mariner91
July 16, 2011, 8:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,935
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Marinerz93

Avoid it all together then, have you seen that yellow haze that hangs over it from the Steel works.

I have, the mere thought of it makes my chest tighten.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 137
jonnyboy82
July 16, 2011, 8:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Mighty Imps

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_L8haelMrLoE/TKoEpCzuFAI/AAAAAAAAAUc/cML7ndT9lio/s1600/Tumbleweed.jpg[/img]

[img]http://facepalm.delapalo.net/facepalm1.jpg[/img]

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 137
Mighty Imps
July 16, 2011, 9:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -5
Quoted from Marinerz93

Apart from the come back which wasn't half bad the first part is woeful.  Grimsby, inbred, not very good at geography or history Gimp boy.  You see Grimsby is a port, a port that is both fishing and trade.  That means our gene pool has mainly a Scandinavian stock that has been added to for several centuries.  Also with the decline of our main industry males and females have moved away then after a time moved back bringing with them fresh genes from other parts of the country or from around the world.

Lincoln has a fresh gene pool each year with the students and Grimsby men going to Lincoln to impregnate the Lincoln ladies because it is rumoured that Lincoln males are a bit jaffa.  Being a bit jaffa is probably why you come across a little angry, what's up, have you found out that your dad's from Grimsby just like Helgy and Aryan  

Scunthrope, well there you go, camp sites, a history of being isolated and the sounds of bluegrass drifting over the M180, wind your window down the next time you pass Scumthorpe.

Your fishy friend was looking for a reaction, he got one. The Scunthorpe part though, I agree, Passed through it a few times and its probably one of the worst places i have been to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 137
Mighty Imps
July 16, 2011, 9:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -5
Quoted from jonnyboy82

[img]http://facepalm.delapalo.net/facepalm1.jpg[/img]

I'm tumble-weeding over your joke that has been overused, Problem?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 137
carrot top
July 16, 2011, 9:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
I hope Church isn't as bad as Rattray's command of English. Is he a poor relation of Wayne's? In fact where is Wayne? At least I understand him.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 137
cod.gtfc
July 16, 2011, 9:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Today was about the fitness not the performance, that will come with time, they have hardly used any balls in training yet.

Today told me that Disley and Artus have quality when it comes to picking passes. Church will run all day a box to box player. Peasrson is gonna score from set peices. Marshall will be nothing more than back up right back at best, Spencer when fully fit will be a decent target man, Hearn has the potential to score plenty and Mulready is similar to Andy Taylor without any pace and so won't be good enough.

There was more positives than negatives today, but along way to go, and I think we will get it together by the start of season. Could do with one or two more strikers to replace Connell/Mulready and a back up left back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 137
barralass
July 16, 2011, 9:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Having watched today's game, my biggest worry..................where are the goals coming from?
Unless we sign a goal poacher with the Connell money (hopefully) don't know where the goals are coming from.
Pearson at set-pieces, then who?
Hearn looked out of it.
Duffy and Spencer did well winning the balls in the air, but we need someone to feed off them and I don't see we've got that man right now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 137
True iron
July 16, 2011, 10:10pm
Guest User
A work mate of mine from Sheffield went to your game and he thought you were awful. Clueless with no cutting edge.
I really hope you come back up to our standards but can never ever see you coming out that league
Reply: 107 - 137
DNMariner
July 16, 2011, 10:18pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +100
Quoted from barralass
Having watched today's game, my biggest worry..................where are the goals coming from?
Unless we sign a goal poacher with the Connell money (hopefully) don't know where the goals are coming from.
Pearson at set-pieces, then who?
Hearn looked out of it.
Duffy and Spencer did well winning the balls in the air, but we need someone to feed off them and I don't see we've got that man right now.

To be fair, Hearn hit the post and had a goal disallowed for the keeper spilling the ball. The disallowed goal showed a poachers instinct so I think saying he was out of it is a bit of an exaggeration. Plus, in 45 minutes it's hard for a forward to make a full impact, especially if the service isn't up to standard.

I think it was a decent enough performance, and certainly saw enough to suggest we have every chance of being a force once the fitness comes and the squad gels.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 137
petethemariner
July 16, 2011, 10:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I have  to admit i wasn't there today, went Racing at Rasen, so to be fair i probably shoudn't comment, however if anyone really believes we should turn over one of the favourites for promotion  from FL 2 after 3 weeks of training and many new faces, i think they are sadly deluded, todays game was an excercise for the management duo to see exactly where we are and what formation to play - the result was totally irrelevant - i  already see that  in some quarters the knifes are already being sharpened for the likes of Kenny  Arthur, instead of that, how about encouraging a good keeper back to form? Keeping is about  confidence and if 'fans' are on his back from day one, goalkeeping is a very lonely position, just hope he isn't going to be the next boo boy
Lets just keep our powder dry until all  the friendlies are out of the way before we form an opinion -  after all they mean very little in the lomg term - we will be there, or thereabous this season i am sure of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread vs Rotherham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.