6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Chris
September 21, 2011, 10:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from petethemariner

Slade or not (personally  i was against both him and Woods) is irrelevant to me, what is crystal clear is JF lied to the fans for the reasons in giving NW the job,' not a cheap option, root and branch change 'etc a massive decision for a then league club and what else is also crystal clear is Elsom and Chapman being Fenty's puppet directors, there for one reason and one reason only - to make sure JF got his way.
No wonder we are in the mire now.

He's hardly going to turn around and say "he's not who we want but he won't cost much" is he?????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
Chris
September 21, 2011, 10:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
Rubbish.

"Unlucky" ? Maybe Slade is being "unlucky" right now with his current poor run?  A bit like Alan Buckley was "unlucky" with his EIGHT straight defeats in his last stint here.
An manager with no experience is the poorest choice possible for a team already in the bottom two.

Rubbish? Is that referring to your own post? I gathered as much..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
RoboCod
September 21, 2011, 10:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Jeez. Bye bye.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
Chris
September 21, 2011, 10:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Don't throw it out if you can't take it FFS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
ginnywings
September 21, 2011, 10:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RoboCod

Yes. I KNOW !!! I was one of them, so why was the whole appointment between just Slade and Woods ? They seemed to be the ONLY choice to this board. When pressed to choose between Slade with his experience in management and Woods with NONE, I know who would have had the MUCH better chance of keeping us up and I would have been quite prepared to put previous grievances aside to preserve League status. And as Fenty now claims to be still be best buddies with Slade you can only conclude that Woods was the cheap option.

Exactly.I was one of hose who didn't want Slade back either but given the choice between him and the novice Woods,there was no contest with our league status on the line.

But surely there were other candidates with experience out there?

This whole episode just stinks of rank amatuerism and people who know nothing about football matters on the pitch.To compound the decision,they then let Woods loose with a sizeable budget in the BSP,of which he had no knowledge and had proved with his winless streak that he wasn't up to the task.

Another little part of my love for GTFC has just ebbed away.No wonder the crowds are dropping like a stone.

When i rang my brother the other night to ask if he had heard the news about Fenty,he said he didn't care any more and if the club went bust tomorrow,it would be preferable to the circus it had become.I couldn't believe he would think that way after being a supporter for 40 yrs like me,but i am now beginning to think he may be right.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
petethemariner
September 21, 2011, 10:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Chris

He's hardly going to turn around and say "he's not who we want but he won't cost much" is he?????

No, honesty  seemingly doesn't have much place in society now, just replaced by BS - my point is though, if he was disingenuous about that, what else has he been disingenuous about?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
RoboCod
September 21, 2011, 10:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from ginnywings

Exactly.I was one of hose who didn't want Slade back either but given the choice between him and the novice Woods,there was no contest with our league status on the line.

But surely there were other candidates with experience out there?

Yes. And this is point is not even being mentioned, hidden as it is by the current fall out and some fans constantly looking behind them, trying to justify the poor appointments that have led to our non League position. I know the feeling with regards to your brother, I'm finding it hard to find any of the older fans who used to go that don't greet the topic of Town with anything more than a shrug of the shoulders, like it's a terminal, non-reversable fact that we're going under and as a mere 'fan' we have no say in it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
Sigone
September 21, 2011, 10:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
I wonder if having both could of been an option.  Woods would of taken Assistant Managers job.  Ah well all water under the bridge.  Tomorrows another day,  I hope.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
Chris
September 21, 2011, 10:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Wiser people than I have suggested we should have done just that, although the name mentioned to help his was AB.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
biggles9999
September 21, 2011, 10:55am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
I might be wrong but wasnt Parker part of the board at the time?

Therefore he could have had a vote for Woods also...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty - Woods was cheap option

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.