Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Manager 2009
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 161 Guests

Football Manager 2009

This thread currently has 22,658 views. Print
20 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 All Recommend Thread
GG
October 16, 2008, 4:58pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
I've heard through the grapevine that the demo will be released on the 25th.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Green27
October 16, 2008, 8:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Well that's another relationship ended then  

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 199
October 17, 2008, 7:24am
Guest User
Quoted from Green27
Well that's another relationship ended then  

I'm still into last years version. I've turned down the Newcastle and Arsenal job to stay at AFC Wimbledon so I can spank the filthy club stealers. Got em in 6 weeks & once I've trounced em it may be time to move on. 3 promotions in 3 years!!!

Up the Dons

Reply: 2 - 199
LukeyJ
October 17, 2008, 12:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / 0
I really, really shouldn't get this game. I won the prem with Grimsby two years in a row, in the second I got the charity shield and FA cup. I'm now on another mission to do well with Vauxhall Motors. Semi-professional clubs are a bit weird, so getting good potential young players onto full time contracts is tricky but they need to train more!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 199
Mariner16
October 17, 2008, 4:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Nice one, all day on that then go to the Bradford game  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 199
alvinghammariner
October 18, 2008, 6:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Bout time, i'm still enjoying 08 but its getting a bit tiresome now.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 199
immariner
October 28, 2008, 6:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Anyone got the demo yet? I'm still on 07, got Nuneaton promoted 3 times in 4 seasons and i'm now in League 1. Spend ages scouring the foreign markets for gems. Have found a few Slovenians and dual nationality Brazilians who are doing great for me. The only thing that pisses me off about getting a small team through the leagues is my chairman accepting bids on my behalf- irritates the urine out of me!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 199
GG
October 29, 2008, 8:28pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
They've now announced the demo will be released on Sunday.

From Miles Jacobson @ Sports Interactive:

As you may have heard on the Football Manager podcast on Friday, or seen in the News of the World on Sunday, the demo of Football Manager 2009 will be released next Sunday, November 2nd, just after midnight, giving you a whole Sunday to try out the latest incarnation of the game.

The demo will, as normal, come in different "flavours".

The "vanilla" demo will be the smaller version of the demo file size wise, in that it will have very limited graphical content (no logo's, player pictures, stadiums), English language only, and only English and Scottish leagues available to play, for half a season of ingame time. This saved game will be compatible with the full release of the game, out on November 14th.

The "strawberry" demo will have all graphical content, multiple languages, and 10 leagues to play with (the list of which will be made available later in the week), also for half a season of ingame time, and saved games will also be compatible with the full release of the game, out on November 14th.

The "vanilla" demo will be available exclusively from the News of the World's website as a download file. We will be linking to the News of the World's page directly from the front page at http://www.sigames.com, and from the forums, as soon as the file is live.

There will be 3 ways to get the "strawberry" demo.

The first of these will be via STEAM. For those that are unaware of STEAM, it's a digital platform made by Valve Software (the developers beind the Half Life series, the Counter Strike series, Portal, and many more). They have super fast bandwidth, and it is by far and away our recommended way to get the "strawberry" version of the Football Manager 2009 demo.

STEAM will also be one of the ways to be able to authenticate your retail version of Football Manager 2009 on it's release, and our preferred route of patching, as patching through STEAM is automatic. You can download the STEAM client from http://store.steampowered.com/ and can also pre-order Football Manager 2009 from the site to be able to play it at 9am UK time on the day of release.
The "strawberry" demo will also be available as a torrent download for those who are aware of this techonology, and as a download with bandwidth provided by GameShadow, although these are likely to appear shortly after the demo becomes available on STEAM, as we will be uploading to STEAM first.

I am also now able to confirm the specs required to play Football Manager 2009.
Please note that these specs are for the machines that we are offering technical support on - the game will work with other graphics cards, and on other spec machines, but as we are not offering technical support, we cannot list these on the system spec.
If your spec is lower than the minimum spec below, it is best to download the demo and try it on your machine, as the spec for the demo is the same as the full game.
Please note that if your PC graphics card is not capable of playing the game with the 3d match engine, it will default to the 2d view from previous FM releases, but the game will still run.

As was mentioned earlier in the year, I can confirm that the game will be released as a DVD Rom this year, rather than a CD. If you do not have a DVD drive, you are still able to purchase the game, but will have to do so via STEAM.

Mac System requirements
The game is currently only being supported on Intel Mac's only, and the minimum requirements are - OSX 10.5.5, Nvidia Geforce 7300 / ATI X1600 Radeon. 1GB RAM.

PC System Requirements
OS - Windows Vista or XP
Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Personally, I would recommend more RAM than the minimum listed above.

Now, there's also been a lot of talk on the forums about copy protection, and how we are planning to handle it this year, particularly in light of recent press with certain other titles and Securom, which we have used in the past.

We have followed those stories closely, but already had our plan in place for this year, and are happy with the choices that we have made.

I am therefore happy to be able to announce today that, for the first time in the Football Manager series since we started making the game, you will not require the disc to be in the drive each time you start the game if you are playing on the PC! Instead, you will need to authenticate your game.

This can be done in 3 different ways.

The first is via STEAM, as mentioned above. By authenticating through STEAM, you will automatically receive patches as soon as they become available. The second is a simple online transaction, which will take less than 30 seconds. The third, for people who are not online, is via telephone registration, with local call numbers in each country where we release the game, and this will take about 5 minutes to complete from our experience in testing.

We highly recommend the online authentication processes, as they are quick and easy.

Despite the license agreement that comes with the game stating that you can only install on one machine, we are well aware that many people like to play the game on personal laptops, as well as desktops, and our licenses for Football Manager 2009 will work in a very similar way to ITunes.

This means that you will get 5 licenses for personal use, so you can play the game on up to 5 computers as long as you own them, and the owner of the game is the person playing on said machines. If you uninstall the game on one of the PC's you have the game installed on, you get that "seat" back.

As an example, say you have installed the machine on your work laptop, your work PC, your home PC and your home laptop. You would then have used up 4 out of your 5 uses of the game. Your home desktop has some problems, so you decide to re-install windows on it. As long as you uninstall the game from that machine first, you will get that license back, and when you re-install, will still only be using 4 of your 5 installs.

Please note that the license when you purchase the game is explicit that you are only allowed to use the game for your own personal use.

Also please note that on uninstallation of the game, everything is removed from your machine, including all remnants of the copy protection system which we are using, which was a bugbear of many of the other systems available on the market.

MAC users will still have the same protection system as with other years, although we are hopeful that this will change in the coming years when someone comes up with a similar system for MAC's.

So, what we've aimed for, and have hopefully succeeded on, is a system whereby the legitmate purchaser of the game will notice the copy protection even less than in previous years.

Logged Offline
Reply: 7 - 199
October 31, 2008, 2:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from 75

I'm still into last years version. I've turned down the Newcastle and Arsenal job to stay at AFC Wimbledon so I can spank the filthy club stealers. Got em in 6 weeks & once I've trounced em it may be time to move on. 3 promotions in 3 years!!!

Up the Dons

I'm sad to report I lost 3-2 at MK Dons who were given two dodgy penalties. There's still the home game to come around but due to my Chairman selling my best left winger we are finding league footballer tougher than I anticipated.

