Private Message
headingly_mariner
September 21, 2011, 2:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
I thought we wouldn't have to read any of his long winded statements on the OS anymore now he is not chairman. Basically says he is unlikely to commit the money he has promised for the rest of the season.

He doesn't want to do an interview so no-one can ask him any difficult questions.

Using the club website as his mouthpiece is cheap as is revealing personal emails.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 57
Keelbysaint
September 21, 2011, 2:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
his comments are fair.

Parker owns the majority of the club, yet it is fenty who is running it (in an untenable position) and funding it. This is not sustainable, nor desirable. One thought. Has parker put money in and converted it to shares, basically making this position arise, where he can either assume control of the club cheaply, or he will get his money back, as fenty or another will now have to buy him out? Leaving the money as a loan would potentially mean he would never get the money back.

So parker has the controlling interest, fenty has said he wont fund this.

thats what I take from this transcript anyway. We will never know the truth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
davmariner
September 21, 2011, 2:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Wish I had to money to buy-out these two cretins (MP and JF) and ban them from coming anywhere near Blundell Park.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
Rodley Mariner
September 21, 2011, 2:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
I thought the statement was the usual self serving, waffling drivel. I also agree that leaking e-mails sent between the two of them is extremely unprofessional as is using the official site as his own personal mouthpiece. Also, why can't somebody proof-read them before they're put up for everybody to see? It really does look urine poor publishing something with so many errors.

I'm already completely sick of Fenty and Parker publically playing these pathetic games. I think they're showing a contempt for the fans of the club with these rambling statements, each one of which seems to further confuse the situation.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
Wrawby_Mariner
September 21, 2011, 2:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
In fairness to JF why should he fund the club on his own while he is not the highest shareholder
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 5 - 57
voice of reason
September 21, 2011, 2:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
If he wanted to carry on funding the club all he would have to do is purchase more shares in order to regain a controlling interest... The point is he doesn't want to... That's how I see it anyway....

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
Biccys
September 21, 2011, 2:33pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I have a bad feeling about this............

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 57
Super Clive
September 21, 2011, 2:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
This John Fenty bloke sounds like a right male masturbator.........

Why does he do it? He makes himself look more of a nobhead every time he writes a statement.

I pray this man never has anything to do with GTFC ever again  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
RoboCod
September 21, 2011, 2:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It just muddies the water further. It's fine saying things like "Those comments, Mr Parker made, had the potential to lead to volatility and public disorder, when a large gathering of fans were waiting to lynch the remaining directors after being branded 'not forward thinking'"
but what is the evidence to show that we're NOT stuck with a backward thinking bunch of stooges who have claimed a board place with a tiny cash input? Public disorder? Lynching? I seem to remember a rather low key turnout in the car park.

I just hope this personal battle is not going to drag on and on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF Statement on the OS 21/09

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.