not the money) is the best way forward.

Right so i can hear you thinking but if they get on the board they wont have the money to move the club on!
So here are just a few ideas!
There is so much untapped support from local business and if the story is spun in the right way and not in the normal bundled pr disaster it will generate intrest from national and international business. Multi use of the ground and the future move away from Blundell park to a ground that would allow club to operate sensibly and to a tight budget.
If the figures are to belived then we have a wage budget of around 17k a week and based on a 52 week year (due to contracts) the income based on 2500 gates is less than half that! looking at players that can play at this level and that dont demand high pay is vital for the club to thrive and that will require scouting the non leagues!!!
I appreciate that not everybody wants to be so involved but just imagine a true supporters voice with fresh ideas and instead of knowing nothing been involved in the very fabric of the club we all love.

If you could keep the negative remarks to a minimum i have delicate eyes

Not a bad idea in essence but the company's Articles of Association would prevent this.  New board members have to bear a proportional share of the company's debt either through shares, loans or guarantees as I understand it.  And before anyone points out the obvious, I think John Elsom and Mike Chapman were appointed before the Articles were drawn up.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
Guttedgate
September 23, 2011, 2:23pm
Coke Drinker
And that is why GTFC should re think the way in which it is run because the articles have been put in place to protect the board and not the club! (dodgy comment maybe but very true) and just to put something to you the club can appoint a non executive director at any point and that director doesnt have to shoulder any of the debt or future problems.
As i see it one of the biggest problems is that the board are so rapped up in personal issues and how the club is funded and they are not considering that the continued funding at the present rate not only harm the club but end it!
Start thinking outside box Fenty,MP and crew or a great club will be down the pan allong with your money!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
the Grimbarian
September 23, 2011, 2:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Asking the trust would be a great place to start. However the second half of your sentence lacks substance, so I suggest you get off your arze, walk into the kitchen and make yourself a nice big cup of shut the fu(k up.. . . .Thanks

Well the ex chairman has pointed this out to us all that the Trust is no more as the Trust Board members have lost interest as as one poster on here pointed out he approached the Trust to help and was basically forgotten about.All this info is on here in one or more threads so have a good look at all of this or get youre fooking glassses changed ALAN

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 2:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Guttedgate
And that is why GTFC should re think the way in which it is run because the articles have been put in place to protect the board and not the club! (dodgy comment maybe but very true) and just to put something to you the club can appoint a non executive director at any point and that director doesnt have to shoulder any of the debt or future problems.
As i see it one of the biggest problems is that the board are so rapped up in personal issues and how the club is funded and they are not considering that the continued funding at the present rate not only harm the club but end it!
Start thinking outside box Fenty,MP and crew or a great club will be down the pan allong with your money!

Yes....very good point about the non executive director!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 3:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from Guttedgate

2) Once the person is on the board the shareholders pool there shares to allow that person to have greater voting rights (an agreement that they are returned after say 10 years could be agreed) Once this is in place the shareholders who have pooled the shares will in essence set up a board of there own which will make choices and give ideas to be put at board level

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're suggesting minority shareholders set up their own board to "make suggestions" to 1 newly elected non executive board member voted in through an AGM ?
Will the board listen even if they elect one person onto it ?
Good idea but if you want change shouldn't you be looking at voting MULTIPLE "non executive directors" onto the board ?

Quoted from Guttedgate
Multi use of the ground and the future move away from Blundell park to a ground that would allow club to operate sensibly and to a tight budget.

Why do you need to move away from BP to operate sensibly and to a tight budget ?
IF BP is losing money there is plenty of room for improvement ?
If we're supposedly skint and the club is at risk are you seriously telling me we can move to this new stadium without paying a penny ?

Quoted from Guttedgate

Unless you make limited signings and go with what in all essence would be the youth team ?
Reply: 7 - 36
Wrawby_Mariner
September 23, 2011, 3:21pm
Season Ticket Holder

Well the ex chairman has pointed this out to us all that the Trust is no more as the Trust Board members have lost interest as as one poster on here pointed out he approached the Trust to help and was basically forgotten about.All this info is on here in one or more threads so have a good look at all of this or get youre fooking glassses changed ALAN

I never said the GTST were faultless, I also said fresh blood needs to be pumped into the supporters trust, generating fresh ideas and adopting a different approach, parallel to GTFC. Last time people took a small interest in the supporters trust I made clear I would like to to be involved, and although nothing came of it, I'll say it again I'd like to be involved  because I love this club and would rather stand and and speak up instead of not fighting. Instead of waiting for things to go mammaries up and saying "What could we have done?", try making a difference instead of being critical of others attempts.

