11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
theicenian
June 24, 2011, 6:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

I agree but what is the plan to avoid financial strife though icey ?
Even Pete says don't expect Fenty to finance the club forever....

We can sell our best players til the cows come home but with no Ryan Bennetts on the books, how is the club gonna survive long term if we don't get out the BSP ?

I'll happily leave you and Mr. Fenty to figure that one out cos I'm b-u-g-g-e-r-e-d if I know.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 104
Kris Mustampa
June 24, 2011, 6:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
I would be very shocked in Connell is still a Town player come Sept 1st.

We will get an offer for him which, in light of his desire to move on, will be accepted. I also dont see him fitting into H&S's style of play. Not strong enough nor quick enough.

I would also say that promotion back to the FL will not wipe out the ongoing loss and may even increase it!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 104
80sglory
June 24, 2011, 6:41pm
Guest User
I'll suggest how it could be done icey....

Short of a massive offer at the very least don't sell Connell until Jan.
Wait til such time that Scott and Hurst can be seen to know what they're doing then increase the playing budget by £200K ! (if possible)

The better the squad, the bigger gates and more chance of a decent cup run and promotion via the playoffs(or better) and more revenue.

Let's speculate to accumulate and get us out of this league !
If it doesn't happen then slash the budget and put our faith in youth/younger players.

Kris how on earth is being in League 2 instead of the BSP gonna increase the clubs debt ?!!!
Reply: 72 - 104
theicenian
June 24, 2011, 7:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600
I'll suggest how it could be done icey....

Short of a massive offer at the very least don't sell Connell until Jan.
Wait til such time that Scott and Hurst can be seen to know what they're doing then increase the playing budget by £200K ! (if possible)

The better the squad, the bigger gates and more chance of a decent cup run and promotion via the playoffs(or better) and more revenue.

Let's speculate to accumulate and get us out of this league !
If it doesn't happen then slash the budget and put our faith in youth/younger players.

Kris how on earth is being in League 2 instead of the BSP gonna increase the clubs debt ?!!!

Same old story, success on the field = greater attendances= less deficit.   Ofcourse the deficit is there and won't lessen by much and thereby hangs the lot of all league clubs in the lower divisions. A new ground with other income streams would help but at the moment we have a noose round our necks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 104
marinerian
June 24, 2011, 7:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from theicenian

Same old story, success on the field = greater attendances= less deficit.   Ofcourse the deficit is there and won't lessen by much and thereby hangs the lot of all league clubs in the lower divisions. A new ground with other income streams would help but at the moment we have a noose round our necks.

It is a difficult one with the ground, we need one but until investment of a large scale comes about in the area it may be a while before it happens  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 104
theicenian
June 24, 2011, 7:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from marinerian

It is a difficult one with the ground, we need one but until investment of a large scale comes about in the area it may be a while before it happens  

And that is about to happen provided the council, North Lincs rather than N.E. Lincs, ignore the RSPB and vote in favour of 5k jobs rather than a few hundred bloody birds who will move to one of those bloody holes they've dug in the seawall.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 104
petethemariner
June 24, 2011, 11:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Thanks Rancido and 80's, enjoyed the debate - only time will tell who is right, buts its good to debate and speculate!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 104
80sglory
June 24, 2011, 11:29pm
Guest User
You're welcome Pete, I enjoyed it too.
We'll see what happens and with a bit of luck these managers can change our fortunes.
Reply: 77 - 104
gtfc98
June 24, 2011, 11:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
That rumours website is terrible. I wouldn't believe anything that's on there

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 104
Conference10
July 15, 2011, 2:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / -15
Career Underdog calls it right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Connell to Swindon for £150,000

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.