6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
September 4, 2011, 9:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Not to mention the naivety I've seen from gimps fans who won't admit the club has no fuvking money and no one actually putting anything in...

Just read their message board. What comical reading, more concerned about 'the wheels coming off at grimsby' and their hatred towards us, bless em shame it isn't reciprocated.

They should really look closer to home before laughing at others, they did this last year and if came back to haunt them...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
mariner91
September 4, 2011, 11:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from RoboCod

Pretty much correct. They seem to be at the same stage as us, this time last season. Cold harsh reality has caught up with them. Mind you, the fans may find it hard to be realistic when their own players (Yes Mr McCallum, I'm pointing and laughing at you) gob off in the pre-season by predicting he fancies getting 25 goals  
Not looking good, and with the 'panic measure' of sacking the manager still to come, it could get worse.

I wonder who would want to manage Lincoln if they did sack Tilson. They have a really poor squad, poor attendances which I can see getting worse, a poor budget and their financial future looks bleak, hardly enticing for anyone on the way up which suggests they'd get a manager no better than Tilson. And with it not being the new guy's squad, they would be in big trouble!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
aldi_01
September 4, 2011, 11:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They also have a bad history of appointing managers like us in recent years...I await tomorrow's echo tonsee what crap is in it this week from another player passing the blame...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
Manchester Mariner
September 4, 2011, 11:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from NorfolkImp

When you find yourself willing a part-time pub team in Essex who play on a pitch not much bigger than Ashby Avenue, to score and compound the humiliation you know its time to call it a day.

Especially when you've got another team lined up to support who suddenly have billions of pounds at their disposal eh?

The word turncoat springs to mind.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
VictorMeldrewsDad
September 4, 2011, 12:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Aryan, you are on the wrong board to try to justify your reasons for jumping ship. Don't tell us what it is like for poor little Lincoln, we all know how it feels. Unlike you most of us have stuck with it and dusted ourselves down and carried on the best we can. Like i always say, Grimsby chose me, i didn't choose them. Get yourself on the Chelsea, Man U or City sites with the rest of the glory hunters.

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
ponnyfan
September 4, 2011, 12:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from VictorMeldrewsDad
Aryan, you are on the wrong board to try to justify your reasons for jumping ship. Don't tell us what it is like for poor little Lincoln, we all know how it feels. Unlike you most of us have stuck with it and dusted ourselves down and carried on the best we can. Like i always say, Grimsby chose me, i didn't choose them. Get yourself on the Chelsea, Man U or City sites with the rest of the glory hunters.
Top post

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
dapperz fun pub
September 4, 2011, 12:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,955
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from VictorMeldrewsDad

the last 2 sentences are bang on for most on here
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
cleeimp
September 4, 2011, 1:52pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
The Imps are worse off this time because last time they were in this state they had big Kieth to drag them back into the league with some very good none league players.
imps get real your in a worse boat than GTFC so face it and get on.+

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
Helgy
September 4, 2011, 2:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
It's hilarious reading the posts on Lincoln Vitals,people with feck all post coming on and revelling with the fall.
There is a pattern win a game and they disappear lose a game and its doom and gloom.
I think its not the players he did sign some good ones its Tilsons and Brushs lack of tactics one win in 18, you know the score you were there with Woods.
I have stated for the past few years we have mirrored your fall and our chairman cannot match your's spending power.
Ity's going to take a miracle for us to turn it around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
upthestripes
September 4, 2011, 2:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Helgy
It's hilarious reading the posts on Lincoln Vitals,people with feck all post coming on and revelling with the fall.
There is a pattern win a game and they disappear lose a game and its doom and gloom.
I think its not the players he did sign some good ones its Tilsons and Brushs lack of tactics one win in 18, you know the score you were there with Woods.
I have stated for the past few years we have mirrored your fall and our chairman cannot match your's spending power.
Ity's going to take a miracle for us to turn it around.

I think you'll have enough to pull yourselves up to mid-table, but we said it before you came down, this league is a nightmare.
Lots of bigger clubs here now (inc. 3 ex Championship sides) and only 1 auto promotion spot - plus a load of teams who are damned difficult to break down.
I reckon your problem is like ours and every other league team that falls through the trap door - too many fans expect to go straight back up even despite knowing about the other league teams that have failed before them.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps message board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.