Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just an idea?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 124 Guests

Just an idea?

This thread currently has 3,022 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
tarka
September 23, 2011, 3:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1600

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're suggesting minority shareholders set up their own board to "make suggestions" to 1 newly elected non executive board member voted in through an AGM ?
Will the board listen even if they elect one person onto it ?
Good idea but if you want change shouldn't you be looking at voting MULTIPLE "non executive directors" onto the board ?

What makes you think that a board of directors would allow multiple non-executive directors?  It'll be one at most!  And to be honest you'll be lucky to get that...it is a good idea but frought with problems, particularly areas of confidentiality or conflict between board members which could mean that the non-exec is asked to leave the room.  In addition, there will be limits as to what the non-exec can report back.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 3:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The requirement for being a director was considered to be 500 shares and to loan the club £50,000 wasn't it? The second of these stipulations being the stumbling block for the GTST.

Both Elsom and Chapman have loans in the club don't they? A point lost to the idiots who call them freeloaders and think they are only on the board for their own ends.

No Golly...at the time it was the best part of £250,000 (either in shares, loans or gaurantees).  It will be considerably more now.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 3:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I never said the GTST were faultless, I also said fresh blood needs to be pumped into the supporters trust, generating fresh ideas and adopting a different approach, parallel to GTFC. Last time people took a small interest in the supporters trust I made clear I would like to to be involved, and although nothing came of it, I'll say it again I'd like to be involved  because I love this club and would rather stand and and speak up instead of not fighting. Instead of waiting for things to go mammaries up and saying "What could we have done?", try making a difference instead of being critical of others attempts.

Also, if you want to get personal, say it to my face tomorrow. . . . .I dare you.

Very well put.  For your information, Emma is posting something on here later today regarding the future of the Trust.

I won't comment on the second paragraph!  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
1mickylyons
September 23, 2011, 3:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from tarka

Very well put.  For your information, Emma is posting something on here later today regarding the future of the Trust.

Having read your posts without comment.I have to say you have left me very dissapointed with the stance you have taken,wether you like it or not for the silent majority your still seen as the Trust figurehead and even though thats probably unfair your comments could make life very difficult for Emma etc who may want to try and reserect the Trust now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
the Grimbarian
September 23, 2011, 3:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from tarka

Better late than never  

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 3:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from tarka
What makes you think that a board of directors would allow multiple non-executive directors?  It'll be one at most!  And to be honest you'll be lucky to get that...it is a good idea but frought with problems, particularly areas of confidentiality or conflict between board members which could mean that the non-exec is asked to leave the room.  In addition, there will be limits as to what the non-exec can report back.

Well I'd be suprised if they let one on too.
What I was getting at is that one board member is unlikely to change anything.

Not knocking anyone but is that the reason one might be allowed but multiple ones wouldn't be ?  
i.e. just as long as it's "all for show" and doesn't actually change anything then it's acceptable ?
Sounds like being thrown a few crumbs from the table...

Anyway not knocking you or anyone and thanks, I appreciate your info...
Reply: 15 - 36
Wrawby_Mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:00pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from the Grimbarian

Better late than never  

Heres an idea . . .Instead of giving someone who has said numerous times in the last 48 hours, he has nothing to do with the trust, try waiting for what the existing trustee's have to say.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 16 - 36
the Grimbarian
September 23, 2011, 4:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
I wish it'll hurry up i cant stand the suspense

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Wrawby_Mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from the Grimbarian
I wish it'll hurry up i cant stand the suspense

Is there any wonder you have no friends Tony??
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 18 - 36
Guttedgate
September 23, 2011, 4:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
A number of points i would like to clarify.
1) I am suggesting that if those who pool there shares in the club wish they can form a "sort of board" to get there ideas to the person who is on the board, not to dictate what goes on while that person is on the board. I am not suggesting multiple non exec directors as that in my opinion would be counter productive, who ever the figure head would be should have experience and ability in football and therefore be able to deliver viewpoints and follow through on projects that could be instigated.
2) I have no doubt the cost of running Blundell park is counter productive in todays financial climate, other than football and very few other activites there is no income generated by the ground and if you couple possible value of the land and parking issues along with the traffic concerns associated with the ground they are all things that could be solved away from there. I may also say that the cost of things like policing Blundell park is more than that of a ground away from the current location.i may also say that i know of one organisation that assist clubs with associated funding of projects and i am sure that along with partnerships and co-habitation policies the cost of moving to a new ground would be greatly reduced!
3)The days of championship football are over (for now) and we have to bring players in that have played and know this level of football, hard centre halfs, winning and leading midfielders and wise and shrude forwards, i appreciate that they have brought in players from Boston and the like but cast the net wide and far there are many players performing week in week out and offering far more value, some earning 50-100 quid a week. beffore anybody says how do i know, i could post a first 11 that would cost less than 5 grand a week and would deliver.
Anyway rant over, if the supporters are as negative as the board maybe the club is better just plodding until the inevitable end but i for one want to do something about it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just an idea?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.