I plan on putting a shirt & tie on for the return game to inspire my boys as they battle evil.
Reply: 8 - 199
mariner91
October 31, 2008, 3:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
my game going as Gainsborough trinity is going well. I'm in my 9th season and i've got them into the Prem. We're struggling but our attendances are doing quite well, they are currently at the 15,000 mark but are constricted by my crappy stadium.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 199
October 31, 2008, 4:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91
my game going as Gainsborough trinity is going well. I'm in my 9th season and i've got them into the Prem. We're struggling but our attendances are doing quite well, they are currently at the 15,000 mark but are constricted by my crappy stadium.

You must have cheated? Surely, not possible without cheating?
Reply: 10 - 199
mariner91
October 31, 2008, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75

You must have cheated? Surely, not possible without cheating?

no i didn't cheat. Although i did put when i started that my background was international footballer. That way, you have a better chance of signing somebody decent for your team because they "want to work with you". Also, you can get money as a non-league club by requesting friendlies with Real Madrid B and other teams like that. They are more likely to accept your friendly request, you won't have to pay them any money and you still get lots of revenue from it. So if you are a small club and you have 5 games like that against similar sort of opposition, it really boosts your spending power. Thats how i did it anyway that and spending absolutely ages scouting the players in the games looking for gems who i could buy.

Oh yeah, i also got a training schedule of the internet somewhere that really improved my players.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 199
October 31, 2008, 5:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

no i didn't cheat. Although i did put when i started that my background was international footballer. That way, you have a better chance of signing somebody decent for your team because they "want to work with you". Also, you can get money as a non-league club by requesting friendlies with Real Madrid B and other teams like that. They are more likely to accept your friendly request, you won't have to pay them any money and you still get lots of revenue from it. So if you are a small club and you have 5 games like that against similar sort of opposition, it really boosts your spending power. Thats how i did it anyway that and spending absolutely ages scouting the players in the games looking for gems who i could buy.

Oh yeah, i also got a training schedule of the internet somewhere that really improved my players.

Blimey. Hats off to you. I thought I was a good manager but that is impressive!
Reply: 12 - 199
mariner91
October 31, 2008, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75

Blimey. Hats off to you. I thought I was a good manager but that is impressive!

too much time on my hands
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 199
davmariner
November 1, 2008, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Demo already available

http://www.footballmanager.com/

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 199
DocDock
November 2, 2008, 8:59am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Yep, got the demo from steam.

Need a few players for town though, suggestions? Watkiss reckons Heywood's one of the best defenders in the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 199
Venkman
November 2, 2008, 9:32am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: +3
I downloaded the game last night, only got through two friendlies so far! I won 2-1 at Lewes and drew 1-1 at Torquay.

So far i've signed Mustapha Hadji on a free, Barry Hayles on loan from Leicester and signed Micheal Simpson from Burton on a free  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 199
mike the mariner
November 2, 2008, 2:52pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: -2
vanilla or strawberry; who got which?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 199
alvinghammariner
November 2, 2008, 2:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
i downloaded the demo but m pc is too excrement to get it to work.   gutted.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 199
immariner
November 3, 2008, 10:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Pray, tell young Sir.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 199
lincolnsmariner
November 3, 2008, 10:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Quoted from alvinghammariner
i downloaded the demo but m pc is too excrement to get it to work.   gutted.

same, have to wait for my laptop to come back

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

[url]http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf[/url] BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 199
GG
November 4, 2008, 5:06pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
It worked OK for half hour and then crashed. Now whenever I try loading the game up it says an unexpected error has occurred and needs to close. After reading the SI Games forums it seems hundreds (if not thousands) of people are getting the same problem. Why release a game with so many bugs? Why didn't the beta testers spot all the problems?

Logged Offline
Reply: 21 - 199
alvinghammariner
November 4, 2008, 5:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from GG
It worked OK for half hour and then crashed. Now whenever I try loading the game up it says an unexpected error has occurred and needs to close. After reading the SI Games forums it seems hundreds (if not thousands) of people are getting the same problem. Why release a game with so many bugs? Why didn't the beta testers spot all the problems?

They probably have pc's worth thousands of pounds so don't notice problems that normal pc's would get, hope the patch fixes it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 199
BAWC
November 4, 2008, 5:46pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Quoted from GG

They've said they'll release a patch on launch day because of problems like excessive injuries, slow loading times, crashing etc etc.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 199
GG
November 5, 2008, 6:53pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Yeah I read that but this patch is only available to download from their web site. What about the thousands who don't have net access?

Logged Offline
Reply: 24 - 199
BAWC
November 5, 2008, 8:12pm

Lager Top Drinker
I don't imagine it's thousands...the chances are if they dont have the internet it's because they have a konked computer and if that's case it's unlikely they'll have the spec to install FM anyway. The errors pre-patch are annoying but they're not too bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 199
immariner
November 6, 2008, 2:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from DocDock
Yep, got the demo from steam.

Need a few players for town though, suggestions? Watkiss reckons Heywood's one of the best defenders in the team

I missed out on Hadji! Loan signings mate- Stockdale from Fulham will challenge Barnes for the number 1 jersey. Also signed a quality central midfielder on loan called Collison, constant 7.5 ratings from him. Signed Fleetwood from Charlton too for 4k. Played 5 league games without losing and can't be bothered with it now, takes too long to load the matches.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 199
alvinghammariner
November 6, 2008, 10:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
whats towns budget/debt/expectation etc?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 199
Venkman
November 7, 2008, 7:48am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: +3
Well i've just gone and booked next Friday off work so i can have a full on weekend of Footy Manager  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 199
Neilo83
November 7, 2008, 10:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
The first patch will be released on the same day as the game, so dont worry about the bugs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
November 7, 2008, 2:20pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Quoted from immariner

I missed out on Hadji! Loan signings mate- Stockdale from Fulham will challenge Barnes for the number 1 jersey. Also signed a quality central midfielder on loan called Collison, constant 7.5 ratings from him. Signed Fleetwood from Charlton too for 4k. Played 5 league games without losing and can't be bothered with it now, takes too long to load the matches.

I've signed Collison aswell, the West Ham lad right? He's quality! Also got Staurt Fleetwood, but he got injured. Managed to bring in Shaleum Logan, Calvin Andrew, and some other random premier league youngsters for my midfield. I'm 11th after 16 games.

I'm lucky enough that my laptop can handle all the 3D stuff quite comfortably. Barnes and Bennett are soo fab!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
November 7, 2008, 2:23pm

Pontoonite
Quoted Text

Quoted Text
Pray, tell young Sir.

I'm a regular on an FM forum called SortitOutSi. Link here... [url]http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/index.php?act=idx[/url]

If you look through the Tactics section, you will find loads of brilliant tactics, mainly for 08 at the moment, but you will also find that Training schedule, or similar. I use 'TUGS' training and it is by far the best! The forum will become alot busier over the next few weeks with the release of 09, and no doubt people will upload their tactics and share player finds.

You lot should join the forum, would be nice to have a few more mariners posting on there. I'm the only one.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 199
mike the mariner
November 7, 2008, 3:13pm

Fine Wine Drinker
I signed Fleetwood, Bowditch for nothing and Logan, Collison, Treacy and Sears on loan for the season.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 199
mike the mariner
November 7, 2008, 3:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
I've had a few downloads from sortitoutsi.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 199
DavyGTFC
November 18, 2008, 3:47pm

Lager Top Drinker
Hey guys some help please if possible. If I make a transfer bid I get a message from my AM telling me the news as leaked out - Is there a way in FM2009 to keep bids secret?

