Tinymariner
June 23, 2011, 11:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from marinerjase

Err....isn't it blatantly obvious that this is by some Town fan who's posted that after reading the balderdash on here???

Yep.
I'd still be gutted if it turns out to be true though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 104
Bullitt
June 23, 2011, 11:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tinymariner
Found this on the herald and gazettte site.

MightyM, says...
11:20pm Thu 23 Jun 11

You have signed Alan Connell for over £150,000 from Grimsby Town. Scored over 30 goals last season and had the most assists. Great player who Mariners fans will be upset to see depart.â€

I really hope this is Bullshite.  

If its fake then someone is a grade A twit.
Reply: 41 - 104
Koggmaster
June 23, 2011, 11:58pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -3
Some Twitter posts have got Yeovil Town possibly interested in Alan Connell aswell !!!

sodomist, Damm & Blast !!!!

UTM

Avast, me proud beauty! Would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 104
petethemariner
June 24, 2011, 12:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
As much as everyone would be sorry to see AC leave, the last thing we need for next season is a player who doesn't really want to be here - i suspect perhaps he was given assurances to move up here to the effect that we would  either get out of this league last season, or at least make the play-offs, we achieved neither and at 29 he is facing another year of BSP Football, 200 miles from where he would prefer to be, although if we were a league club i believe he would still stay.
If he wants to go and we get a decent offer we should allow it , get a replacement and move on - I have followed GTFC for 4 + decades now since a young lad and have seen many good players come and go from GTFC, Alan Connell is one, but the club is bigger than any one player and i just hope IF he goes we d'ont get ridiculous vitiol aimed at the Managers/Chairman ( i honestly belive all of them would prefer him to stay) and the obligatory slagging off of his replacement at every opportunity by the usual suspects..
If we want to get out of this league everyone has to pull together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 104
nelly_gtfc
June 24, 2011, 12:46am
Guest User
Money isn't everything, but for a footballer and someone offers you £500+ more a week even, it would be hard to not want to leave, plus if it's nearer home etc.

Good luck to him if he goes, if he stays all the better, lifes a biatch.
Reply: 44 - 104
GtfcGarner
June 24, 2011, 12:58am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,838
Gold Stars: 31
Di Canio will try bringing the whole of Italy into Swindon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 104
80sglory
June 24, 2011, 1:25am
Guest User
Quoted from petethemariner
As much as everyone would be sorry to see AC leave, the last thing we need for next season is a player who doesn't really want to be here

Straight out of the John Fenty PR handbook...

I have followed GTFC for 4 + decades now since a young lad and have seen many good players come and go from GTFC, Alan Connell is one, but the club is bigger than any one player and i just hope IF he goes we d'ont get ridiculous vitiol aimed at the Managers/Chairman

Already some fans are more bothered about defending the club at all costs than criticizing any lack of ambition.
Yes I know we've shown ambition already, so why penny pinch for another 200K ? (especially when we're paying a fee for Hearn)
Remember there's no prizes for spending £900K and finishing 6th !

Also you say "the club is bigger than any one player"(a tired old cliche) but you also say you believe they want him to stay.
Nice contradiction !  

i suspect perhaps he was given assurances to move up here to the effect that we would  either get out of this league last season, or at least make the play-offs

So why didn't he sign a one year contract or have a "non promotion" getout clause then ?
It's very simple - he only goes if we let him go.
And there's no evidence he isn't happy here. Even if he isn't, he's no sulker and it's in his own interests to do well !

If we want to get out of this league everyone has to pull together.

A few opinions on the messageboards won't affect anything.
You're trying to blame the fans for arguably poor decisions already !  

I thought he was staying but the fact the cavalry have already stepped in is concerning me...  
Reply: 46 - 104
livosnose
June 24, 2011, 5:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,190
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from 2075
If this is true, I would love to kick Di Canio square in his fascist bosswollox.

god i look good in that picture

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 104
Fishfinger
June 24, 2011, 6:11am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Well, as expected, this did turn out to be bull
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 104
0ld timer
June 24, 2011, 6:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from Fishfinger
Well, as expected, this did turn out to be bull

but we still dont really know tho do we
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Connell to Swindon for £150,000

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.