arryarryarry
September 18, 2011, 2:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from headingly_mariner
am i the only person who thought Stockport were a fine example of a footballing side?
They moved the ball really well, there movement was far superior to ours and they were patient and kept the ball from us by passing it along the floor.

We were good for about the first minute and then as soon as they stared playing football we ran out of ideas. This is the most direct Town side i have ever seen.
Thought the ginger lad in the middle of the park was excellent for them.

I agree with you, I was quite impresed with them and thought they were easily the better side, and they should be there or there abouts at the end of the season, only one defeat so far, shame you can't same the same about us.

Not sure about those claiming Kempson and Pearson played well, you have to ask the question where were they when Stockport scored their second goal, Bardley Wood all 4' 6" of him marking some 7' giant. I agree he should have done better but Kempson or Pearson should have been marking him.  

The ginger lad was Nolan who was there man of the match and I have to agree.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
ponnyfan
September 18, 2011, 6:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Mr Burns    that is so funny!

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
Kris Mustampa
September 18, 2011, 8:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Stockport were, as others have said, much the better side on the day but in some ways they looked like Town from last season. McKeown was hardly over worked was he?

I read on several different thread about the Town line up being wrong but had H&S changed the team and formation, but we still lost then the same posters would have been giveing it large about why the hell did they change a winning team.

We arent going to win every game. We are very much a 'work in progress' team and there will be a few steps backwards as well as forwards.

I expect changes for Tuesday and would certainly hope to see Eagle given his first start.

After last weeks good win this site was a little site but much busier after an ineffective performance and a loss. Town certainly have a fair few who would rather moan, even those who rarely go to games!

6 points in the next week could lead to a quiet time on here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
James77
September 18, 2011, 10:47am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
Stockport weren't great but they were better than I expected them to be. They closed us down quickly, our midfield got stretched and seemed to struggle to hold its shape. Their first goal was a good finish but the chance was created when Green (?) slipped on the wet surface, losing his man.

Our balls into the area weren't good - despite plenty of corners and crosses, I can't remember many (any?) that landed on a Town head.

Best thing about the day was the pubs in Stockport (always good) and the fact that we didn't get rained on while in the open seating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
codcheeky
September 18, 2011, 11:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
I AM EMARRASSED BY THE CYBER BULLYING OF THIS MR BURNS CHARACTER,  wasn`t there yesterday so cant say but some on here should have the balls to speak directly to him, I believe i know who you are talking about and if so i spoke to him at FGR and have at other games, he is a dedicated town fan who goes to most games, to say he just turns up with all the thugs is completly misleading, people bragging about the good old days of the boot boys should be the very very last to say anything at all
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
Roast Em Bobby
September 18, 2011, 11:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
I bloody will say something to him directly if I ever see him on his own. I've seen him be the cause of trouble at 3 games in the last 2 years, so don't claim he is innocent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
codcheeky
September 18, 2011, 11:34am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
As I say i wasnt there yesterday or at burton, but have been to most southern games in the last 3 years and he has been at most and I personally havent seen him cause trouble. I am not defending him, and maybe he is different when in a mob or more likely full of beer but to say he always causes trouble is a lie, being an embarrassment is not or as it ever been a crime
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
Super Clive
September 18, 2011, 12:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from codcheeky
I AM EMARRASSED BY THE CYBER BULLYING OF THIS MR BURNS CHARACTER,  wasn`t there yesterday so cant say but some on here should have the balls to speak directly to him, I believe i know who you are talking about and if so i spoke to him at FGR and have at other games, he is a dedicated town fan who goes to most games, to say he just turns up with all the thugs is completly misleading, people bragging about the good old days of the boot boys should be the very very last to say anything at all

to say he just turns up with all the thugs is completly misleading

Yep sure is, the pleb only mouths it when he's with the boys, at york last year he was on his own with no boys in sight and this york fan came up to him and started being aggressive, what did burnise do ? started being all matey with him the goon, I have seen him at a few away games and only kicks off when his boys are with him .

And for the burton thing about him not getting done, someone in this thread was bang on the money, Grass.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
AdamHaddock
September 18, 2011, 12:57pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Another thing that disappointed me was that we didn't sing Prodigy's "Take me to the hospital"  

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.