Also during game the AM Feedback will say there is to much space between defence & midfield or midfield and forwards

Any help would be welcome

Cheers UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 199
Green27
November 19, 2008, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
I can't get Calvin Andrews on loan Palace want his wages paid in full but I can only stretch to a grand and a bit

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
November 20, 2008, 12:37am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
9th season already, you must have alot of time on yor hands
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 36 - 199
DocDock
November 20, 2008, 1:32am

Table Wine Drinker
Sorry to hijack this thread but i'm currently playing as Telford in 2017 in the Premier League, not too bad an achievement, eh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 199
GG
November 20, 2008, 1:09pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from DocDock
Sorry to hijack this thread but i'm currently playing as Telford in 2017 in the Premier League, not too bad an achievement, eh?
You go on holiday a lot then. It takes over 24 hours to do a season.

Logged Offline
Reply: 38 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
November 20, 2008, 2:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from GG

your not kidding it takes 24 hours to do a saeson

Logged Offline
Reply: 39 - 199
Green27
November 20, 2008, 3:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Got a good one for you all to look at Nenad Injac

Currently 5th in the league 1 point off second Shrewsbury are miles ahead, Beaten Barnsley 6-1 in the League Cup but lost to Barrow in the FA Cup.

Barnes
Newey Bennett Heywood Stockdale
Hunt Logan Llewylln or Heggy
Sears Injac Bowdwich or Fleetwood

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
November 20, 2008, 3:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
notice how there are a load of good cheap scandanavians, portugese and romanian players
Logged Offline
Reply: 41 - 199
alvinghammariner
November 20, 2008, 7:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
downloading the demo patch now, hopefully will sort things.   If it does i'll get the game on saturday and catch up lol.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 199
Green27
November 20, 2008, 8:00pm
Vodka Drinker
downloading the demo patch now, hopefully will sort things.   If it does i'll get the game on saturday and catch up lol.

£22.49 from Asda.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 199
mike the mariner
November 20, 2008, 8:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
is anyone else finding it a pain to download the patch?
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 199
alvinghammariner
November 20, 2008, 8:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
took me ten mins for the demo patch, games playing, only problem is i'm losing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 199
mike the mariner
November 20, 2008, 9:15pm

Fine Wine Drinker
i've just bought the full game. how big is the demo patch, im downloading a 165MB patch, i hope it's the full game patch.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 199
DocDock
November 20, 2008, 10:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GG

I put the game on holiday inbtween games. I forgot to add it's 2008 i'm playing not 2009.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 199
Green27
November 22, 2008, 8:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Anyone considering buying this its on shoptonet for £19.99 free del.

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PCFO10

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 199
mariner91
November 22, 2008, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from immariner

Pray, tell young Sir.

its called Tugs training and you just put it in google and it'll find a way of downloading it for you. I'm sure he'll have a version for 09 by now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 199
davmariner
November 23, 2008, 12:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Just finished my first full season. Took 15 hours and I finished 2nd with Grimsby. Had quite a good team but most of my key men were loan players. I signed Stuart Fleetwood on a free and he scored 30, Chris Dickson scored 10 in few appearances, Fred Seers (Loan) scored 6 in 30. Also Jack Collison I got on loan from West Ham and he scored 7 and grabbed loads of assists. Got Michael Duberry on a free in January and he was alright but Marvin Andrews was my main man at the back. Anyone recommend any league 1 players? Mr Fenty if you ever need a cheap and successful manager, you know where I am  

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 199
killingholmemariner
November 23, 2008, 1:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Approval: -8
Quoted from Green27
Anyone considering buying this its on shoptonet for £19.99 free del.

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PCFO10

I looked at this, not sure whether or not to use it, I've never heard of it before

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 199
Green27
November 23, 2008, 1:38pm
Vodka Drinker

I looked at this, not sure whether or not to use it, I've never heard of it before

Hope it works I bought mine yesterday found it on the advert space on google I'll tell you if I recieve it seems pretty legit so far but we'll see.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 199
alvinghammariner
November 23, 2008, 3:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Got the game, and the patch and here's my update if anyone cares.
Summer transfers:
Out- Clarke £30K to Cambridge
     - Hunt £20k also to cambridge
In - Sears (loan)
    - Bodwitch for £1k
    - Hadji on a free
    - Oebeng (loan from man city)
    - Hewson (loan from man u)
    - Chester (loan from Man u)
man u are my parent club and i am 9th at the end of november Sears has 10 goals.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 199
DocDock
November 24, 2008, 12:13am

Table Wine Drinker
I've used shopto a couple of times. No problems for me. If you preorder games you'll often get them before general release too, which is nice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 199
Green27
November 24, 2008, 12:39am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DocDock
I've used shopto a couple of times. No problems for me. If you preorder games you'll often get them before general release too, which is nice.

Ta mate it sounds a right bargain too.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 199
killingholmemariner
November 24, 2008, 9:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
I've decided to buy it, I dont fancy the whole installing bit though, Hopefully should come wednesday

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 199
BIGChris
November 25, 2008, 10:11am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
In 2nd place mid Feb.

Bennett, Newey, & North have been the stars. north has 15 goals in 16 appearances and Taylor has come off the bench to get a few

Signed Fleetwood in the Jan window and he has 3 in 2 so far.

Jude Sterling has provided excellent cover at full back from MKD and Collison from West Ham is decent and Cywka from Wigan on loan is great
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 199
dunc90
November 25, 2008, 12:13pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
i got cywka on loan from wigan, been a good player for me, although my star man has been adnan ahmed from tranmere

GTFC 2-1 Notts Co
January 28th, 1995.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 199
ClarkeyUTM
November 25, 2008, 4:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Quoted from dunc90
i got cywka on loan from wigan, been a good player for me, although my star man has been adnan ahmed from tranmere

Also got Cywka, has the occasional off game (then again who doesn't) but creates lots of chances, and even scores the odd wonder-goal himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 199
Green27
November 26, 2008, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
How is everyone doing?

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 199
killingholmemariner
November 27, 2008, 1:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Signed;
Fleetwood 2.4k
Broughton 1k
Rashid yussuf loan
adam clayton loan
javan vidal loan

Sold
Clarke to york 24k
till to dag&red 6k+clauses

North scored 1 in 4
fleetwoods been poor 1 in 8
Broughtons scored 3 in 4
Hopes been poor
Heywoods been unfit
I've won 1,drawn2, lost 5 scored 6 conceded 11 in the league and im 18th

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 199
Green27
November 27, 2008, 1:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Was just going to tell you Killingholme mine came today see you all in six months

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 199
killingholmemariner
November 27, 2008, 1:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
yeah mine came yesterday, Which is strange considering you ordered yours first

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
November 27, 2008, 9:59pm

Pontoonite
[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9485/ohyeerrrbs1.jpg[/IMG]

Oh my  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 199
Green27
November 28, 2008, 7:35am
Vodka Drinker
You've got a message from Hollie itsnotcoditshaddock  

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 199
LH
November 28, 2008, 10:59am

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,615
Gold Stars: 177
Only 4020 for a Lincs Derby?
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 199
BIGChris
November 28, 2008, 11:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
After finishing 2nd in my first season I've started ok in League One.

Additions include Steve Kabba, Lewis Emanuel, Charlie Daniels & Michael Duberry on frees and 2 season long loans (Labadie  from West Brom & Bridcutt from Chelsea).
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
November 28, 2008, 12:07pm

Pontoonite
Quoted from LH
Only 4020 for a Lincs Derby?

