4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
July 15, 2011, 5:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27
Alan gave his all for this club and owes us nothing, he`s got what he desired a move down South into a league team and we in return have received a more than adequate fee for him.
I hope that he continues to score for them as he did for us and I for one will keep a weather eye on his progress, full marks need to go to JF for his astute business in closing this deal and holding out for something that satisfies both club and player.
As a matter of interest it would nice to know the thoughts of a poll of Fishy`s regarding this transfer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Jack95
July 15, 2011, 5:27pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
I think its a good deal for Grimsby + Alan, he wanted the move and after he knew there was inteerest, bang. Like everybody else does? But i think we need another goalscorer up there, because its going to look empty up front without him. Oh well. Promotion still is ours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
Mariners_15
July 15, 2011, 5:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Good move but don't understand all the malarky about him wanting to move back down south, maybe if he was that concerned he shouldn't have moved up here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
Bignic69
July 15, 2011, 5:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
No brainer for me, decent money, he wanted to go there and he can't hurt us! fair play fenty. We have the poor mans tevez anyway (hearn) lol

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
grimsby pete
July 15, 2011, 6:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Garth
Alan gave his all for this club and owes us nothing, he`s got what he desired a move down South into a league team and we in return have received a more than adequate fee for him.
I hope that he continues to score for them as he did for us and I for one will keep a weather eye on his progress, full marks need to go to JF for his astute business in closing this deal and holding out for something that satisfies both club and player.
As a matter of interest it would nice to know the thoughts of a poll of Fishy`s regarding this transfer

I think it is a good deal all round,

We have got a good fee , Connell has got his wish and Swindon have got a good player,

Connell was never going to repeat last seasons goals total imo,  the managers have some money to bring a quality striker in,

IF  they think we need one.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
the driver
July 15, 2011, 6:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
Good luck to the lad hope he scores a bag full for them hope he remembers he was one of the best forwards at B.P and a big thanks to Neil Woods
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
moosey_club
July 15, 2011, 8:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Hope he never scores again.
He has had the most succesful season on a personal note of his career and wants away despite having a season left to run, shows no loyalty so i neither shall i. Thanks A.C but hope you rot in the reserves.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
samg
July 15, 2011, 8:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from moosey_club
Hope he never scores again.
He has had the most succesful season on a personal note of his career and wants away despite having a season left to run, shows no loyalty so i neither shall i. Thanks A.C but hope you rot in the reserves.

There is no loyalty in football anymore - money talks nowadays!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
The Grim Reaper
July 15, 2011, 9:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
There will always be the brain deads who think the club should have kept him, whether he wanted to go or not.

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
lawless29
July 15, 2011, 10:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
as good as he was for us he didnt seem to work as well with the new formation employed by the bosses

https://www.facebook.com/GrimsbyCleethorpesHistory
[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s7.postimage.org/6lz8j8h4r/403320_362485870431139_1145829449_n.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/]photo upload[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To me its common sense

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.