6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
voice of reason
September 21, 2011, 2:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from RoboCod
It just muddies the water further. It's fine saying things like "Those comments, Mr Parker made, had the potential to lead to volatility and public disorder, when a large gathering of fans were waiting to lynch the remaining directors after being branded 'not forward thinking'"
but what is the evidence to show that we're NOT stuck with a backward thinking bunch of stooges who have claimed a board place with a tiny cash input? Public disorder? Lynching? I seem to remember a rather low key turnout in the car park.

I just hope this personal battle is not going to drag on and on.

Prepare to be disappointed...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 57
ginnywings
September 21, 2011, 2:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from voice of reason
If he wanted to carry on funding the club all he would have to do is purchase more shares in order to regain a controlling interest... The point is he doesn't want to... That's how I see it anyway....

Apparently not according to Fenty.

He says in the statement that "equating" his shares doesn't solve the problem.

Someone ought to knock their heads together,childish pair of fookers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
voice of reason
September 21, 2011, 2:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from ginnywings

I can't see how it doesn't solve the problem though...??? If he buys enough shares he will have majority shareholding... Agree with you though, none of them are coming out of this looking good, although I would still prefer MP over JF any day of the week...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 57
September 21, 2011, 2:43pm
Guest User
Neither of these two are coming out of this spat with any credit. Each statement and counter statement is damaging the club and putting off anyone daft enough to consider working with either of these two major shareholders.

A real chasm between MP and JF is evident. For Godsake, have some decorum, shut your mouths, leave that keyboard alone, get together and work things out for the good of this great football club. I haven't had any dealings with Mike Parker, I have always found John Fenty approachable but I am disgusted he has published extracts of Mike Parker's e-mail on the clubs official site - we are an utter laughing stock, a joke and I am getting angrier by the minute.
Reply: 13 - 57
Fishbone
September 21, 2011, 2:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 1
This mammary for tat, "he said, she said" mentality is not only confusing but also futile. Can the pair of them not at least start to clarify the various potential scenarios for resolution in the best interests of the club as a whole? It would be a much healthier starting point which might clarify the type of involvement potential new, previous or existing members of the board might look at and possibly give the fans some crumbs of certainty, if not security, at such a troubling time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 2:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from ginnywings

i'd love to know why it doesn't solve the problem - buying 350k of shares puts him exactly back where he was - majority shareholder and in charge of the club. unless of course that buying shares does not suit his present agenda................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
grimsby pete
September 21, 2011, 2:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
They both want their heads banging together,

It's our club they are playing silly games with,

Thank you both for your money , now urine off and leave it for someone else to run.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
Rodley Mariner
September 21, 2011, 2:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from 75
Neither of these two are coming out of this spat with any credit. Each statement and counter statement is damaging the club and putting off anyone daft enough to consider working with either of these two major shareholders.

A real chasm between MP and JF is evident. For Godsake, have some decorum, shut your mouths, leave that keyboard alone, get together and work things out for the good of this great football club. I haven't had any dealings with Mike Parker, I have always found John Fenty approachable but I am disgusted he has published extracts of Mike Parker's e-mail on the clubs official site - we are an utter laughing stock, a joke and I am getting angrier by the minute.

Sums up my thoughts entirely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 57
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 2:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
ps anyone else get the impression that parker will be mightily pleased by the reaction he has provoked - a long,rambling, disingenuous, misspelt attempt at rewriting history?

result: fenty looks like a little boy flailing around in all directions, with fans thinking increasingly negative things about him, his motives and his reaction to events
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
September 21, 2011, 2:50pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano

i'd love to know why it doesn't solve the problem - buying 350k of shares puts him exactly back where he was - majority shareholder and in charge of the club. unless of course that buying shares does not suit his present agenda................

Fair point, I think! But wouldn't Parker have to agree to sell them? (sorry, I don't understand it all).
Reply: 19 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF Statement on the OS 21/09

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.