It was only a paint pot 2nd round match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 199
Green27
November 28, 2008, 1:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Does anybody else use a Mac to play this game I just downloaded Tugs training but I cant find it in the folder I places it when I went to add it, is it not compatible  

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 199
mariner91
November 29, 2008, 12:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
i feel really left out cause it seems i'm the only person still playing on 08 but i don't want to finish the game i've got going cause i'm doing so well!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 199
killingholmemariner
November 29, 2008, 7:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Does anyone know where i can get decent premier league logos?

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 199
davmariner
November 29, 2008, 8:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Does anyone know where i can get decent premier league logos?

I didn't know you could put the logos for the premier league on the game? How do you do it??

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
November 30, 2008, 2:21pm

Pontoonite
You want to look here for Premier League logos... [url]http://sortitoutsi.net/2009/graphics/downloads/273/MD´09%20-%20Premier%20League[/url]

When you've downloaded them you'll need to extraxt the files inside the zip (with either WinZip or WinRar) and then put all the files into a folder called 'graphics'

The 'graphics' folder should be located in 'My Docs ---> Sports Interactive ---> Football Manager 2009.

If there's no graphics folder, simply create one and put all logos in there. Then when you load up the game, go to preferences, display and sound, and untick 'use skin cache' and reload your skin. Fire your game up and the logos should be there.

Hope that makes sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 199
DocDock
December 1, 2008, 11:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Anybody know how to make 2009 in "windowed" mode?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
December 1, 2008, 6:01pm

Pontoonite
Load your game up. Go to Options ---> Preferences ---> Display and Sound. And the select the 'windowed' option from a drop down list of screen sizes.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 199
Green27
December 1, 2008, 9:51pm
Vodka Drinker
I just won League Two on goal difference from Bradford both on 86 points.

Barnes
Stockdale  Bennett  Heywood  Newey
Logan    Collison  Hunt   Y Bugsdsaewdsfdsf (Some bloke from spurs)
  Sears   Injac

ST/ Fleetwood and Bowdwitch all played regularly too

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 199
Green27
December 2, 2008, 12:22am
Vodka Drinker
Right as you can tell I just got promotoed to League One and I need some Bargain buys any suggestion

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 199
lincolnsmariner
December 2, 2008, 9:03am
Whiskey Drinker
robbie fowler?

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 78 - 199
alvinghammariner
December 2, 2008, 5:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from lincolnsmariner
robbie fowler?

Wasn't interersted in coming to town on my game.

Struggling in league one now, get most of the possestion but alway concede on the break just before half time and i cant score!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 199
lincolnsmariner
December 2, 2008, 5:48pm
Whiskey Drinker

Wasn't interersted in coming to town on my game.

Struggling in league one now, get most of the possestion but alway concede on the break just before half time and i cant score!

sound fimilar....all ways say that game represents a true version of the real game.

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 80 - 199
davmariner
December 3, 2008, 11:44pm
Vodka Drinker
i got Kalala and Jason Euell on free transfers and they're doing quite well and Charlie MacDonald scoring alot for me.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
December 5, 2008, 9:28am
Season Ticket Holder
Erton F..... swedish cant spell his last name
Logged Offline
Reply: 82 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
December 5, 2008, 12:25pm

Pontoonite
Finished my first season with Town, 6th in the league, made the Northern Final of the JPT (lost over 2 legs to Carlisle). Now I'm in the playoffs and I've got Bradford.

I'll be playing it later, hopefully I'll have some good news.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 199
Green27
December 9, 2008, 2:03pm
Vodka Drinker
End of February in my second season. currently 2nd in league one 11 points behind a rampant Millwall 5 ahead of Coventry getting tense now and if I can catch Millwall I have them on the last day of the season.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 199
davmariner
December 9, 2008, 4:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Green27
End of February in my second season. currently 2nd in league one 11 points behind a rampant Millwall 5 ahead of Coventry getting tense now and if I can catch Millwall I have them on the last day of the season.

Who's in your team?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 199
alvinghammariner
December 9, 2008, 7:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
November of my second season, 20th in league one and finding league one difficult.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 199
Green27
December 9, 2008, 10:23pm
Vodka Drinker
                     Barnes
Stockdale Bennet Fowjut Beriche(L Spurs)

Logan(L) Livermore (L) Bridcutt (L) Milsom (L)

Injac Church

Subs
Eley
Andy Todd
Christohpe
Fleetwood
Nsue

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 199
NewtoN
December 10, 2008, 9:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
i can't wait to get this game after my jan exams

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 199
ClarkeyUTM
December 12, 2008, 1:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Finished 6th in my first season, yet to play the Play-Offs.

Haven't made many changes to the squad. Should of released a lot more though, seeing as my wage difference is -£700 lol.

P Barnes
R Stockdale  M Heywood  R Bennett  T Newey
              J O'Keefe(L)   J Clarke    
P Till                                         D Meenan
           D Cadamerteri   D Bowditch

Frequent subs / alternate starters:
G Montgomery
R Hope
J Smith
D Boshell
C Llewellyn
S Fleetwood
L Guy (L) - Doncaster Rovers (Parent Club)

Loanees:
T Cywka  - Wigan. Plays a good ball, finished loan with 89% completed passes record.
J Collison - Erm, West Ham? Got injured early, no comments.
J O'keefe - Blackburn. Often gets MOM. Consistent, and is happy to come. Recommended loanee.
L Guy - Doncaster, sent him here for the season. He's fast but can barely score.
Had another one, played left wing. From Wigan, name is gone completely. He was awesome though.

Out:
N Jarman
P Bore
N Hegarty
D North (Loaned)
A Taylor (Loaned)
M Bird (Loaned)
G Normington (Loaned)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 199
Green27
December 12, 2008, 8:56am
Vodka Drinker
Made it to the Championship in second with three games spare started a couple of games beating Derby and losing to Stoke and Palarse and bought in 15 new players! So will take them time to blend in.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 199
Green27
January 13, 2009, 11:17am
Vodka Drinker
In my fourth season now and Grimsby are in the Premier League beating Middlesborough in the Play offs any one got this far known any signings they could suggest.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
January 13, 2009, 3:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
always send a scout to portugal and scandinavia. there very good and always dirt cheap
Logged Offline
Reply: 92 - 199
alvinghammariner
January 13, 2009, 4:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
third season and i'm in league one, a billionaire has just bought the club so i can't wait for the summer. Got a gem of a youth player, he's 17 and top scorer in league 1 so will cash in on him in a couple of years.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 199
Green27
January 13, 2009, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
third season and i'm in league one, a billionaire has just bought the club so i can't wait for the summer. Got a gem of a youth player, he's 17 and top scorer in league 1 so will cash in on him in a couple of years.

Why has no billionaire bought us not fair! whos this gem of a player?

