bobbyturtle
September 4, 2011, 12:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from 75

He's a good mate of mine. Doubt he cares - he's Manc City nowadays which I find bizarre. UTM, one team, one love.

said bob passmethebifter vicar.

lets get together and feel alright

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
RoboCod
September 4, 2011, 8:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Reading their board last night he cared alright. When he posts on the Man City board exclusively we'll know he's beyond caring about Lincoln. And us  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
NorfolkImp
September 4, 2011, 9:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -519
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from RoboCod
Reading their board last night he cared alright. When he posts on the Man City board exclusively we'll know he's beyond caring about Lincoln. And us  

When you find yourself willing a part-time pub team in Essex who play on a pitch not much bigger than Ashby Avenue, to score and compound the humiliation you know its time to call it a day. I know a lot has been said about your Burton game and I've wound you up about it, but Town fans showed passion that day, compared to the damp squib for us back in May, frankly I couldn't get away from Sinny Bank quick enough and on the first train home back to Leics in disgust.

No spitting my dummy out this time gents, it just felt like something finally died inside last night. Best wishes in getting back to where you belong btw!  

RIP LCFC - Apr 75' - Sept 11'

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
ponnyfan
September 4, 2011, 9:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
He is just an antagonist  - probably chuffed to bits with his TOTW award !

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
aldi_01
September 4, 2011, 9:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Was this not predicted for Lincoln. Every Lincoln fan I've spoken to in pre season and so far I've said they'll struggle and many thought i was joking. In recent days town fans have been told to forget the past in order to go forward. Lincoln fans need to do this too. Last time they went into non league they were the only professional club in what was a pub league...things have changed, they are now one of the poor teams with an awful squad...

I know we aren't much better off at present but this thread isn't about us and with all due respect, yes we've all had a moan this year but at least there is a sense of realism around BP, that doesn't seem to exist at sincil male masturbation

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
Marinerz93
September 4, 2011, 9:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I'm a realist and I'll follow Town in what ever league we are in but I will never forget what past players achieved for us, no one should ever forget that.  It's the players who earn us the right to play at a higher level and anyone wearing our strip should be aiming for that higher level.  The work ethic at the club has changed, it's getting back to how we used to be, success will come if that never give up and up and at em attitude continues, maybe not this season, maybe not the next but it will come and when it does the players and management could take us even higher than League 1.

Clubs of our stature though will need to be weary of Championship football, we were hit with ITV digital, the Scunts were hit with a poor first season then relegation menaing a shortfall in wages of around £3 Million, if they carry on they'll be the next Darlington (Similar sized fan base and history).

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
aldi_01
September 4, 2011, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
It's not about forgetting completely but it's about realising it is the past and this is the present. Constantly talking about good teams of old just makes us more annoyed and drunk off if anything.

As Ian brown says in 'good times'...let the good times roll again...they will one day, hopefully sooner rather than later for us...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
dapperz fun pub
September 4, 2011, 9:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,951
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Marinerz93
I'm a realist and I'll follow Town in what ever league we are in but I will never forget what past players achieved for us, no one should ever forget that.  It's the players who earn us the right to play at a higher level and anyone wearing our strip should be aiming for that higher level.  The work ethic at the club has changed, it's getting back to how we used to be, success will come if that never give up and up and at em attitude continues, maybe not this season, maybe not the next but it will come and when it does the players and management could take us even higher than League 1.

Clubs of our stature though will need to be weary of Championship football, we were hit with ITV digital, the Scunts were hit with a poor first season then relegation menaing a shortfall in wages of around £3 Million, if they carry on they'll be the next Darlington (Similar sized fan base and history).

i trully think the scunts golden period is over probably lower mid table this year and then freefall the next
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
RoboCod
September 4, 2011, 9:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from aldi_01
Was this not predicted for Lincoln. Every Lincoln fan I've spoken to in pre season and so far I've said they'll struggle and many thought i was joking. In recent days town fans have been told to forget the past in order to go forward. Lincoln fans need to do this too. Last time they went into non league they were the only professional club in what was a pub league...things have changed, they are now one of the poor teams with an awful squad...

I know we aren't much better off at present but this thread isn't about us and with all due respect, yes we've all had a moan this year but at least there is a sense of realism around BP, that doesn't seem to exist at sincil male masturbation

Pretty much correct. They seem to be at the same stage as us, this time last season. Cold harsh reality has caught up with them. Mind you, the fans may find it hard to be realistic when their own players (Yes Mr McCallum, I'm pointing and laughing at you) gob off in the pre-season by predicting he fancies getting 25 goals  
Not looking good, and with the 'panic measure' of sacking the manager still to come, it could get worse.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
aldi_01
September 4, 2011, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
I think you're right about the scunts, but many of their fans, proper fans not the thick traveller twits we get on here or the idiots on look north realise that they could fall further...I've seen little evidence from gimps fans of this. They got too cocky after those 4 wins in January and it came back and copulated em over

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps message board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.