Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just an idea?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 151 Guests

Just an idea?

This thread currently has 3,026 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
September 23, 2011, 4:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Heres an idea . . .Instead of giving someone who has said numerous times in the last 48 hours, he has nothing to do with the trust, try waiting for what the existing trustee's have to say.

Which is all well and good but quite clearly he is still seen by an awful lot of people has being the voice of the Trust and for someone who wants to distance himself from it he doesn`t half like to make it clear he knows whats going on Confused of Gy here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
Wrawby_Mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Which is all well and good but quite clearly he is still seen by an awful lot of people has being the voice of the Trust and for someone who wants to distance himself from it he doesn`t half like to make it clear he knows whats going on Confused of Gy here

Maybe he does know whats going on. . .Its probably not in his position to make a comment, and in fairness to tarka, people are slating what he a trust in which took alot of time and effort in maintaining for sometime, what person would not defend his or her efforts?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 21 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 4:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Fair point...I was just answering questions as best I could whilst making the point that I no longer speak for the Board unless specifically requested to do so.  And of course I know what's going on because I may not be a board member but I still have a passion for the Trust and, more importantly, the Club.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
1mickylyons
September 23, 2011, 4:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from tarka

Fair point...I was just answering questions as best I could whilst making the point that I no longer speak for the Board unless specifically requested to do so.  And of course I know what's going on because I may not be a board member but I still have a passion for the Trust and, more importantly, the Club.

Fantastic response Dave and just what i wanted to provoke from you.Sorry i felt the need however like it or lump it the time for the Trust is NOW and they need to act and they need people like YOU who are prepared to do there bit.I think you should use whatever influence you have to galvanise the Trust past and present and make the call to arms YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A BETTER CHANCE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 4:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Fantastic response Dave and just what i wanted to provoke from you.Sorry i felt the need however like it or lump it the time for the Trust is NOW and they need to act and they need people like YOU who are prepared to do there bit.I think you should use whatever influence you have to galvanise the Trust past and present and make the call to arms YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A BETTER CHANCE.

Thank you.  However, your remarks really need to be made to Emma Blackbourne although I am sure she has read them.  As I said earlier, Emma will be posting something on here later today which I'm sure she hopes will provoke a response.  For my part I've offered my services for whatever they're worth.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
malkamalka
September 23, 2011, 4:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Just being Devil's Advocate here. Let's assume for a moment that it is possible to nominate and get a NED onto the Board. Can that person then become Chairman? If that is the case, and the required shares/votes can be gathered, surely, the person selected should be of the following calibre:

1. Someone with sufficient knowledge and skill to be an acceptable nominee of all shareholders voting;
2. Someone who knows their way around funding and alternative sources of revenue raising for a major project;
3. Someone of a high enough stature to not be worried to much by the antics of Messrs Fenty and Parker;
4. Someone like Richard Bellamy!

The proposal would be for such an identity to lead a NEW board for a minimum term, which would allow the project to take off.

Tarka - Can't the articles related to majority be overturned by the majority shareholder at AGM/EGM - wasn't this how Mr. Fenty obtained his controlling interest in the first place?

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
tarka
September 23, 2011, 5:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from malkamalka
Tarka - Can't the articles related to majority be overturned by the majority shareholder at AGM/EGM - wasn't this how Mr. Fenty obtained his controlling interest in the first place?

I would assume so...but don't quote me!!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 7:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from Guttedgate
A number of points i would like to clarify.
1) I am suggesting that if those who pool there shares in the club wish they can form a "sort of board" to get there ideas to the person who is on the board, not to dictate what goes on while that person is on the board. I am not suggesting multiple non exec directors as that in my opinion would be counter productive, who ever the figure head would be should have experience and ability in football and therefore be able to deliver viewpoints and follow through on projects that could be instigated.

If you're suggesting the "figure head" should have knowledge of football(I agree but can you explain why ?) then would he be able to communicate or even influence those that don't ?
For example, what type of projects are you thinking of ?

Also why would a non exec board be counter productive ?
Would that not be an ideal scenario for fans to become shareholders where they could effectively elect reps and hire and fire ?
What's wrong with multiple supporters/minority shareholders being on the board when Elstrom and Chapman are already on the board and Furneaux was ?!!!

Quoted from Guttedgate
2) I have no doubt the cost of running Blundell park is counter productive in todays financial climate, other than football and very few other activites there is no income generated by the ground and if you couple possible value of the land and parking issues along with the traffic concerns associated with the ground they are all things that could be solved away from there. I may also say that the cost of things like policing Blundell park is more than that of a ground away from the current location.i may also say that i know of one organisation that assist clubs with associated funding of projects and i am sure that along with partnerships and co-habitation policies the cost of moving to a new ground would be greatly reduced!

Points taken and thank you but as I said, where is the money coming from for a new stadium ?
You've also ignored the point I made about improving facilites and profitability at BP ?

Quoted from Guttedgate
3)The days of championship football are over (for now) and we have to bring players in that have played and know this level of football, hard centre halfs, winning and leading midfielders and wise and shrude forwards, i appreciate that they have brought in players from Boston and the like but cast the net wide and far there are many players performing week in week out and offering far more value, some earning 50-100 quid a week. beffore anybody says how do i know, i could post a first 11 that would cost less than 5 grand a week and would deliver.

So you agree the playing budget would be cut ?
What about the youth team ?

Quoted from Guttedgate
Anyway rant over, if the supporters are as negative as the board maybe the club is better just plodding until the inevitable end but i for one want to do something about it!

Not a case of being negative !
You've come up with a proposal that needs more meat on the bone and needs to be fleshed out and debated ?
Reply: 27 - 36
Guttedgate
September 23, 2011, 10:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
In answer to your questions.
1) I didnt say a non exec board would be counter productive, you said about having several on the current board and i belive that in the whole the current board wouldnt except more than one if at all and if you are saying a full non exec board then great idea but that would mean that Fenty and the crew would have to stand down! With regards knowledge i talk of this in the following context, somebody who has experience delivering constant targets at non league level. The projects i am talking of are NHS parnerships, gyms and health developments for example!
2)A more economical modern building would offer greater savings by way of the bills and things like 4g pitches withing clubs facilities would create an income from a branded league. As for the cost an example is the new(ish)stand at Preston, in a partnership with the NHS the 4 million structure was paid for in the whole. Just another example i could also use Salford RFL or Fleetwood who have paid a minute part of there bill.
3)Just because players wouuld be earning less doesnt mean that they are youth team players, bring back the pride and belife in the club and that will help!
I would be happy to chat about what i have written, i am first of all a town supporter and second of all somebody who works in the game, i realise that maybe it all seems far fetched i havent said anything that given time i couldnt pull off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 11:34pm
Guest User
Credit to you for your vision and I believe you, you sound very knowledgable.

All I'm saying is, any proposal needs to be crystal clear and for the fans/shareholders and board to buy into it.

I can debate with you all day, but it's them you need to persuade.

I've tried to persuade fans myself to save their loose change in a jar and I couldn't even do that !

Have you considered talking with GTST on the other thread ? They own shares ?
Not sure if it counts as 1 vote or not but they might have the ability to market/help implement the idea ?
Just a thought.
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just an idea?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.