Mascio is awesome just cant afford the £4 mil thy want for him  

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 199
mariner91
January 13, 2009, 5:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker

how'd you get somebody to buy the club? is that just a random event that sometimes happens?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 199
mike the mariner
January 13, 2009, 7:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Why don't you look in the editor for young players with high potential ability number and who plays for a excrement team. It might not help you straight away but should be good in the long run.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 199
alvinghammariner
January 13, 2009, 8:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
it was out of the blue, some Belgian Billionaire bought the club. My gem is a striker called Kevin Harper, from the under 18's.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 199
mariner91
January 13, 2009, 8:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
will be interesting to see how much money your sugar daddy gives you to spend.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 199
alvinghammariner
January 13, 2009, 9:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
30 mil so far  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 199
mariner91
January 14, 2009, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
that's a ridiculous amount of money for a league 2/1(?) team to get to spend!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 199
NewtoN
January 15, 2009, 8:42am

Whiskey Drinker
i finally got my fm09 up and running yesterday and have started slowly in league 2. scored one goal in the opening 4 games but have only lost once. defeated in the league cup 1-0 by notts forest but just beat county in the JPT 11-10 on peno's

brought in fleetwood(charlton), pulis(southampton), and some polish striker from west brom.
sold clarke to york 16k, till to york 22k and hunt to macclesfield 6k

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 199
Green27
January 15, 2009, 1:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from NewtoN
i finally got my fm09 up and running yesterday and have started slowly in league 2. scored one goal in the opening 4 games but have only lost once. defeated in the league cup 1-0 by notts forest but just beat county in the JPT 11-10 on peno's

brought in fleetwood(charlton), pulis(southampton), and some polish striker from west brom.
sold clarke to york 16k, till to york 22k and hunt to macclesfield 6k

Hunt became a fans favourite for me in league two and still pops up now with us in the Premiership telling the media how well one of our players is doing. Look at Turkish keeper Sinan Bolat, Lareya Kingston, Lloyd Doyley, and Shaelom Logan is brilliant on loan in league 2 and 1 also already mentioned Jack Collison is a great midfielder.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 199
DocDock
January 15, 2009, 4:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from mike the mariner
Why don't you look in the editor for young players with high potential ability number and who plays for a excrement team. It might not help you straight away but should be good in the long run.

Isn't that technically cheating?

Oh and for the record, i'm still playing FM 2008, my laptop (even with the 2gb ram upgrade) can't hack 2009. Runs slow as anything. I've pretty much "completed" it if you like, took Telford from the blue square north to winning the champions league in about 12 seasons. Not much you can do after that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 199
mariner91
January 15, 2009, 10:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
i'm still on 2008 as well. I'm in the middle of doing what you did with Tetford only i'm using gainsborough. Champions of leauge one and it is my....fifth season i think.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 199
Biggles999
January 16, 2009, 11:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Playing as Grimsby Town and in my 3rd Premiership season, it is worth trying to sign James Vaughan, a quality all round striker on the game

Reporter - Is it true you took your wife to see Huddersfield on your honeymoon?

Bill Shankly - Do you think I would marry my wife in the football season? Besides it was Huddersfield Reserves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 199
ClarkeyUTM
January 16, 2009, 12:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Just finished my 2nd season, in League One. Was on course to promotion until an 8-game win-less streak condemned any hope I had. Not even a 6 game winning streak / 12 game undefeated streak helped after that.

League champions 10/11 I think, hopefully in the Premiership within the next 3-4 seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 199
PontoonParker
January 16, 2009, 1:10pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
After 2 successive promotions (remember them?) I got beaten by Fulham in the Play Offs to deny me a place in the Prem.

Fenty tried to sell the club but it fell through at the last minute. The proposed buyer...............................Peter Furneaux!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 199
DocDock
January 16, 2009, 2:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91
i'm still on 2008 as well. I'm in the middle of doing what you did with Tetford only i'm using gainsborough. Champions of leauge one and it is my....fifth season i think.

It's doable, as proved by me and a few others. You probably know this but get a decent parent club and decent scouts, scouts with high judging ability and high judging potential. Also having a high determination is equally as good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 199
mike the mariner
January 16, 2009, 3:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from DocDock

Isn't that technically cheating?

i would say it's on a level with going on a forum and asking if anyone knows any good players that they could sign.
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 199
davmariner
January 16, 2009, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Can anyone explain to me how to get editor and Sugardaddy? Presume it's where you get more £££ to spend?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 199
Green27
January 16, 2009, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker

i would say it's on a level with going on a forum and asking if anyone knows any good players that they could sign.

Ooohh harsh in my imaginary football world I just believe it is one manager asking a fellow peer about any unknown stars out their who deserve a chance at a professional career here at my club.  Of course you can have my autograph sunny.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 199
mike the mariner
January 16, 2009, 5:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Green27

Ooohh harsh in my imaginary football world I just believe it is one manager asking a fellow peer about any unknown stars out their who deserve a chance at a professional career here at my club.

i think i might have gone a little over the top, but using editor to find players with high potential who may come 2 your club isn't cheating either, just a little underhanded way of scouting. you still have 2 sign them and train them 2 reach their potential.

the editor comes on the cd i think.
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 199
davmariner
January 16, 2009, 6:46pm
Vodka Drinker

i think i might have gone a little over the top, but using editor to find players with high potential who may come 2 your club isn't cheating either, just a little underhanded way of scouting. you still have 2 sign them and train them 2 reach their potential.

the editor comes on the cd i think.

Oh ok. Whereabouts can I find it?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 199
alvinghammariner
January 16, 2009, 6:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Go to my computer: C:, Program files, Sports interactive, Football manager 2009, tools, Data editor.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 199
davmariner
January 16, 2009, 7:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Don't have a tools folder  

It's just: crash dumps, db, games, graphics, matches, skins, sounds and tactics....?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 199
mike the mariner
January 16, 2009, 9:41pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Go to my computer: C:, Program files, Sports interactive, Football manager 2009, tools, Data editor.

that's where mine is. are you sure your in my computer and not my documents?
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 199
davmariner
January 17, 2009, 11:47pm
Vodka Drinker
I've got that steam thingy so it's saved somewhere else. Anyway I've found it now what do I do with the folder??

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 199
immariner
January 18, 2009, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
I've gone back all the way to FM2006 to get my fix due to having to use an arc-esque pc that was in the loft, and it runs quite slowly tbh. Nevertheless, just got Nuneaton promoted through the play-offs (finished second on 87 points somehow, even though I won 9-0, 7-1, and 5-0 constantly) to the conference and have some quality players for this level including: Jorg Stiel in goal as player/coach, Muamba and Darren Gibson as my centre-mid pairing and Richard Offiong and Calvin Andrew as my strikeforce. Signed Andrew at the beginning of April and he banged in 20 goals in 6 games and was the subject of a £1m bid from a championship side even though he is only valued at £18k. Needless to say I turned it down because I wouldn't be able to spend that sort of money anyway and I have nearly the same amount in the bank from doing great business in the transfer market for all my crap players and signing free transfers to replace them, plus winning the FA Trophy and playing friendlies against Prem sides helped. Had gotten rid of the entire squad i started with barring 3 players by January as there isn't a transfer window at that level, I really like the game and I'm looking forward to seeing where I can take them now, which poses an interesting question:

Is the new fandangled FM better than the older ones for gameplay and enjoyment?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
January 20, 2009, 12:44pm

Pontoonite
Quoted from immariner
Is the new fandangled FM better than the older ones for gameplay and enjoyment?

I think so yes, I'm really enjoying being Town on 09, and even though I'm still stuck in L2, its great. Still, you can't beat the good old Championship Manager 03/04, the best version imo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
January 21, 2009, 4:12pm

Pontoonite
Anyone looking for a comprehensive and excellent tactical guide to FM 09 should look here....

[url]http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/[/url]

On the top right of the page, a yellow/green advert type thing with 'Download TTF 09 Full Version' should appear. Highly recommended guide, in PDF format, use this and you'll never have tactical problems again..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 199
ClarkeyUTM
January 21, 2009, 5:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from PontoonParker
After 2 successive promotions (remember them?) I got beaten by Fulham in the Play Offs to deny me a place in the Prem.

Fenty tried to sell the club but it fell through at the last minute. The proposed buyer...............................Peter Furneaux!!!

