This thread currently has 5,665 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
September 5, 2011, 11:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'm aboard, and to anyone who says it's mad to talk of the play offs: look at the maths. Look at the form. Look at the games in hand. Look at the squad. Look at the confidence.

Believe

24th two weeks ago to the playoffs come May!!!
That would be a turnaround!
Can it be done?

of course it can be done, but can WE do it lol

The thing is two weeks ago many of us could not see where the next win could come from. Now we can't see the next defeat!! I think we are closer to the playoffs now than we are relegation

Hopefully a day watching the Imps get promoted then watching the Mighty bottom win at Wembley in the Champions League Final! Just a bit optimistic?

If Tilson could take us from practically bottom to winning the playoffs there would be lots of interest in his services I would think. We'd get compensation, but maybe a less noticable promotion next season may be the best for us?

What a FANTASTIC Thread  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
1mickylyons
September 5, 2011, 5:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from aldi_01
It's not about forgetting completely but it's about realising it is the past and this is the present. Constantly talking about good teams of old just makes us more annoyed and drunk off if anything.

As Ian brown says in 'good times'...let the good times roll again...they will one day, hopefully sooner rather than later for us...

Not at all aldi,i think by remembering past greats you always hope to be inside BP to get a glimpse of the next future great weve had a few false dawns in recent years with Northy,Bore etc but Ryan Bennet is doing well and before that Oster was a priveledge to watch.We will be back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
Mariner_501
September 5, 2011, 5:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'm sure Aryan is regretting starting this thread now. Quite funny to read actually.  

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=22685&start=1

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
upthestripes
September 5, 2011, 7:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from NorfolkImp

When you find yourself willing a part-time pub team in Essex who play on a pitch not much bigger than Ashby Avenue, to score and compound the humiliation you know its time to call it a day. I know a lot has been said about your Burton game and I've wound you up about it, but Town fans showed passion that day, compared to the damp squib for us back in May, frankly I couldn't get away from Sinny Bank quick enough and on the first train home back to Leics in disgust.

No spitting my dummy out this time gents, it just felt like something finally died inside last night. Best wishes in getting back to where you belong btw!  

RIP LCFC - Apr 75' - Sept 11'

Dear oh dear! If that was not a heat of the moment post then any respect I had for you has just gone.
And if that's not spitting your dummy out then what is the correct expression for it?
You came on here for an entire season making smug remarks and taking the wizz out of our predicament and now this is how you react under much the same circumstances? As I said, no more respect.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
siy2k5
September 5, 2011, 7:27pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from upthestripes

Dear oh dear! If that was not a heat of the moment post then any respect I had for you has just gone.
And if that's not spitting your dummy out then what is the correct expression for it?
You came on here for an entire season making smug remarks and taking the wizz out of our predicament and now this is how you react under much the same circumstances? As I said, no more respect.

2 words.  Surrender.  Monkey.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
upthestripes
September 5, 2011, 7:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from siy2k5

2 words.  Surrender.  Monkey.

I could think of 2 more Si

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
siy2k5
September 5, 2011, 7:56pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from upthestripes

I could think of 2 more Si

Hahaha I could think of several, but I was being polite

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
voice of reason
September 5, 2011, 8:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from upthestripes

He'll be back... Just like last time...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
AndyDarloFC
September 6, 2011, 11:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from tintowner
Their fans seem to be saying all the same things that we were saying last season (and this). Some are predicting financial meltdown and automatic demotion. Even talk of an AFC Lincoln.

I thought they was the big boys of this league. How they was gunna walk the league, haaa. Reality shock for them. Same old Lincoln, always shite.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 52
RonMariner
September 6, 2011, 3:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Gold Stars: 226

whats Mike Newell up to nowdays?  

About 36 holes of golf a day I would think.............

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps message board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.