Also, if you want to get personal, say it to my face tomorrow. . . . .I dare you.
Logged Offline
Reply: 8 - 36
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 3:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from tarka

Not a bad idea in essence but the company's Articles of Association would prevent this.  New board members have to bear a proportional share of the company's debt either through shares, loans or guarantees as I understand it.  And before anyone points out the obvious, I think John Elsom and Mike Chapman were appointed before the Articles were drawn up.

The requirement for being a director was considered to be 500 shares and to loan the club £50,000 wasn't it? The second of these stipulations being the stumbling block for the GTST.

Both Elsom and Chapman have loans in the club don't they? A point lost to the idiots who call them freeloaders and think they are only on the board for their own ends.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 3:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're suggesting minority shareholders set up their own board to "make suggestions" to 1 newly elected non executive board member voted in through an AGM ?
Will the board listen even if they elect one person onto it ?
Good idea but if you want change shouldn't you be looking at voting MULTIPLE "non executive directors" onto the board ?

What makes you think that a board of directors would allow multiple non-executive directors?  It'll be one at most!  And to be honest you'll be lucky to get that...it is a good idea but frought with problems, particularly areas of confidentiality or conflict between board members which could mean that the non-exec is asked to leave the room.  In addition, there will be limits as to what the non-exec can report back.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 3:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The requirement for being a director was considered to be 500 shares and to loan the club £50,000 wasn't it? The second of these stipulations being the stumbling block for the GTST.

Both Elsom and Chapman have loans in the club don't they? A point lost to the idiots who call them freeloaders and think they are only on the board for their own ends.

No Golly...at the time it was the best part of £250,000 (either in shares, loans or gaurantees).  It will be considerably more now.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 3:35pm
Table Wine Drinker

I never said the GTST were faultless, I also said fresh blood needs to be pumped into the supporters trust, generating fresh ideas and adopting a different approach, parallel to GTFC. Last time people took a small interest in the supporters trust I made clear I would like to to be involved, and although nothing came of it, I'll say it again I'd like to be involved  because I love this club and would rather stand and and speak up instead of not fighting. Instead of waiting for things to go mammaries up and saying "What could we have done?", try making a difference instead of being critical of others attempts.

Also, if you want to get personal, say it to my face tomorrow. . . . .I dare you.

Very well put.  For your information, Emma is posting something on here later today regarding the future of the Trust.

I won't comment on the second paragraph!  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
1mickylyons
September 23, 2011, 3:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from tarka

Very well put.  For your information, Emma is posting something on here later today regarding the future of the Trust.

Having read your posts without comment.I have to say you have left me very dissapointed with the stance you have taken,wether you like it or not for the silent majority your still seen as the Trust figurehead and even though thats probably unfair your comments could make life very difficult for Emma etc who may want to try and reserect the Trust now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
the Grimbarian
September 23, 2011, 3:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from tarka

Better late than never  

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 3:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from tarka
What makes you think that a board of directors would allow multiple non-executive directors?  It'll be one at most!  And to be honest you'll be lucky to get that...it is a good idea but frought with problems, particularly areas of confidentiality or conflict between board members which could mean that the non-exec is asked to leave the room.  In addition, there will be limits as to what the non-exec can report back.

Well I'd be suprised if they let one on too.
What I was getting at is that one board member is unlikely to change anything.

Not knocking anyone but is that the reason one might be allowed but multiple ones wouldn't be ?  
i.e. just as long as it's "all for show" and doesn't actually change anything then it's acceptable ?
Sounds like being thrown a few crumbs from the table...

Anyway not knocking you or anyone and thanks, I appreciate your info...
Reply: 15 - 36
Wrawby_Mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:00pm
Season Ticket Holder

Better late than never  

Heres an idea . . .Instead of giving someone who has said numerous times in the last 48 hours, he has nothing to do with the trust, try waiting for what the existing trustee's have to say.