Peter Furneaux DID by the club on mine  
I hasn't really benefited me, although I did get Chelsea as a parent club  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 199
mike the mariner
February 11, 2009, 7:04pm

Fine Wine Drinker
does anybody know when the next official patch out?
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 199
alvinghammariner
February 11, 2009, 8:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
in a couple of weeks i think, they released the third patch around this time last year if i remember right.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 199
pontoonlew
February 13, 2009, 9:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
Federico Laurito

Look no further than this ABSOLOUTE BEAST of a player. Town in the Championship. Spent half my transfer fund (£2.5 million) on him. He's repaid with 40 goals and its Feburary!!

Another player, Miguel Villalta. Defender who has averaged 7.5 in his three seasons here. (Got him on-loan for the season twice, then bought him)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 199
alvinghammariner
February 16, 2009, 5:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Here is my Regen superstar in the premiership, Kevin Harper.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu222/alvinghammariner/KevinHarper.jpg

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 199
killingholmemariner
March 24, 2009, 12:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Could Someone do me a massive favour and tell me what all the graphic files are?
i've had to reinstall it and totally forgot everything

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 199
pontoonlew
March 24, 2009, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Here is my Regen superstar in the premiership, Kevin Harper.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu222/alvinghammariner/KevinHarper.jpg

How did you get that background?

I had to start this again because my old laptop bust. In my first season I drew 2-2 in the play-off final with Shrewsbury. I then lost 10-9 on pens! With the update we are really good because of the loanees!

Then the second season I made some superb captures, started with a blank budget. Sold some crap for peanuts, just to rid myself of the wage bill really. Then got Stuart Fleetwood for £0! Charlton went into Admin so they just let him go for nothing. A fantastic 16 year old that came through the youth team who was rated as Championship standard. And some really smooth loan captures along with 2 Irish youngsters on either wing. This gave me a great chance to win the league.

Midway through I was 15th! And got sacked! The day before the transfer window! So I quit the game and it started again just before the 3-0 loss that got me sacked. I won the game and went onto win 5 games in a row! I am now 3rd.

I fudging love this game!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 199
immariner
March 24, 2009, 8:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
What's the point of playing if you are gonna cheat?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 199
ClarkeyUTM
March 24, 2009, 11:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from immariner
What's the point of playing if you are gonna cheat?

My current game sees Town in the Championship Play-offs - reached them on the last day (thank you GD) -, with Norwich the first obstacle. I'm only willing to play the match once I'm in the state of mind to get my tactics and line-up perfectly concentrated, as I got thrashed both times by Norwich that season.

But if the worst does happen, I'm thinking of cheating my way into the Premiership, sacking myself and seeing how Town fair with the big guns without me. Should be interesting.

But I agree, where's the glory and success from cheating? I hadn't played any FM before 08, and with that the only way I could gain promotion was via cheating my way through it. After gaining my first non-cheating promotion via Play-offs on 09, then taking the League One title, I can safely say the feeling is much more glorious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 199
NewtoN
March 26, 2009, 8:31am

Whiskey Drinker
currently playing as West Ham in my fifth season. Started off as Aston Villa but got the chop for failing to get them into europe, second season i took charge of Crewe and got them promoted from league 2 , Watford offered me a job so accepted and saved them from relegation to league 1 in my 3rd season and half way through my third season west ham offered me a job currently 7th in the premier league. Liam Simmonds is a cracking player from Cork City, also Garvan from Ipswich. Ryan Bennett is also very good

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 199
NorthLeedsMariner
March 26, 2009, 9:26am
Exile
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +11
I can always get Town promoted in my first season but we then seem relegation fodder for the next.

Decided I wanted a real challenge so I am now the new manager of Harrogate Town FC. No money but have my full quota of loan sugnings. Running away with the league. Blue Square Premiership here we come....

<*))))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 199
ClarkeyUTM
March 26, 2009, 10:58am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from NewtoN
Ryan Bennett is also very good

I was planning and sealing Bennett's place in the Town legends books, and hoping to make him the clubs most appeared player ahead of Macca.

UNTIL Sunderland came in with a £2.4m offer in 2012, which was accepted with no hesitation by Peter Furneaux on my behalf... He was my most consistent player for 4 years, and without a doubt the best at the club. If he stayed I am sure I would be in the Prem by now, and not stuck in the damn play-offs!

Well at least he is still in the record books as the biggest fee received...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
March 26, 2009, 12:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
How do you get decent regen players?
Logged Offline
Reply: 133 - 199
Wembley 08
March 26, 2009, 6:04pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Can anyone direct me to a decent FM 2009 website with tips? Haven't played it for years and have now bought FM 2009 so think I need to brush up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 199
Chrisblor
March 27, 2009, 8:38pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,987
Gold Stars: 243
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
How do you get decent regen players?

Ask your board to update your youth facilities every season

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
March 27, 2009, 11:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
cheers
Logged Offline
Reply: 136 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
March 28, 2009, 7:49am

Pontoonite
Quoted from Wembley 08
Can anyone direct me to a decent FM 2009 website with tips? Haven't played it for years and have now bought FM 2009 so think I need to brush up

http://www.sortitoutsi.net

Thats one of the best places. Go on the forums and there's reams of threads for players, tactics, training etc..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 199
pontoonlew
March 30, 2009, 6:17pm
Vodka Drinker
I have well and truely been thrashing this game. Playing it to the death. Now got a superb team full of unknown players all rated as Championship standard. Got a partnership with Sunderland and they keep sending me quality players.

Just finished 8th in League 1. 1 point from play-offs. Major achivement. Got some beasts in line to capture now and hopefully a play-off push is on the cards!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 199
Green27
April 7, 2009, 5:42pm
Vodka Drinker
I just got taken over in The Championship gave me a cool £43 mill Ker bloody ching but they wanted to replace me with Frank Riikjard then they thought against it top of Championship after mid season mediocracy but won the FA Cup  

GK Bolat
Def Bennett, Beevers, Maddocks, Schwaab
Mid Mascio, Delph, A. Young, R. Sneijder
ST Injac, Marinqihos

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 199
pontoonlew
April 7, 2009, 10:50pm
Vodka Drinker
I ended up getting Grimsby into the Championship. After 2 hard years, players were becoming stupid as I was in 2017 so my team was pretty much full of Regens. So I stepped down, going down in History in the process.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 199
ClarkeyUTM
April 7, 2009, 11:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
My team is full of regens anyway.

In 5 years I reached the play-off final of the Championship with an average squad rating, since my second season, of 20.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 199
Green27
April 16, 2009, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
This takeover has taken the fun out of the game this is my first season in the premiership and though its nice to see I don't feel like I earned it.

[IMG]http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/GTFC27/fm.jpg[/IMG]

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 199
GTFCDan
April 16, 2009, 7:31pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Quoted from Green27
I just got taken over in The Championship gave me a cool £43 mill Ker bloody ching but they wanted to replace me with Frank Riikjard then they thought against it top of Championship after mid season mediocracy but won the FA Cup  

GK Bolat
Def Bennett, Beevers, Maddocks, Schwaab
Mid Mascio, Delph, A. Young, R. Sneijder
ST Injac, Marinqihos

Marquinhos stats are awsome but he always plays crap on my game whats he like on yours??

I'm the law and you can't beat the law
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 199
Biggles999
April 17, 2009, 10:37am
Table Wine Drinker
I took Town straight into the Premiership from League 2.

I won the Premier League in my first season, needed to beat United at Blundell Park in the last game to overtake them. I won 1-0 in the 92nd, poetic justice??

Have just beaten Udinese 1-0 in the Champions League and drawn 3-3 with Barcelona in the same competition.

