July 17, 2011, 11:20am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,704
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from moosey_club

There is....... fans!!

If that was the case then where are the missing thousands from a few seasons back ? Or more to the point the 25,000 who went to see the JPT final ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
ginnywings
July 17, 2011, 2:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,157
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1600

I'd like someone to explain to me how a 4-3-3 formation matters when you've got a striker knocking a large proportion of his goals in from 25+ yards, not that I understand the rationale anyway. Does anybody have any idea why he wouldn't fit into a 4-3-3 ?

As for the GET piece(thanks for reminding me to read), another carefully crafted piece of propaganda with all the right boxes ticked.

"Hurst said: "Alan handed in a transfer request yesterday morning and it moved very quickly from there."

I bet it did !!!  

"There has been a lot of speculation and attention on one player in the media."

A reasonable amount of it was from Hursts own mouth - "Bosses deny issue with top man Alan" indeed !  

"It's possibly been a little unfair on the rest of the team."

Ah well, too late now, he's gone...  

"After Alan had handed in a transfer request, it made it more difficult for us because if we then turn the offer down you are left with a player who doesn't want to be here."

How convenient he put in a tranfer request right at the last minute. Makes you wonder why he didn't before...

"He wouldn't have been in the right state of mind and that's the last thing we wanted."
I just don't buy that - not only was he considered a model professional by many but pretty sure Fenty started the ball rolling by saying words to the same effect at the backend of last season even before Connell said he was happy to stay here at the POTY awards.
Of course I accept it's entirely possible that Alan himself wanted away all along, but again, why didn't he hand in a transfer request beforehand ?

"It's hard to replace those goals if he goes and would cost us a lot of money to do so."
So is you're gonna spend the money why sell in the first place ?
Because he wouldn't have been happy, I forgot.
Well according to his twitter he was happy right up until the moment an acceptable offer came in.
Geez, what a terrible bit of "sods law" bad luck at the last moment for GTFC !

Now I'll be opening myself up for abuse here(doesn't really bother me so fire away if you so wish) but I want to be honest.
I do feel slightly guilty because I know many fans don't agree with me/hate me/like me talking about it, I didn't actually want go on about it all again.
But frankly, giving fans the whole dog and pony show in the media to paint themselves as helpless victims with tied hands makes me slightly annoyed.
And yes, after today it still do still think we'll miss Alan.
For what it's worth, I won't go out of my way to say any more about it unless someone wishes to have a debate (until the fans forum should anything else crop up).
At least that will please most fans.

If you honestly believe that a player who has been denied a dream move back to the FL,with a club nearer his roots is just going to shrug it off and knuckle down to life in the BSP,then you are more stupid than i thought.

He may not have put in an official tranfer request 'til this move surfaced but he has always wanted away and expressed an interest to do so at the end of the season if the right deal came along for all concerned parties.The Swindon move was that right deal and the club were right to go with it.

I really can't see what going over every utterance from the player and club will achieve.I didn't want him to go but he has and that's football in a nutshell.

Think it's about time we all forgot about Connell,said thanks for his goals and the cash we made on him and moved on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
marinette
July 17, 2011, 2:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from moosey_club

its attendance through the barren years that count.

Yes, there's something to be said for that.  It could be a definition of loyalty...and also madness, perhaps.

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
Welwynmariner
July 17, 2011, 2:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from tashee69

we may very well see Eagle as our own Malouda

Even counting myself as a bit of a Rob Eagle fan I found this a somewhat incredible comparison
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To me its common sense

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.