Logged Offline
Reply: 16 - 36
the Grimbarian
September 23, 2011, 4:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
I wish it'll hurry up i cant stand the suspense

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Wrawby_Mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
I wish it'll hurry up i cant stand the suspense

Is there any wonder you have no friends Tony??
Logged Offline
Reply: 18 - 36
Guttedgate
September 23, 2011, 4:15pm
Coke Drinker
A number of points i would like to clarify.
1) I am suggesting that if those who pool there shares in the club wish they can form a "sort of board" to get there ideas to the person who is on the board, not to dictate what goes on while that person is on the board. I am not suggesting multiple non exec directors as that in my opinion would be counter productive, who ever the figure head would be should have experience and ability in football and therefore be able to deliver viewpoints and follow through on projects that could be instigated.
2) I have no doubt the cost of running Blundell park is counter productive in todays financial climate, other than football and very few other activites there is no income generated by the ground and if you couple possible value of the land and parking issues along with the traffic concerns associated with the ground they are all things that could be solved away from there. I may also say that the cost of things like policing Blundell park is more than that of a ground away from the current location.i may also say that i know of one organisation that assist clubs with associated funding of projects and i am sure that along with partnerships and co-habitation policies the cost of moving to a new ground would be greatly reduced!
3)The days of championship football are over (for now) and we have to bring players in that have played and know this level of football, hard centre halfs, winning and leading midfielders and wise and shrude forwards, i appreciate that they have brought in players from Boston and the like but cast the net wide and far there are many players performing week in week out and offering far more value, some earning 50-100 quid a week. beffore anybody says how do i know, i could post a first 11 that would cost less than 5 grand a week and would deliver.
Anyway rant over, if the supporters are as negative as the board maybe the club is better just plodding until the inevitable end but i for one want to do something about it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
1mickylyons
September 23, 2011, 4:17pm
Special Brew Drinker

Heres an idea . . .Instead of giving someone who has said numerous times in the last 48 hours, he has nothing to do with the trust, try waiting for what the existing trustee's have to say.

Which is all well and good but quite clearly he is still seen by an awful lot of people has being the voice of the Trust and for someone who wants to distance himself from it he doesn`t half like to make it clear he knows whats going on Confused of Gy here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
Wrawby_Mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Which is all well and good but quite clearly he is still seen by an awful lot of people has being the voice of the Trust and for someone who wants to distance himself from it he doesn`t half like to make it clear he knows whats going on Confused of Gy here

Maybe he does know whats going on. . .Its probably not in his position to make a comment, and in fairness to tarka, people are slating what he a trust in which took alot of time and effort in maintaining for sometime, what person would not defend his or her efforts?
Logged Offline
Reply: 21 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 4:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Fair point...I was just answering questions as best I could whilst making the point that I no longer speak for the Board unless specifically requested to do so.  And of course I know what's going on because I may not be a board member but I still have a passion for the Trust and, more importantly, the Club.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
1mickylyons
September 23, 2011, 4:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from tarka

Fair point...I was just answering questions as best I could whilst making the point that I no longer speak for the Board unless specifically requested to do so.  And of course I know what's going on because I may not be a board member but I still have a passion for the Trust and, more importantly, the Club.

Fantastic response Dave and just what i wanted to provoke from you.Sorry i felt the need however like it or lump it the time for the Trust is NOW and they need to act and they need people like YOU who are prepared to do there bit.I think you should use whatever influence you have to galvanise the Trust past and present and make the call to arms YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A BETTER CHANCE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 4:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Fantastic response Dave and just what i wanted to provoke from you.Sorry i felt the need however like it or lump it the time for the Trust is NOW and they need to act and they need people like YOU who are prepared to do there bit.I think you should use whatever influence you have to galvanise the Trust past and present and make the call to arms YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A BETTER CHANCE.

Thank you.  However, your remarks really need to be made to Emma Blackbourne although I am sure she has read them.  As I said earlier, Emma will be posting something on here later today which I'm sure she hopes will provoke a response.  For my part I've offered my services for whatever they're worth.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
malkamalka
September 23, 2011, 4:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Just being Devil's Advocate here. Let's assume for a moment that it is possible to nominate and get a NED onto the Board. Can that person then become Chairman? If that is the case, and the required shares/votes can be gathered, surely, the person selected should be of the following calibre:

1. Someone with sufficient knowledge and skill to be an acceptable nominee of all shareholders voting;
2. Someone who knows their way around funding and alternative sources of revenue raising for a major project;
3. Someone of a high enough stature to not be worried to much by the antics of Messrs Fenty and Parker;
4. Someone like Richard Bellamy!

