moosey_club
September 21, 2011, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Haha,

vast majority of Town fans are not interested in the supporters trust, been running how long? how many members? they have virtually given up (certainly on big ideas of a place on the board due to lack of general interest).
Things look a bit uncertain and suddenly people start saying they have been quiet, what are the trust doing !!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
Rich Boy
September 21, 2011, 10:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
GTST have had their own power struggle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
aldi_01
September 21, 2011, 11:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They may well have but considering you'd regard people involved with the trust to be the sort that travel everywhere to watch town and support them no matter what it seems some have jumped ship since we've been shite...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
Wrawby_Mariner
September 21, 2011, 11:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aldi_01
They may well have but considering you'd regard people involved with the trust to be the sort that travel everywhere to watch town and support them no matter what it seems some have jumped ship since we've been shite...

It just needs fresh blood pumping into it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 13 - 60
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 21, 2011, 11:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Rich Boy

Oh really? Do tell us more?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 21, 2011, 11:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
3 of the stalwarts of the Trust Board are mates of mine and while I can't and don't speak for them, I'd say that years of effort and hard work resulted in very little interest from the majority of Town fans. I've got a good idea of the effort put in year after year. So I wouldn't blame anyone for losing heart.

Like all supporters trusts, GTST is a member driven organisation. If members want to and are able to put themselves forward for the board or help in any capacity then the door's open. If any non-members want to make a difference they can join and put themselves forward. If no one puts in a shift then nothing happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
Wrawby_Mariner
September 21, 2011, 11:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
3 of the stalwarts of the Trust Board are mates of mine and while I can't and don't speak for them, I'd say that years of effort and hard work resulted in very little interest from the majority of Town fans. I've got a good idea of the effort put in year after year. So I wouldn't blame anyone for losing heart.

Like all supporters trusts, GTST is a member driven organisation. If members want to and are able to put themselves forward for the board or help in any capacity then the door's open. If any non-members want to make a difference they can join and put themselves forward. If no one puts in a shift then nothing happens.

Well said that man
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 16 - 60
the Grimbarian
September 22, 2011, 12:28am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Theres more chance of the Titanic being raised than this ever succeeding anyway what was the power struggle all about is it more than Tarka was letting on??

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
tarka
September 22, 2011, 4:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from the Grimbarian
The ex cbairmans of the GTST quote

"There is still a Board in existance and the Trust still owns 20,000 shares.  Sadly, though, there wasn't the appetite to move on from that position and a number of Board members lost heart"

So theres the answer to your question!!

I think if you read that quote a little more carefully you will realise that it was written in the past tense.  "A number of Board members lost heart" does not refer to present Board members as I am sure even you will understand (and before you ask...no, I wasn't referring to myself. My decision to leave the Board was for wholly different reasons)..

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
tarka
September 22, 2011, 4:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Rich Boy

Absolute nonsense.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTST - Very Quiet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.