13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Fishfinger
August 19, 2011, 1:31am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from voice of reason

Oh well done, you are the sad p.rick you come across as being... and you have diagnosed us with learning disabilities...???

The fact you know his family is worse, surely you realise what the guy has been subjected to in his lifetime by morons thinking it's funny to take the urine...

Of course I didn''t really expect you to explain your reasons for starting the thread, which is one of the most pointless ever on this site and the reason I didn't expect you to explain it is because there can be no reasonable explanation...

Anyway you have plenty of issues yourself and I suggest until you sort your own inadequacies out you would be better not pointing out other people's...

will you stop overreacting?! You take things way too seriously...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 127
CairnsMariner
August 19, 2011, 3:33am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
Graham. Wow, there is a blast from the past for me. My sister used to be a teacher at Queens Street and Graham was one of her pupils. But really I remember him from a few years before when my uncle Fred was the groundsman at Blundell Park. Graham, known to Fred as Herbert, was a permanant fixture at BP then (he probably still is) and used to love his bit of banter with Fred.

Now, I don't know the OP (nor anyone else on here it seems), but I do think that the last person to get upset by the original comments would be Graham. His misprounouncing of team names was always one of those comically, endearing qualities and, together with the blue patch in his brown trousers, is one of the things that sprang to mind as soon as I started reading the post and thinking back to those days.......[drifts nostalgically back to the late 70s] ....oh to be a 4th division (and heading upwards) side again....

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 127
marinerian
August 19, 2011, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
A great comment from Dave B. The fish and chips part made me laugh hehe

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 127
dapperz fun pub
August 19, 2011, 8:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
i used to play footy with graham on sydney park 30 odd yrs ago,i was a bit quicker those days and he rarely got near me but once he did catch me and i still have the bruise on my leg to prove it    great lad whos town mad and terry seems more like a father figure to him than a bully
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 127
barralad
August 19, 2011, 8:59am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
i used to play footy with graham on sydney park 30 odd yrs ago,i was a bit quicker those days and he rarely got near me but once he did catch me and i still have the bruise on my leg to prove it    great lad whos town mad and terry seems more like a father figure to him than a bully

I've stayed out of this thread until now but this sums up the way I feel.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 127
woodi147
August 19, 2011, 9:29am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Just seen graham sweeping up on cromwell road with is town top on .and terry take no notice of the female dogs on here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 127
newfootballer
August 19, 2011, 9:37am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from woodi147
Just seen graham sweeping up on cromwell road with is town top on .and terry take no notice of the female dogs on here

I entirely agree with that forceful comment.
Terry do not be like me and sulk for a few weeks and then come back under another name, completley ignore the morons.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 127
voice of reason
August 19, 2011, 9:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from newfootballer
[/b]
I entirely agree with that forceful comment.
Terry do not be like me and sulk for a few weeks and then come back under another name, completley ignore the morons.
NEWFOOTBALLER

Yeah Terry ignore the morons, carry on mocking Graham at will....

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 127
Biccys
August 19, 2011, 9:42am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Those who know Pseudo KNOW he has a good relationship with Graham and didn't mean to offend anyone by his OP. Even I know that and I don't know either of them.

Now, the reason I asked Terry to post a small apology was for the fact that some people had already said they were angry at the original post (Old Codger and VOR to name the first 2) For Pseudo to then announce that he wasn't going to apologise to the "moronic element" of the site is plain arrogant.

Terry, you have offended people with the OP, unintentionally, I agree, but they are offended nonetheless. If you can't see that then your arrogance astounds me.

I apologised unreservedley for the "it must be like herding cats" quip that you're dragging up, despite nobody actually stating their offence. One poster PM'd me and stated that "the members of the travel club are not cats, but human being Town fans," and took "umbrance" (I assume he meant "Umbrage" but I digress,) to the quip. So, as I eventually agreed, after explaining it was not a literal statement, it was a quip, a figure of speech, a metaphor, I apologised to anyone that WAS offended and I managed to do so without actually calling anyone a moron or a saddo.

Once again, to make crystal clear, I KNOW you didn't mean to offend anyone with the OP Terry, but the FACT remains that people WERE offended by it. If you can't see to apologise for that then I suggest you don't post anything quite as contentious in the future.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 127
dapperz fun pub
August 19, 2011, 11:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Biccys
Those who know Pseudo KNOW he has a good relationship with Graham and didn't mean to offend anyone by his OP. Even I know that and I don't know either of them.

Now, the reason I asked Terry to post a small apology was for the fact that some people had already said they were angry at the original post (Old Codger and VOR to name the first 2) For Pseudo to then announce that he wasn't going to apologise to the "moronic element" of the site is plain arrogant.

Terry, you have offended people with the OP, unintentionally, I agree, but they are offended nonetheless. If you can't see that then your arrogance astounds me.

I apologised unreservedley for the "it must be like herding cats" quip that you're dragging up, despite nobody actually stating their offence. One poster PM'd me and stated that "the members of the travel club are not cats, but human being Town fans," and took "umbrance" (I assume he meant "Umbrage" but I digress,) to the quip. So, as I eventually agreed, after explaining it was not a literal statement, it was a quip, a figure of speech, a metaphor, I apologised to anyone that WAS offended and I managed to do so without actually calling anyone a moron or a saddo.

Once again, to make crystal clear, I KNOW you didn't mean to offend anyone with the OP Terry, but the FACT remains that people WERE offended by it. If you can't see to apologise for that then I suggest you don't post anything quite as contentious in the future.

he hasnt offended everybody no apology needed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Graham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.