TWAreaTownSupporter
September 22, 2011, 10:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Rich Boy
GTST have had their own power struggle.

Come on. Tell us. What's this power struggle?

Tell us. Or do you just write down any randonm shitthat comes into your mind?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
forza ivano
September 23, 2011, 9:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
as 1 of the people involved in initially getting the Trust ball rolling I can only echo what tarka said - it was an attempt to get gtfc fans united in a constructive body that would help support the club.at the time there were a number of different bodies (supporters clubs/it's a grim exile/ disabled supporters/ travel clubs/international supporters) who were all supporting the club but doing their own thing, but nost felt that if it could be pulled together under the trust banner we could have a strong body which would a) represent the fans , who many felt had been woefully neglected, b) be a postive voice for change and c) raise money/suupport for the club in a time of need.
the initial meeting was superb, but unfortunately since then it has gone steadily downhill. the prime reason for this was that the enthusiasts were in the main living out of gy. for the Trust to regain ground it needs a body of committed enthusiasts from the gy area.Trouble is there is no evidence  in the 10(?) years of the Trusts existence that there is that body of people within Town's supporter base.
as seems so unfortunately usual, gy fans are brilliant in their moaning from the sidelines but hugley incapable of getting off their backsides and doing something about it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
Denby
September 23, 2011, 9:46am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from aldi_01
I didn't join the trust because in honesty I didn't see what joining would achieve and what the trust would achieve. It's going back to this elitist idea of who is a better football fan than the next person...surely my continued purchasing of a season ticket, shirt, scarf and trips away as well as cup games etc is equally as important as those in the trust, I still go when judging from comments, some don't. My choice I know and theirs too but one can't start saying who is a bigger fan thanthe next etc...

maybe we should have a poll for who is the best fan, my vote goes to john fenty, obviously
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
the Grimbarian
September 23, 2011, 11:59am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Mine goes to tarka any others??

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
STB
September 23, 2011, 12:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
My vote goes to fannies.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
tarka
September 23, 2011, 2:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from the Grimbarian
Mine goes to tarka any others??

Awwwwww.....thanks Tony.  I'm touched xx

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
Super Clive
September 23, 2011, 4:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Quoted from tarka

Awwwwww.....thanks Tony.  I'm touched xx

Is this the tony that was in the GET after the match on Tuesday with another bloke being interview in the IMP car park ?

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk.....28-detail/story.html
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
tarka
September 23, 2011, 5:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Super Clive

Is this the tony that was in the GET after the match on Tuesday with another bloke being interview in the IMP car park ?

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk.....28-detail/story.html

lol...the very same!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
TimMickleburgh
September 23, 2011, 10:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +4 / -5
You mean the cad with the strange voice?

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 24, 2011, 12:14am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Come on Rich Boy. What's this power struggle that the Trust have been involved in?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTST - Very Quiet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.