The proposal would be for such an identity to lead a NEW board for a minimum term, which would allow the project to take off.

Tarka - Can't the articles related to majority be overturned by the majority shareholder at AGM/EGM - wasn't this how Mr. Fenty obtained his controlling interest in the first place?

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 5:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from malkamalka
Tarka - Can't the articles related to majority be overturned by the majority shareholder at AGM/EGM - wasn't this how Mr. Fenty obtained his controlling interest in the first place?

I would assume so...but don't quote me!!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 7:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from Guttedgate
A number of points i would like to clarify.
1) I am suggesting that if those who pool there shares in the club wish they can form a "sort of board" to get there ideas to the person who is on the board, not to dictate what goes on while that person is on the board. I am not suggesting multiple non exec directors as that in my opinion would be counter productive, who ever the figure head would be should have experience and ability in football and therefore be able to deliver viewpoints and follow through on projects that could be instigated.

If you're suggesting the "figure head" should have knowledge of football(I agree but can you explain why ?) then would he be able to communicate or even influence those that don't ?
For example, what type of projects are you thinking of ?

Also why would a non exec board be counter productive ?
Would that not be an ideal scenario for fans to become shareholders where they could effectively elect reps and hire and fire ?
What's wrong with multiple supporters/minority shareholders being on the board when Elstrom and Chapman are already on the board and Furneaux was ?!!!

Quoted from Guttedgate
2) I have no doubt the cost of running Blundell park is counter productive in todays financial climate, other than football and very few other activites there is no income generated by the ground and if you couple possible value of the land and parking issues along with the traffic concerns associated with the ground they are all things that could be solved away from there. I may also say that the cost of things like policing Blundell park is more than that of a ground away from the current location.i may also say that i know of one organisation that assist clubs with associated funding of projects and i am sure that along with partnerships and co-habitation policies the cost of moving to a new ground would be greatly reduced!

Points taken and thank you but as I said, where is the money coming from for a new stadium ?
You've also ignored the point I made about improving facilites and profitability at BP ?

Quoted from Guttedgate
3)The days of championship football are over (for now) and we have to bring players in that have played and know this level of football, hard centre halfs, winning and leading midfielders and wise and shrude forwards, i appreciate that they have brought in players from Boston and the like but cast the net wide and far there are many players performing week in week out and offering far more value, some earning 50-100 quid a week. beffore anybody says how do i know, i could post a first 11 that would cost less than 5 grand a week and would deliver.

So you agree the playing budget would be cut ?
What about the youth team ?

Quoted from Guttedgate
Anyway rant over, if the supporters are as negative as the board maybe the club is better just plodding until the inevitable end but i for one want to do something about it!

Not a case of being negative !
You've come up with a proposal that needs more meat on the bone and needs to be fleshed out and debated ?
Reply: 27 - 36
Guttedgate
September 23, 2011, 10:33pm
Coke Drinker
In answer to your questions.
1) I didnt say a non exec board would be counter productive, you said about having several on the current board and i belive that in the whole the current board wouldnt except more than one if at all and if you are saying a full non exec board then great idea but that would mean that Fenty and the crew would have to stand down! With regards knowledge i talk of this in the following context, somebody who has experience delivering constant targets at non league level. The projects i am talking of are NHS parnerships, gyms and health developments for example!
2)A more economical modern building would offer greater savings by way of the bills and things like 4g pitches withing clubs facilities would create an income from a branded league. As for the cost an example is the new(ish)stand at Preston, in a partnership with the NHS the 4 million structure was paid for in the whole. Just another example i could also use Salford RFL or Fleetwood who have paid a minute part of there bill.
3)Just because players wouuld be earning less doesnt mean that they are youth team players, bring back the pride and belife in the club and that will help!
I would be happy to chat about what i have written, i am first of all a town supporter and second of all somebody who works in the game, i realise that maybe it all seems far fetched i havent said anything that given time i couldnt pull off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 11:34pm
Guest User
Credit to you for your vision and I believe you, you sound very knowledgable.

