7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
tarka
September 22, 2011, 6:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
No, it isn't true....I can't speak for the present Board so I won't even try.  However, my motivation for joining the Trust (and the Board for that matter) was not to be a better or more superior fan but because I believed in the concept of supporter involvement in running football clubs.  This of course was quite a difficult concept to sell to others whilst everything seemed rosy and stable at the top with a multi-millionaire Chairman at the helm.

Despite that problem and a lack of numbers joining we did raise twenty odd thousand (most of which was within the period of the "Keep the Mariners Afloat" campaign). We also developed good links with the football club and John Fenty in particular.

After seven years as Chairman I had to leave because of what was going on in my life but, quite frankly, I would have been tempted to go anyway.  More than just apathy, there seems to be a general feeling of "what will the Trust do for me?" which is totally missing the point! The Trust is OUR opportunity as fans to have an influence on what happens at Grimsby Town but for it to succeed WE have to participate and help. For whatever reason (probably my own failings) we failed to get people to understand that point.

It isn't the end of the world however and the Trust is not beyond saving if people wish to do that.

On a final point, Grimbarian....I realise you are not the sharpest pencil in the case but can you please get this into that neolithic cranium of yours, I am no longer a member of the Board of GTST.  You can behave like a fly that desperately needs swatting if you like and your constant little digs may give you some sort of peverse satisfaction (and I think the subject of what gives you satisfaction has been well documented in previous threads) but your comments are futile as I don't think there is a current member of the Board who reads this messageboard with any degree of regularity!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
voice of reason
September 22, 2011, 7:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from tarka
No, it isn't true....I can't speak for the present Board so I won't even try.  However, my motivation for joining the Trust (and the Board for that matter) was not to be a better or more superior fan but because I believed in the concept of supporter involvement in running football clubs.  This of course was quite a difficult concept to sell to others whilst everything seemed rosy and stable at the top with a multi-millionaire Chairman at the helm.

Despite that problem and a lack of numbers joining we did raise twenty odd thousand (most of which was within the period of the "Keep the Mariners Afloat" campaign). We also developed good links with the football club and John Fenty in particular.

After seven years as Chairman I had to leave because of what was going on in my life but, quite frankly, I would have been tempted to go anyway.  More than just apathy, there seems to be a general feeling of "what will the Trust do for me?" which is totally missing the point! The Trust is OUR opportunity as fans to have an influence on what happens at Grimsby Town but for it to succeed WE have to participate and help. For whatever reason (probably my own failings) we failed to get people to understand that point.

It isn't the end of the world however and the Trust is not beyond saving if people wish to do that.

On a final point, Grimbarian....I realise you are not the sharpest pencil in the case but can you please get this into that neolithic cranium of yours, I am no longer a member of the Board of GTST.  You can behave like a fly that desperately needs swatting if you like and your constant little digs may give you some sort of peverse satisfaction (and I think the subject of what gives you satisfaction has been well documented in previous threads) but your comments are futile as I don't think there is a current member of the Board who reads this messageboard with any degree of regularity!

Genuine question Tarka... Are those that was last involved with the trust when you was there still interested in moving things forward...??? I understand you may not know the answer if you haven't been involved for a while...

Would you ever be interested in getting involved with it again...???

How can the trust be saved if no-one responds to people, as in Will Haddocks case...???

Why has Grimbarian got such an obsession and downer on the trust...??? Have you any idea...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
tarka
September 22, 2011, 7:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from voice of reason

Genuine question Tarka... Are those that was last involved with the trust when you was there still interested in moving things forward...??? I understand you may not know the answer if you haven't been involved for a while...

Would you ever be interested in getting involved with it again...???

How can the trust be saved if no-one responds to people, as in Will Haddocks case...???

Why has Grimbarian got such an obsession and downer on the trust...??? Have you any idea...???

I am sure the current Board members would consider moving things forward again IF more people (and particularly local people) were prepared to be involved.  Far be it from me to speak for Emma but I know that she is restricted on what she can do because of the fact that she lives out of town and has a demanding job which often takes her out of the country.

I feel the Trust could be saved but there would need to be a real indication of willingness from people!

Grimberian? Oh, who knows!  He was criticising the Trust before it was even formed!!  I think he's an attention seeker and he finds GTST an easy way of getting it.  

In terms of my involvement I would be prepared to reconsider but only if there was an indication of greater involvement from others...the job was soul destroying at times and I have no intention of putting myself through that again.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
voice of reason
September 22, 2011, 7:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from tarka

I am sure the current Board members would consider moving things forward again IF more people (and particularly local people) were prepared to be involved.  Far be it from me to speak for Emma but I know that she is restricted on what she can do because of the fact that she lives out of town and has a demanding job which often takes her out of the country.

I feel the Trust could be saved but there would need to be a real indication of willingness from people!

Grimberian? Oh, who knows!  He was criticising the Trust before it was even formed!!  I think he's an attention seeker and he finds GTST an easy way of getting it.  

In terms of my involvement I would be prepared to reconsider but only if there was an indication of greater involvement from others...the job was soul destroying at times and I have no intention of putting myself through that again.

Fair enough... Thanks for the answers... Maybe there could be some sort of release in the telegraph asking people to respond if they're interested in joining the trust and committing themselves in some sort of way...??? Can't really think of any other way of being able to gauge people's opinion...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
the Grimbarian
September 22, 2011, 8:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Im still waiting for the slander and libel paper you promised Tarka ill even PM you my address if you want it and BTW this was because i critised the Trust from start to finish and ended up being threatened with this by GTST.Ill give Grim Rob and Billo credit as thery didnt ban me or interfere with what was put on the MB by me when I was doing all this and the deplorable thing about this is even a member of my family were approached by a GTST Board member at the time of all this going on moaning at him about what i was doing.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
tarka
September 22, 2011, 9:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
I'll give you one thing...you're persistant. Bless xxx
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
the Grimbarian
September 22, 2011, 9:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Im just being honest about the situation which is something youre incapable of doing and people know this by the reaction you give.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
tarka
September 22, 2011, 9:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Keep going son...get it off your chest.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 22, 2011, 10:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from the Grimbarian
my family were approached by a GTST Board member at the time of all this going on moaning at him about what i was doing.

If I was a member of your family I'd try and keep it quiet. I'd be embarrassed.

You're like one of those nutters who writes "green" letters of complaint to the BBC about everything.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 22, 2011, 10:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from aldi_01
I didn't join the trust because in honesty I didn't see what joining would achieve and what the trust would achieve. It's going back to this elitist idea of who is a better football fan than the next person...surely my continued purchasing of a season ticket, shirt, scarf and trips away as well as cup games etc is equally as important as those in the trust, I still go when judging from comments, some don't. My choice I know and theirs too but one can't start saying who is a bigger fan thanthe next etc...

What gives you that idea? Genuinely, I'm interested how you could come to this conclusion.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTST - Very Quiet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.