Cant remember my full team because I am posting this at work, but I have players like Alex, Aguero, Rossi, Mahamdou Sakho, Bale and Miguel Veloso.

Bill Shankly - Do you think I would marry my wife in the football season? Besides it was Huddersfield Reserves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 199
pontoonlew
April 17, 2009, 10:49am
Vodka Drinker
I'm going for a huge challenge, take AFC Wimbledon into the Prem. Got a bit of time on my hands today, so why not!

Anybody else want to join me, see who gets there first
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 199
Biggles999
April 17, 2009, 12:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
I will take you up on that one PontoonLew. Any rules behind it?

Your going to have a head start on me though because I can only play when I am at home and I am stuck at work atm

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 199
pontoonlew
April 17, 2009, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Biggles999
I will take you up on that one PontoonLew. Any rules behind it?

Your going to have a head start on me though because I can only play when I am at home and I am stuck at work atm

Haven't started yet, no editor or anything and post up a few screen shots here and there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 199
NewtoN
April 17, 2009, 12:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
i might take up this challenge aswell

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 199
Biggles999
April 17, 2009, 12:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
No editor or nothing then - I wont be able to post up screen shots though as I dont have the internet at home. I will keep you informed though

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 199
pontoonlew
April 17, 2009, 1:09pm
Vodka Drinker
[img]http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=76357910.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 199
Green27
April 17, 2009, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GTFCDan

Marquinhos stats are awsome but he always plays crap on my game whats he like on yours??

He's brilliant I love his versatility I can play him in any acting role I want and his average form is 6.78 I think with the occasional 8.5.

Laurito
Lewandoski are great buys as his Matiudi.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 199
pontoonlew
April 17, 2009, 4:28pm
Vodka Drinker
[img]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2821/promotionz.jpg[/img]

Thats niiiiiiccceee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 199
davmariner
April 18, 2009, 9:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Green27
This takeover has taken the fun out of the game this is my first season in the premiership and though its nice to see I don't feel like I earned it.

[IMG]http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/GTFC27/fm.jpg[/IMG]

Can I ask where you downloaded your badges from?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 199
mike the mariner
April 18, 2009, 9:58pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
April 18, 2009, 10:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
there easy to install
getting rid of the fake teams however aint
Logged Offline
Reply: 155 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
April 21, 2009, 2:51pm

Pontoonite
Which fake teams? Germany and Holland? Just delete the fake.inc file in your database folders. I think...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
April 21, 2009, 5:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Which fake teams? Germany and Holland? Just delete the fake.inc file in your database folders. I think...

i tried that and still not worked. how do u play it in a window so that you can do other stuff as well??
Logged Offline
Reply: 157 - 199
itsnotcoditshaddock
April 22, 2009, 6:24pm

Pontoonite
You need to start a new game for the changes to take place. To get windowed mode, load up FM, go to 'preferences', 'display and sound' and select 'windowed' from the drop down selection.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
April 22, 2009, 6:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
cheers
Logged Offline
Reply: 159 - 199
dangtfc1
April 22, 2009, 7:03pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +4
[URL=http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivision3.png][IMG]http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3641/englishpremierdivision3.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

It may have taken 19 years but we got there! This was actually my 3rd season in the Premiership. I started with Hull (shocking I know), managed them for 5 years, moved on to Spurs where I was for 5 years, went to Rochdale where I spent 2 or 3 season then I took over at Town in 2022 (I think) when they were mid-table League 2.

Read all about it on my football manager forum    [url]http://forum.fm-view.com/index.php?showtopic=6084[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 199
davmariner
April 22, 2009, 8:03pm
Vodka Drinker

Yeah I was looking for the specific link to them but thanks anyway mate.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 199
mike the mariner
April 22, 2009, 8:52pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 199
marinersquaddie
April 22, 2009, 9:11pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Quoted from dangtfc1
[URL=http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivision3.png][IMG]http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3641/englishpremierdivision3.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

It may have taken 19 years but we got there! This was actually my 3rd season in the Premiership. I started with Hull (shocking I know), managed them for 5 years, moved on to Spurs where I was for 5 years, went to Rochdale where I spent 2 or 3 season then I took over at Town in 2022 (I think) when they were mid-table League 2.

Read all about it on my football manager forum    [url]http://forum.fm-view.com/index.php?showtopic=6084[/url]

Bloody hell....I was bored so just went through all 14 pages of that! Some epic seasons you had there. You ever thought of starting at someone with no money /no sugerdaddy and doing it the proper hard way?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 199
dangtfc1
April 22, 2009, 10:35pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from marinersquaddie

Bloody hell....I was bored so just went through all 14 pages of that! Some epic seasons you had there. You ever thought of starting at someone with no money /no sugerdaddy and doing it the proper hard way?

Cheers man, aye it's been an epic journey, some really great seasons and some truly forgettable ones. When I got Hull promoted unbeaten in the Championship I felt a bit dirty to be honest!

I've had a fair few games where I've started with nothing, I did a game where I played one season at a club then moved elsewhere. I started at Mohun Bagan in India and won the league, I thought I'd get at least a League 1 job but was overlooked by everyone. Ended up at Peterhead where I guided them from strugglers to top half/promotion chasers when Chesterfield came knocking and I got them in the upper echelons of League 2  

I just immerse myself in the game it's so ridiculously addictive, on FM2008 I had Darlo in the Champions League!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
April 24, 2009, 1:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Decent players cheap for the lower leages . . . . . anyone know any??
Logged Offline
Reply: 165 - 199
Biggles999
April 24, 2009, 1:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Players like Francisco Duran from Liverpool and there are a couple of Tottenham players (one is an attacking left mid) are almost always willing to join on loan.

I also signed Dean Bowditch (Ipswich) and Bartosz Slusarki (WBA) on loan as well. Both got me plenty of goals.

Seyfo Soley (cm or cb) is worth having a look at as well - he is a free transfer.

Fortunately the majority of towns defence is decent. During the first season on it I only tend to improve my midfield and strike force as the town back 5 is good on the game.

I have regularly sold Barnes and Stockdale for 100k after the first season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 199
immariner
April 24, 2009, 1:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from dangtfc1

Cheers man, aye it's been an epic journey, some really great seasons and some truly forgettable ones. When I got Hull promoted unbeaten in the Championship I felt a bit dirty to be honest!

I've had a fair few games where I've started with nothing, I did a game where I played one season at a club then moved elsewhere. I started at Mohun Bagan in India and won the league, I thought I'd get at least a League 1 job but was overlooked by everyone. Ended up at Peterhead where I guided them from strugglers to top half/promotion chasers when Chesterfield came knocking and I got them in the upper echelons of League 2  

I just immerse myself in the game it's so ridiculously addictive, on FM2008 I had Darlo in the Champions League!

You certainly are dangerously addicted! I'm still playing off 2006. Finished 6th in the prem with Darlo in my third season after promotion and they had the cheek to sack me after 2 defeats in 8 games at the start of the next season because the players had 'lost confidence in my abilities'! Seriously now! Joined Forest in the championship who had only recorded one win in their first 14 games, after 12 more I'm eyeing the playoffs (10 points off with 20 games to go) and have made some very good signings with some more to come in July. Might quit after I've got them promoted which I'm sure I will do by the end of next season, and try a different challenge rather than succomb to expectations again and again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 199
sonofmadeleymariner
April 24, 2009, 1:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Decent players cheap for the lower leages . . . . . anyone know any??

