July 16, 2011, 8:19pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from aaron rattray
i have noticed a few people are questioning my thoughts

when i said poor i think in underestimated him abit he was as poor as i make out thinking about it now i thought he was quite good he did a terrible free kick did a few dodgy passes but the good points was he supported the forward line he has got good energy he tackles well hes commited and compentant and i think he will become a good player infact i was impressed with all of the new players who played

and i saw mckewon however you spell it warming up and he seemed to be diving around in gaol not saving many shots and i wasnt impressed but he could improve and he was only training so maybe he wasnt exactly trying 100%

and awhen i said we will struggle like what the girl private from sCUNThorpe said, i have got an habit of been influenced by what other people say and i though we looked promising today. in the first half we was still looking like we lack a cutting edge however hearn and duffy changed that

Is that what the politicians call a "U" turn?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 137
ticker_1610
July 16, 2011, 8:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Again Rattray comments on a player after 5 mins warm up. We all thought McKeown looked sharp n athletic and more agile than Arthur has over several games, but it was only a warm up, so wait n see but after today I can see McKeown being number 1 at the start of the season if Arthur doesn't get his act together n quick!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 137
grimsbyjack
July 16, 2011, 8:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +15
As an outsider who was at the game today.  I cant see, at this moment what all the bitching / whinging is about really.  

It was a friendly after all....  a time to try out the new players with the old boys to see how they gel as a team  / play together.

From what I saw today... You`ve got some players there who can take you back up into the League. ( ie. No. 9.. very impressive ).

I will, from now on visit BP more often to cheer the Mariners on... and hopefully take in a few away games if possible.

Grimsby Town.   Good luck for 2011 /12 season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 137
Maringer
July 16, 2011, 8:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,704
Gold Stars: 189
Unsurprisingly, what looked to be Rotherham's first team caused us problems in the first half and we never really got going up front. That said, their first goal was slightly fortunate as the ball dropped right at the feet of the scorer somewhat fortuitously. The second came after Church was hustled out of it in midfield instead of getting rid of the ball. Arthur will be a little disappointed that he didn't save it.

I actually thought that our poorest performances came from Eagle and Coulson who just didn't do anything much at all. Spencer looked very sluggish but still won his headers so hopefully he can increase his fitness - he is recovering from illness, I believe?

Artus obviously has some ability but gave the ball away badly on a couple of occasions.

I think most of the new players showed that they have something to add and, hopefully, as their fitness improves and they start working with the ball more, they will gel together into a decent team.

It will be interesting to see what sort of striker we go for to replace Connell. Perhaps another quick one?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 137
Mighty Imps
July 16, 2011, 8:40pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -5
Quoted from jonnyboy82

your mum is like a bowling ball: she gets fingered, thrown in the gutter, and she comes back for more.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_L8haelMrLoE/TKoEpCzuFAI/AAAAAAAAAUc/cML7ndT9lio/s1600/Tumbleweed.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 137
Mighty Imps
July 16, 2011, 8:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -5
Quoted from topuphere666

6 weeks till the schools open again ...

Cheers for that, I don't really keep tabs on when the schools open again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 137
Marinerz93
July 16, 2011, 8:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mighty Imps

Dial-up? Hostel? Is that what you inbreds call as a "comeback/windup"? If i wanted my own comeback, I'd wipe it off your mothers gob.

Apart from the come back which wasn't half bad the first part is woeful.  Grimsby, inbred, not very good at geography or history Gimp boy.  You see Grimsby is a port, a port that is both fishing and trade.  That means our gene pool has mainly a Scandinavian stock that has been added to for several centuries.  Also with the decline of our main industry males and females have moved away then after a time moved back bringing with them fresh genes from other parts of the country or from around the world.

Lincoln has a fresh gene pool each year with the students and Grimsby men going to Lincoln to impregnate the Lincoln ladies because it is rumoured that Lincoln males are a bit jaffa.  Being a bit jaffa is probably why you come across a little angry, what's up, have you found out that your dad's from Grimsby just like Helgy and Aryan  

Scunthrope, well there you go, camp sites, a history of being isolated and the sounds of bluegrass drifting over the M180, wind your window down the next time you pass Scumthorpe.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 137
80sglory
July 16, 2011, 8:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer
Unsurprisingly, what looked to be Rotherham's first team caused us problems in the first half and we never really got going up front. That said, their first goal was slightly fortunate as the ball dropped right at the feet of the scorer somewhat fortuitously.

Exactly, personally I thought it was down to Spencer back defending.

I've never liked attackers coming back to defend deep whether it was Connell, Peacock or whoever.
It's been shown before they often prove to be more of a liability than a help.

Quoted from Maringer
It will be interesting to see what sort of striker we go for to replace Connell. Perhaps another quick one?

We don't need to rush.  
Reply: 97 - 137
mariner91
July 16, 2011, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Marinerz93

Scunthrope, well there you go, camp sites, a history of being isolated and the sounds of bluegrass drifting over the M180, wind your window down the next time you pass Scumthorpe.

No thanks, I have asthma.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 137
Marinerz93
July 16, 2011, 8:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91

No thanks, I have asthma.

Avoid it all together then, have you seen that yellow haze that hangs over it from the Steel works.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread vs Rotherham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.