13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Fishfinger
August 22, 2011, 3:10am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from voice of reason

I agree with what you say Tarka, only Graham doesn't post on here so it wasn't a bit of banter between two mates was it...??? This was more like Terry taking the urine, looking for a laugh from others...

Regardless of whether there was any malice or not, there was and is no point to the thread at all and just makes Terry look like a sad individual...

Oh and just to point out, I hadn't made any complaint to Biccys nor anyone else Flash, maybe Biccys feels the thread was uncalled for also....

You should be concerned with your own life and not the lives of others, get a grip please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 127
TWAreaTownSupporter
August 22, 2011, 3:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
So by the logic of pseudonym and others we can tell "ist"  jokes on here so long as it's about about someone we know and that the butt of the joke won't take offence regardless of whether it offends others.

Let's see how we get on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 127
dapperz fun pub
August 22, 2011, 5:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 83
So by the logic of pseudonym and others we can tell "ist"  jokes on here so long as it's about about someone we know and that the butt of the joke won't take offence regardless of whether it offends others.

Let's see how we get on.

only the other day i was riding past graham on my bike and shouted to him" how are you-you fat fuk" he replied not to bad you four eyed fat twaat,i laughed he laughed and carried on cycling home........nobody took offence and we both moved on. in short if what terry said offending you perhaps youre so fooking deep no one can see you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 127
topuphere666
August 22, 2011, 6:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
I know of Graham to say hello to, but I found the original post a bit cruel. I dont know Terry so cant comment on your friendship, but it drunk me off a little bit purely because I teach young adults with learning difficulties and I am fully aware of the verbal abuse they can receive on a regular basis.

If it was banter and Dilly is a poster then fair enough, but as far as im aware he doesnt use this site, so I think it was a little harsh to write what you did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 127
pseudonym
August 22, 2011, 6:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Biccys
Those who know Pseudo KNOW he has a good relationship with Graham and didn't mean to offend anyone by his OP. Even I know that and I don't know either of them.

Now, the reason I asked Terry to post a small apology was for the fact that some people had already said they were angry at the original post (Old Codger and VOR to name the first 2) For Pseudo to then announce that he wasn't going to apologise to the "moronic element" of the site is plain arrogant.

Terry, you have offended people with the OP, unintentionally, I agree, but they are offended nonetheless. If you can't see that then your arrogance astounds me.

I apologised unreservedley for the "it must be like herding cats" quip that you're dragging up, despite nobody actually stating their offence. One poster PM'd me and stated that "the members of the travel club are not cats, but human being Town fans," and took "umbrance" (I assume he meant "Umbrage" but I digress,) to the quip. So, as I eventually agreed, after explaining it was not a literal statement, it was a quip, a figure of speech, a metaphor, I apologised to anyone that WAS offended and I managed to do so without actually calling anyone a moron or a saddo.

Once again, to make crystal clear, I KNOW you didn't mean to offend anyone with the OP Terry, but the FACT remains that people WERE offended by it. If you can't see to apologise for that then I suggest you don't post anything quite as contentious in the future.
The thread that I was referring to "Battlebus to Wimbledon" never even mentioned the "herding cats". That was a totally different thread !!! I have other reasons for not sending any apologies on this site which I will keep to myself.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 127
STB
August 22, 2011, 6:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

only the other day i was riding past graham on my bike and shouted to him" how are you-you fat fuk" he replied not to bad you four eyed fat twaat,i laughed he laughed and carried on cycling home........nobody took offence and we both moved on. in short if what terry said offending you perhaps youre so fooking deep no one can see you

So as long as you know someone very well it is OK to insult them either in the street or on a public message board regardless of who is reading or within earshot.
Perhaps, in Graham's case, he could control his weight by dieting but an insult aimed at his mental health is aimed at something permanent which he has no control over.
If you don't know them, then don't say anything.
Try that at work by racially insulting a black colleague in front of the boss and see if you have a job in the morning.
Glenn Hoddle and Ron Atkinson should have applied the fishy rule book principles.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 127
pseudonym
August 22, 2011, 6:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from topuphere666
I know of Graham to say hello to, but I found the original post a bit cruel. I dont know Terry so cant comment on your friendship, but it drunk me off a little bit purely because I teach young adults with learning difficulties and I am fully aware of the verbal abuse they can receive on a regular basis.

If it was banter and Dilly is a poster then fair enough, but as far as im aware he doesnt use this site, so I think it was a little harsh to write what you did.
So it is different then for you to refer to Graham as Dilly is it ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 127
STB
August 22, 2011, 6:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from pseudonym
I have other reasons for not sending any apologies on this site which I will keep to myself.

Is it because you're a bitter and twisted old girl private ?

Oh sh1t, do I know you well enough to say that?

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 127
flash1
August 22, 2011, 8:10pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from STB

Is it because you're a bitter and twisted old girl private ?

Oh sh1t, do I know you well enough to say that?

the difference is, if you knew terry you,d know that unlike like others anything he says on here he,s well happy to say it to your face rather from behind a keyboard!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 127
dapperz fun pub
August 22, 2011, 8:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from STB

So as long as you know someone very well it is OK to insult them either in the street or on a public message board regardless of who is reading or within earshot.
Perhaps, in Graham's case, he could control his weight by dieting but an insult aimed at his mental health is aimed at something permanent which he has no control over.
If you don't know them, then don't say anything.
Try that at work by racially insulting a black colleague in front of the boss and see if you have a job in the morning.
Glenn Hoddle and Ron Atkinson should have applied the fishy rule book principles.

sorry forget to add grimsby rd was full of black people, asians,and jam rolls..... fuk me there i go again calling people names in earshot of ethnic minorities, imeant to say hardworking eastern european people from the republic of polska
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Graham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.