This thread currently has 5,292 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
hazdy
September 21, 2011, 4:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +15
If you ask me, it's sounding more like Mike Parker has been fairly cute with his dealings. He said he's invested around £1.25M to Fenty's £2M, yet as Fenty's investment is significantly in the form of director's loans, Parker ends up as Fenty's boss.

His loans are now at Parker's mercy if he puts the club into admin and most of them get written off.

Looks like another one of Fenty's (and the board's) poor decisions in allowing Parker to work this way. Fenty has now finally realised that Parker isn't going to come good with his promises of matched financial support for the club, whilst it seems Parker cynically expects Fenty to keep bankrolling it in any case.

I'm not a fan of Fenty's, but the way Parker spat out his dummy in March and the shenanigans that have gone on since mean he's not the replacement I would want at BP - neither him or one of his croinies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 4:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
you're not quite right golly, but i'm not quite as right as you!

http://www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=201010191330356356U

here's the announcement from a year ago. this shows that there are 250,000 shares floating about not owned by f & p

parker now owns 54%, which by my reckoning (and presuming neither fenty or anyone else have bought shares in the interim) means that parker has bought c£390k of shares,giving him 890,000 shares, fenty 500,000 and the rest 250,000 (=1,640,00 shares x 54% =885,600)

therefore if fenty were to buy 500,000 of shares the total number becomes 2,140,00 of which he owns 1,000,000 so becoming the biggest shareholder, but still not at the threshold where he would need to offer to buy out all the other shareholders.
course what we'd need to know is how many more unissued shares there are for purchase and who is the 3rd biggest shareholder and would they then hold the balance of power?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
Quagmire
September 21, 2011, 5:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
As bad a Chairman as he is he'd have to pull something extra special out of the hat to create anything other than boardroom harmony in amongst a board of his own yes men and free loaders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
malkamalka
September 21, 2011, 5:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
B ugger me - and everybody thought Peter Furneaux was bad

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
bradzmilne
September 21, 2011, 6:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Stop using the club as a child in a divorce, and sort it out, you stupid tw@ts. Its our clubs future your playing with

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
voice of reason
September 21, 2011, 6:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from bradzmilne
Stop using the club as a child in a divorce, and sort it out, you stupid tw@ts. Its our clubs future your playing with

When citing or quoting others work it's normally expected you should highlight the original author of that work... Wouldn't to get accused of plageurism...    

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
bradzmilne
September 21, 2011, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from voice of reason

When citing or quoting others work it's normally expected you should highlight the original author of that work... Wouldn't to get accused of plageurism...    

? youve lost me mate

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
jock dock tower
September 21, 2011, 6:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from voice of reason

Errr....plagiarism. Couldn't accuse you of such

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
AndyGTFC
September 21, 2011, 6:53pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Mike resigned because of Peter Furneaux...

I didn't resign because of Peter Furneaux...

Yes, you did Mike...

I don't want to be chairman...

Yes you do Mike...

It's flipping ridiculous. They're grown men. Get together and sort this excrement out because you're playing with the future of something that a lot of people have spent so much time and money on over the years and you're playing with the future of something that a lot of people care about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
voice of reason
September 21, 2011, 6:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from jock dock tower

Errr....plagiarism. Couldn't accuse you of such

Haha, thanks for that... Knew it was wrong but couldn't be arsed to check the correct spelling...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF Statement on the OS 21/09

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.