6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
AdamHaddock
September 17, 2011, 5:56pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Pretty average performance I thought today. We were slow, indecisive, and too often players don't seem on the same wavelength. Balls being lumped over the top with forwards not making the runs.

Duffy and Wood had decent games - the latter with a cracking pass to put Hearn through but he pulled a decent save out of the keeper. I think that was the only save their keeper had to make. Makofo was his usual self - caused problems with his pace but no real end product. Had to be taken off as he was heading for a red.

I didn't applaud at the end as I don't think they deserved it but equally unwarranted was the abuse and hand gestures that some pathetic goon was making at I'anson and Southwell - two players who were unused subs and had nothing to with the performance. Oh well, at least I'm not on a long trip home.  

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Harry Haddock
September 17, 2011, 6:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
There'll always be some goons ready to have a go as soon as we lose. I'm sure the likes on realityman, CU etc will be along soon ...  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
upthestripes
September 17, 2011, 6:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from AdamHaddock

I think that was the only save their keeper had to make.

6 shots on target, 3 off, according to BBC

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
AndyDarloFC
September 17, 2011, 6:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
How many Town fans made the journey mate?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 54
maxfox44
September 17, 2011, 6:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
I suppose it was just one of those games, nothing to shout about.  Bring on Tuesday.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
AdamHaddock
September 17, 2011, 6:11pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Really?   Don't know where they got that from

Don't know how many town fans were there. They didn't announce it. Definitely a good turnout though.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
upthestripes
September 17, 2011, 6:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
How many Town fans made the journey mate?

I heard it was around 550 - slightly shy of the 800+ some predicted!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
chipsandgravy
September 17, 2011, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Most of the Town low life was sat at the front today and started arguing amongst themselves. The moron who did the hand gestures was a real gem of an individual all afternoon. He wasnt too bright as was his mates. As for the match there  was one thing that stuck out for me and that was how unbelievably poor Coulson was today. He never really once looked like he was interested in taking his man on once. Shadow of player he was and was so lucky to be kept on for 90 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
Chrisblor
September 17, 2011, 6:15pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,961
Gold Stars: 241
We were absolutely shite today. We only forced their keeper into one save decent all game (Duffy in the first half, Hearn had an effort saved in the second but he struck it right at the keeper) and every cross/corner was a shitty floated effort that he had no trouble coming out and claiming. We gifted them both of their goals too, Green decided he was going to slip over and give their winger all day to pick his spot for the first and Wood was hopelessly flat footed for the second allowing their striker to run ahead of him and nod past McKeown.

The midfield was hopeless, we didn't try and play the ball around, instead everything was knocked long down the channels for Hearn to chase and it didn't work at all. Disley was anonymous, Makofo again offers no end product, Artus spent most of the game unsuccessfully hoofing the ball into the channels and Coulson was poor too - his only real contribution to the game being two awful shots, neither of which went anywhere near the goal. Duffy managed to head the one decent cross we put in all day miles over the bar. Elding was excrement and fat and did nothing again when he came on, Eagle didn't impose himself and at least Church ran around a bit and tried to break up play when he came on. I'd only say Kempson, Pearson and McKeown came out of the game with any credit.

Stockport weren't anything special but we made it easy for them today.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
80sglory
September 17, 2011, 6:21pm
Guest User
Appreciate the report Chris, sounds very believable.  
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.