All I'm saying is, any proposal needs to be crystal clear and for the fans/shareholders and board to buy into it.

I can debate with you all day, but it's them you need to persuade.

I've tried to persuade fans myself to save their loose change in a jar and I couldn't even do that !

Have you considered talking with GTST on the other thread ? They own shares ?
Not sure if it counts as 1 vote or not but they might have the ability to market/help implement the idea ?
Just a thought.
Reply: 29 - 36
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 24, 2011, 12:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Gutted, no offence, but you have just spent a lot of time inventing something that is already in existence.

Supporters just need to get more ambitious. Now is the time. As a mock Cuban in another place is fond of saying "the richies have messed up".

Don't spend ages thinking up complicated strategies. Take action. Make things up as you go along.

In the early days of the Trust there was a fear about rocking the boat - the club was in financial trouble but the Mariners could be kept afloat if it didn't ship too much water from any action which caused the boat to list.

Now we know the boat is going down because the people on the bridge are not fit. Only mutiny can save it. Fuckem! What's the worst that can happen now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
80sglory
September 24, 2011, 12:45am
Guest User
Well don't think we should assume it's the end, but that doesn't mean we should sit back and assume the club will always be here forever either.
Hope for the best prepare for the worst ?

Don't spend ages thinking up complicated strategies. Take action. Make things up as you go along.

Why do you think that ?
I'd have said the opposite personally - think it through carefully now before you put any proposal forward or it'll fizzle out ?
Just look at GTST !    
Sorry that was very much uncalled for. They've done very well to achieve what they have !
Reply: 31 - 36
Guttedgate
September 24, 2011, 10:34am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from TWAreaTownSupporter

For your information i have on several occasion contacted John Fenty and this week i have tried to get in touch with Mike Parker with regards been involved and knowbody even has the common courtesy to send a no thankyou.
And as for the why re invent someting already in place i will tell you why!
I come at this from a proffesional stand point and have the proffesional background and experience to boot, the GTST have in the past done a good job but how can a group that cannot organise a simple meeting be so involved in a club that is currently run in a similar way.
Also i have contacted the GTST and they seem to come at this from the same standpoint as both Fenty and Parker, they couldnt even be botherd to reply!
I used this forum to try and get an idea of peoples feelings and support and now i have a clear a concise view of the apathy among most.
I will continue into next week with one more throw of the dice and then im out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
dapperz fun pub
September 24, 2011, 10:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Gutted, no offence, but you have just spent a lot of time inventing something that is already in existence.

Supporters just need to get more ambitious. Now is the time. As a mock Cuban in another place is fond of saying "the richies have messed up".

In the early days of the Trust there was a fear about rocking the boat - the club was in financial trouble but the Mariners could be kept afloat if it didn't ship too much water from any action which caused the boat to list.

Now we know the boat is going down because the people on the bridge are not fit. Only mutiny can save it. Fuckem! What's the worst that can happen now!

all that to say just blag it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
Guttedgate
September 24, 2011, 10:46am
Coke Drinker
I think even those who belive that Fenty is a cash cow God may also agree the he has proved blagging is not always best!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
costa del cleethorpes
September 24, 2011, 11:05am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from Guttedgate
I think even those who belive that Fenty is a cash cow God may also agree the he has proved blagging is not always best!

its time for him to walk away and leave the club to rebuild with another man at the helm,lets face it hes allways said the loans are benign but are they
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
tarka
September 24, 2011, 1:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Guttedgate
Quoted from TWAreaTownSupporter

For your information i have on several occasion contacted John Fenty and this week i have tried to get in touch with Mike Parker with regards been involved and knowbody even has the common courtesy to send a no thankyou.
And as for the why re invent someting already in place i will tell you why!
I come at this from a proffesional stand point and have the proffesional background and experience to boot, the GTST have in the past done a good job but how can a group that cannot organise a simple meeting be so involved in a club that is currently run in a similar way.
Also i have contacted the GTST and they seem to come at this from the same standpoint as both Fenty and Parker, they couldnt even be botherd to reply!
I used this forum to try and get an idea of peoples feelings and support and now i have a clear a concise view of the apathy among most.
I will continue into next week with one more throw of the dice and then im out!

If you are interested in joining GTST help set up a meeting...Emma has made it clear that she would try to come along.  The ball's in your court!  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just an idea?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.