6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
September 17, 2011, 6:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
We were pants. Had 3 chances in last 5 mins and didn't even force a proper save. When Hearn was put through he could have put it almost anywhere other virtually directly at the keeper. He must have playd against some really dodgy keepers lat season if he was the leagues top scorer.
Stockport 1st to every ball. We sat back all game like at FGR but we weren't playing a bunch off parttimers and they rang rings round us. No one apart from Wood or Makofo seemed to want to put in a tackle. It looked as if we playing a practice game.
We were slow, half hearted, disorganised in defence and midfield. We only started to play when 2 down and Stockport sat back and let us come on to them. Even when we created a couple of chances there was no excitement from the fans, almost as if we knew we wouldn't score.
We need to push up and attack right from the start every game and hope to outscore teams  
Waste of my time and money today. Mid table mediocrity for the 2nd year running beckons. Hope Fenty can afford it

Best players Wood, erm thats it, Makofo nearly made things happen otherwise it was like pumping bilgewater, (a load of sh1t)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
psgmariner
September 17, 2011, 6:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Chrisblor
We were absolutely shite today. We only forced their keeper into one save decent all game (Duffy in the first half, Hearn had an effort saved in the second but he struck it right at the keeper) and every cross/corner was a shitty floated effort that he had no trouble coming out and claiming. We gifted them both of their goals too, Green decided he was going to slip over and give their winger all day to pick his spot for the first and Wood was hopelessly flat footed for the second allowing their striker to run ahead of him and nod past McKeown.

The midfield was hopeless, we didn't try and play the ball around, instead everything was knocked long down the channels for Hearn to chase and it didn't work at all. Disley was anonymous, Makofo again offers no end product, Artus spent most of the game unsuccessfully hoofing the ball into the channels and Coulson was poor too - his only real contribution to the game being two awful shots, neither of which went anywhere near the goal. Duffy managed to head the one decent cross we put in all day miles over the bar. Elding was excrement and fat and did nothing again when he came on, Eagle didn't impose himself and at least Church ran around a bit and tried to break up play when he came on. I'd only say Kempson, Pearson and McKeown came out of the game with any credit.

Stockport weren't anything special but we made it easy for them today.

Pretty fair summary. Reminded me of the Fleetwood away game last season (ie a very comfortable win for the home side).

Nobody played well and thought Coulson and Wood were very poor.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
bobbyturtle
September 17, 2011, 6:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
how many changes for tuesday do you think there will be? a start for church perhaps

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
psgmariner
September 17, 2011, 6:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from bobbyturtle
how many changes for tuesday do you think there will be? a start for church perhaps

I would certainly drop Wood. Really don't get what people see him. He certainly isn't very good at RB.

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
Chrisblor
September 17, 2011, 6:50pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,962
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from bobbyturtle

Church should start for either Disley or Artus. Coulson needs a kick up the bottom so i'd consider dropping him for Eagle and swapping Makofo over to the right. I would like to see Wood dropped because even though he tries hard, I don't think he's a very good defender at all but unfortunately it doesn't look like Silk will be fit for a while. Thanoj deserves another go in the team and I would like to see Southwell involved too.

Even though Coulson has been poor so far this season, i'd like to see how he does up front alongside Hearn. I really don't think much to Duffy - apart from goalscoring, which he doesn't do very much of, his contribution to the team is minimal.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
fulham gy
September 17, 2011, 6:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
I fully agree with Chris Blor. We were terrible. I went with a couple of lads who don't often go and don't think they will go for a while saying they thought it was the worst performance they had actually seen from a Town team!

I actually was quite excited before the game, thinking bit of confidence from the last two games, a pretty big away following would promote a bit of passion and commitment but to be fair we saw fook all!

Artus was so quite it was un true, Serge too greedy and offered zip! I actually thought the left back played ok other than his slip and Church & Eagle did ok - enough to start next match.

As for Scott all I saw do was him swearing at Hearn for not chasing a hoof over the top which he was never gonna get, throwing his arms about in the dug out and then coming out of the dug out at full tim turning straight down the tunnel and not even acknowledging the large following of town fans.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
Chrisblor
September 17, 2011, 6:52pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

I would certainly drop Wood. Really don't get what people see him. He certainly isn't very good at RB.

He's a 'tryer' and fans love a tryer who runs around giving daft free kicks away from being overly agressive, even if it means he's out of position all the time and caught ball watching when he should be defending. I don't know why he bothers with taking long throw-ins all the time, we never create anything from them. The reason Stoke have so much success is because Delap can throw a ball hard with a straight trajectory, like a cross. Wood's long throw-in's are slow 'rainbow-esque' lobs that defenders have no trouble with. Today he threw one straight into the flipping keepers hands.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
fulham gy
September 17, 2011, 6:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
I also think there was more than 550 there maybe 6-650
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
Chrisblor
September 17, 2011, 7:02pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
I've been slightly harsh on Elding by saying he did nothing. He did try and score from the most acute angle possible when stood on the flipping bye-line, which obviously didn't work. Why he didn't try and chip it to the back post or attempt to pick someone out in the six yard box god only knows. Maybe because he's fat and excrement?

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
Roast Em Bobby
September 17, 2011, 7:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Most of the Town low life was sat at the front today and started arguing amongst themselves.

Mr Burns was once again at the heart of it. Why that idiot hasn't been banned is beyond me. Not a brain cell between him and his mates - utter scum.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.