Collison from West HAm is a great loan plus Templeman from one of the lower scottish leagues has score 18 goals for me this season and its only early november

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 199
killingholmemariner
April 25, 2009, 7:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Just wondering what everyones stadiums are like?
im in my 3rd season and i've only managed to get it expanded to 10,033.

J99 Upper findus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 199
dangtfc1
April 26, 2009, 12:06am

Lager Top Drinker
Got Blundell Park up to just over 25,000 now - I wanted a new stadium but the local council wouldn't back it! Such a realistic game on and off the pitch!

Lower league gems I've had/noticed on my travels:

Marco Pelosi
Dean Bowditch
Stuart Fleetwood
Carl Ikeme
Mascio
Diego Ribera
Seyfou Soley (as mentioned above, he's on a free)
Ionescu (not sure first name)
Georgi Makaridze is a young keeper with bags of potential
Yoon Bit Garam is another kid with tonnes of potential, good all round stats too
Ricky Waddell
Bradley Hudson-Odei scores a lot

If I think of any more I'll post em up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 199
alvinghammariner
April 26, 2009, 8:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Just wondering what everyones stadiums are like?
im in my 3rd season and i've only managed to get it expanded to 10,033.

thats how big i've got BP even with a rich owner who wants to build a new stadium but the council keep saying no, and i'm midtable in the premiership!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
April 27, 2009, 10:54am
Season Ticket Holder
Not rating your Dean Bowditch idea, Charlie Daniels spurs is good. Richal Lietloe is immense you have to buy him in your first season though
Logged Offline
Reply: 172 - 199
Biggles999
April 27, 2009, 2:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
FAO Pontoonlew

How is you AFC Wimbledon game going?

I have taken them into the Conference Premier and am currently in 2nd. Lost my first game (Luton away) but have won the next 4.

I have signed the following on loan - David Button, Jacques Maghoma and a spurs 17 yr old centre mid.

The following permanently - Tore Andre Flo, Miki Roque, Phil Ifil, Julien Baudet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 199
pontoonlew
April 27, 2009, 6:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Biggles999
FAO Pontoonlew

How is you AFC Wimbledon game going?

I have taken them into the Conference Premier and am currently in 2nd. Lost my first game (Luton away) but have won the next 4.

I have signed the following on loan - David Button, Jacques Maghoma and a spurs 17 yr old centre mid.

The following permanently - Tore Andre Flo, Miki Roque, Phil Ifil, Julien Baudet.

I havent had much time to play again yet. Got promoted to BSP in one day but now i'm still in pre-season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 199
DocDock
April 27, 2009, 7:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
I'm currently playing as AFC Wimbledon. Got them promoted up to league 1 in successive seasons. My most reputable result so far  

[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk280/docdock/Picture2-1.png[/img]

And my current starting xi

[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk280/docdock/Picture3.png[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 199
davmariner
May 1, 2009, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 199
Neilo83
May 15, 2009, 12:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Anyone updated this to 9.3 version yet?? I did and ya start with Akpro, Proudlock, Widdowson (loan) etc etc, and even stein as coach.. Akpro is a goal scoring machine had 7 goals in 8 games at 1 point for me..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 199
Biggles999
May 15, 2009, 12:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
I have updated it to 9.3. Didnt like it because it isnt how we started the season. The challenge is getting Town promoted with the original squad.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 199
alvinghammariner
May 15, 2009, 4:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
I started playing my origional town save again, it's now the end of November in the 2014/2015 season and i'm 5th in the prem and a new 30,000 seater stadium is being built.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 199
MaccaBilk
May 20, 2009, 6:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.85
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +16
I started playing my origional town save again, it's now the end of November in the 2014/2015 season and i'm 5th in the prem and a new 30,000 seater stadium is being built.

Maybe you should have a word with Mr Fenty and tell him how you managed to find an anchor tenant...

--
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 199
biggles9999
May 20, 2009, 12:58pm
Main Stander
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367

On my Town game I was bought out by a rich owner after one season in the Premiership. Was given a 50k seater stadium and about 60million to spend. Couldnt be bothered with it anymore - no challenge.

Btw for anybody doing the AFC Wimbledon challenge. I am currently top of League 1 in straight seasons. Admitedly I have only played 2 league games but hey ho. I have signed Adam Le Fondre and he has 6 goal in 3 games for me. Also signed Billy Clarke on a free with Brett Ormerod as back up.

Stephen Wright at rb
Andy Dawson at LB
Jamie Ashdown in Goal
David Livermore CM

got a few other big(ish) signings but cant remember them off the top of my head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 199
mike the mariner
June 3, 2009, 1:05am

Fine Wine Drinker
I always seem to get bored after 2 or 3 seasons now.
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 199
NewtoN
June 5, 2009, 1:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
well into my 9th season now, currently managing fulham

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 199
mike the mariner
June 5, 2009, 3:11pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Where's GG gone? I haven't see him around here for a while.
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 199
Biggles999
June 5, 2009, 4:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
I have had games where I active the top leagues from around 8-9 countries and wait for the first job I am offered then work my way around the world and see which teams want me.

Best one I had:

Given a Russian team at Xmas, bottom of the league and kept them up, then had them 3rd by xmas the next year.

Moved to Reggina when they were 2nd bottom at Xmas and got them into the UEFA cup by signing players like Julio Cruz and Olivier Dacourt on loan.

Moved to Inter and stayed there for 3 seasons, winning league x 2 and champions league x 2, then moved to Real Madrid where I am now

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
June 5, 2009, 10:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Loving my Boca Juniors save atm
Logged Offline
Reply: 186 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
June 5, 2009, 11:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
We still remember how you feel about them Juniors, Wrawby.  

Ouch, that hurt
Logged Offline
Reply: 187 - 199
mike the mariner
June 5, 2009, 11:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Sorry, do you want me to get rid of it?
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
June 5, 2009, 11:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
no im fine really,
Logged Offline
Reply: 189 - 199
mike the mariner
June 5, 2009, 11:33pm

Fine Wine Drinker
It was a bit of a cheap shot.
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
June 5, 2009, 11:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
your making me out to be a sex pest of sorts
Logged Offline
Reply: 191 - 199
mike the mariner
June 5, 2009, 11:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
It was only in reference to that date you went on a while back.
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 199
Wrawby_Mariner
June 6, 2009, 10:39am
Season Ticket Holder
I kind of gathered (ive got bigger and better things lined up this summer)
Logged Offline
Reply: 193 - 199
mike the mariner
June 7, 2009, 1:42am

Fine Wine Drinker
Where's GG gone? I haven't see him around here for a while.

It's ok he came on last night.
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 199
monkey
June 7, 2009, 5:37am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
pissin the prem with town 8 seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 199
mike the mariner
June 7, 2009, 6:00am

Fine Wine Drinker
Well done you.
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 199
NorthLeedsMariner
June 10, 2009, 11:45am
Exile
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +11
Currently only on my third season of FM09 having won promotion via the playoffs in my second season and now in League One. Barry Conlon was brought to the club on a free transfer and was bloodly awful and was subsequently sold in January for £2000. Kalala also in team and playing well.

Just sold Bennett for £250,000 to Barnsley and insisted on a sell on clause of 25%. Fantasy is becoming reality...

<*))))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 199
sonofmadeleymariner
June 11, 2009, 4:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
still on my first season with town (dont play it much plus my computer slow as intercourse it takes the game 2 hours to process after each game about just as long each time i click continue or try to save the game)

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 199
Green27
June 11, 2009, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Not played it for abit though I got bored and put the team I have on Pro Evo. flipping quality.  

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 199
20 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Manager 2009

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.